EFL Cup: West Ham v Man Utd (A) - Wednesday 22nd September, 19:45

1234568»

Comments

• So what you are saying Barney is we need stats =)
  • Yarmo worked hard. Wasn't the worst performance. I think a goal will help him - hopefully will come in the Europa. I think it's in his head at the moment. His movement has sometimes been weird. Coufal looked pretty frustrated with him at one point.
  • edited September 2021
    https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1591988/LiveStatistics/England-League-Cup-2021-2022-Manchester-United-West-Ham

Of 'forward' players...

Yarmo pass completion 78.3%

Lanzini and Nobes over 90%.

Kral 68, Bowen 63.

Another interesting thing I noticed, we had 0 as number of accurate crosses.

• No Cresswell, no crosses.
  • Yarmolenko just needs to stop all the flicks and tricks as they never come off, just loses the ball

Surprised Moyes doesn't grind him over it.....hes a bit of a old schooler so wouldn't have thought he'd appreciate that kind of thing especially as he was so publicly critical of Benrahma for losing it too much

But then again Yarmolenko is into his 30s, he ain't changing anytime soon
  • Also Bowen not quite as effective a target man as Antonio?

Yarmo will be 32 on 23 October
  • And now Noble misses another great chance.

With only the keeper to beat, he sidefoots it straight at him, a little like his poor penalty kick on Sunday.
  • Lets not forget Noble was probably absolutely shattered. Run his socks off for his first 90 mins in yonks and he ain't no spring chicken.
  • I think put in a shift may over egg it a bit but there wasn't an effort issue with Yarmalenko, the issue is I never think he is going to find the net when he gets the ball and I think he lacks pace. No Problem with his attitude or effort last night, I just think the Premiership is a step too far for his ability.

• Managed to see it on MUTV. Revenge is best served cold 🙂 . Yarmo really stepped up as a senior player- i think he likes responsibility. Him and Bowen are both due a goal. Diop was immense, Kral did some good defending, Johnson way more assured than before. If that had been our A team, we'd be saying they deserve automatic re-selection...
  • I'm trying to remember another time when Noble was clear of defenders in a one-on-one with the keeper and I'm coming up empty.

I don't think he has a future career as a striker...
  • I'm trying to remember another time when Noble was clear of defenders in a one-on-one with the keeper and I'm coming up empty.

Last Sunday if memory serves me correct.
  • edited September 2021

I'm trying to remember another time when Noble was clear of defenders in a one-on-one with the keeper and I'm coming up empty.

I don't think he has a future career as a striker...

Not a bad effort after 90 mins for someone who's 'legs have gone'.

Having won the ball in his own penalty area, passed it out and then followed up to the other end of the pitch, it certainly surprised me, just a pity he didn't finish it off - had plenty of time to control it first. No criticism, just admiration.