The Jesse Lingard Derby

Comments

• We went so long with getting so few penalties, and now we're getting them we keep missing.
  • Sickner. Poor penalty and Lingard winner, I'm well cheesed off
  • Moyes has been great since he came back, but we've been pretty poor in almost every game against the top four.

Too cautious, too respectful, and I really don't get why. Fair enough if you're battling relegation but why not just go for these games a bit more?

And bringing Noble on to take the pen was just terrible. Could see that miss coming a million miles away.
  • I’m going to have a lay down in a dark room with only a bottle of Jack D for company.
  • Why on earth would you bring on a player who hadn't kicked the ball to take a pen ?

We saw this in England v Italy. Its just nonsensical.
  • Was not meant to be.
    Not sure why Moyes did that.
    Rice had already picked the ball up to take it…
    Oh well , 1 point lost rather than 3 …
    But Moyes you ….. let us down there imo
  • I do actually feel sick. We didn't really deserve a point, but to get that chance with a penalty in the last minute was such a gift.
  • Probably a fair result and now we have nobody at the club who can take penalties.
  • Crazy stuff
  • Rice would have buried it, simple, you don’t bring on Noble to take one shot with the last kick
  • I thought we held our own in the 2nd half , don’t agree with fair result personally
  • As others have said ,crazy to bring noble on feel sick as well
  • New rule, players should NOT be asked to take a penalty without playing a minute, did we not learn that lesson during the Euros…. I am so mad.

I actually think that we were lucky that the penalty was not given against Ronaldo just before our debacle.

I feel that we were worthy of a point, but what a poor managerial decision at the end, unbelievable
  • Moyes has been great since he came back, but we've been pretty poor in almost every game against the top four.

Too cautious, too respectful, and I really don't get why. Fair enough if you're battling relegation but why not just go for these games a bit more?

And bringing Noble on to take the pen was just terrible. Could see that miss coming a million miles away.

He has an awful lot of credit in the bank, but his stance on a striker has already back-fired. Having to bring on Yarmolenko, who somehow managed to look knackered immediately, is the result of not getting adequate cover for Antonio.
  • He took such an angled run up that penalty could only go one way and then at the perfect height.
    I hope we never ever do such a stupid thing again.
  • edited September 2021
    100% blame to Moyes…Rookie decision to do that which surprises me as such a experienced manager, very, very poor…
    Hope he will learn from this…
  • At least I lived long enough to see us awarded a penalty against Man Utd in Fergie time, and then we go ahead and make a right old Horlicks of it.

It doesn’t get more West Ham than that

• Also a bit of a slap in the face to Declan IMO
  • Every West Ham defender would have known what Lingard was going to do with that ball and would have tried to stop him cutting in but Zouma probably wouldn’t have but he had far too much room to start with.
  • Think Moyes had a shocker - Vlasic spent most of the game trying to play LWB which he was rubbish at. Defending a point was the priority and Moyes kept sending on attackers meaning Bowen had to play RWB with Fornals going back where he belonged , Yarmo was a waste of a shirt and the penalty decision = so gutted but the best team won
  • We’ve missed our last 4 pens haven’t we? Lingard, Rice, Antonio, Noble.

I don't get why we don't give it to our set play takers. Cresswell or Bowen? Just pick a player & stick to it. Shambles.
  • If I was Rice and was having thoughts of moving, taking the penalty away from him and giving it to a cold Noble, that would settle it for me. Bad decision
  • edited September 2021
    Game over:
    ref Atkinson certainly didn’t cover himself in glory today…
    For such an experienced ref he missed a few today…
    Sorry Alderz, your time is up!!!!
    And on a positive, apart from
    Lingard goal where he should have done more, Zouma was excellent
  • Hate Man u ,Hate Lingard,Hate Ronaldo,.........Hate Spurs pretty much hate everything at the moment
  • Also feel Fab needs to be replaced now.

Just too many goals going in that I feel are sloppy. He commands his box & we don’t go 2-1 down. Spills the first goal.
  • Gutted with the outcome.
    there is thin margin between hero ad zero. If Noble had scored Moyes' substitution would have been hailed as a masterclass in substitution. It didn't work. So many are castigating him. Noble is the past , we need t move on Surely, out of the the other on-field players someone can take penalties.

We don't look like scoring from any free-kicks or corners. Today, we were up against a class team and struggled It shows that gap that we still need bridge. We didn't have anyone on the bench who could change the game or offer anything different. Yarmalenko did little. I expect the result to be the same on Wednesday. Let us hope our fortunes change next Saturday.
  • edited September 2021
    Yarmo
    Rice
    Cresswell
    Bowen
    Fornals
    Lanzini

Surely any of those could have scored that penalty
  • edited September 2021

Probably a fair result and now we have nobody at the club who can take penalties.

Vlasic is very good at it. Was the designated penalty taker in every club he played for and in the national Croatian team.
  • Probably a fair result and now we have nobody at the club who can take penalties.

Vlasic is very good at it. Was the designated penalty taker in every club he played for and in the national Croatian team.
    But sadly had been subbed after a difficult game and offered…. A bit…
  • If I was Rice and was having thoughts of moving, taking the penalty away from him and giving it to a cold Noble, that would settle it for me. Bad decision

Well he should've scored his penalty penalty, no?

Our penalties have been awful om not surprised moyes thought Noble was the best bet