EFL Cup: West Ham v Man Utd (A) - Wednesday 22nd September, 19:45

Comments

• Lukerz said:

I thought Vlasic looked sharp and decent, let’s not go too heavy on a guy so early in his career here

Kral looked a bit limited to me, worked hard but I think he’ll be nothing more than a squad filler

Just say it how I see it, but of course it’s very early days.
    Just not convinced so far with what I’ve seen 👍🏻
  • Watching that I reckon this is the best squad we’ve had for a good few years. We seem to have cover just about everywhere ( striker apart) and Moyes deserves enormous credit for that.
  • Hope Fredericks recovers quickly. Great break for the goal, his pace will come in useful
  • Frederick's run and set up for the goal was great. Hope its not a bad injury.
  • 12 PL teams, 4 Champo.
  • I think 'Arry has overdone the refreshments.
  • Man city lol
  • Draw coming up, too.

I'm am 99% sure we will get City or Liverpool away.

'away' was a typo.
  • lets see who we get, Citeh away knowing our luck

ok at home, about time they lost in this cup
  • Let City have their Micky Mouse Cup.

Europa League is what it's all about.
  • It is West Ham v Manchester City, another easy game. A Manchester double for us, I reckon.
  • I feel like we haven't had much luck in cup draws recently. We seem to keep getting the big guns like Man Utd, Man City, AFC Wimbledon.
  • Dear God, high up in the sky, could we please win any cup, before I finally die
  • Got to beat the best sides if you want a cup
  • rather have citeh now than the final
  • MrsGrey said:

I think 'Arry has overdone the refreshments.

He’d do anything for a few quid that man.

• I guess if you have to play them then before the Semi's is best and at home, they will not play their first eleven and nor will we so league form is a bit deceptive as tonight proved. Tonight's game was two different teams from the league meeting.
  • Well done boys and we’ll done Mark . He must have been very down after Sunday but put in a great performance.
    The team is playing so well . Moyes has got the squad performing and playing for each other. We know we can’t win every game but players trying so hard for the fans and each other is all you can ask for.
  • Went to the library today to ask when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s book on football management & how to win a trophy will be in.

“I haven’t got a clue.” She replied

That’s the one I said.
  • How good was that? On the coach home now and still buzzing. What a good all round performance. Kral had a great debut and Nobes played the first 45 minutes as though they were his last. Bowen was my MOTM but Diop and Dawson weren’t far behind. We showed our squad depth, less a striker of course, and the camaraderie came to the fore once again. COYI
  • Match not shown here, so I read the HYS on BBC match report. There are some very low-wattage bulbs out there... dozens mentioned MU playing their B team without realizing they were playing WHU B team. As for the 'bants', they need to read WHU606 to get some new ideas. 🙂
  • Come on OCS, time for the Dirty Lids thread.
  • edited September 2021
    Just posted it Herbie 👍
  • Herb, as Trigger once said.
    “Camaraderie, is that the Italian boy?”
  • Couldn’t watch the game but was able to listen to the second half. According to the commentary it sounded like Masuaka and Yarmo worked their socks off with their defencive duties. Can anyone confirm this?
    Also, sounded like we missed quite a few good opportunities to kill the game off in the last 10 minutes but whilst searching for highlights couldn’t see any of that.
  • am i the only one who thinks Yarmo put in a shift ,In fact as i was watching it,He looked like a spring chicken running around .And then in the next second he was back helping our defence .Masuaka did okay but clearly need games some how to get up to speed
  • Yarmo put in more of a shift than i expected but, without knowing what the stats are, i think he lost the ball a lot.