Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• He was born in Kingston upon Thames so buying a house in that area is no real surprise.
  • Rice signed his current contract on 28 December 2018, it expires 30 June 2024

Perfectly understandable that Rice would buy a place in South West London, his parents still live in Kingston and he's been with his girlfriend since they met at school - which actually wasn't that long ago.
  • Is there not an option on the contract?
  • Lingard on the bench for Man Utd today, the games continue .............
  • "West Ham United is delighted to announce that Declan Rice has signed a new long-term contract until summer 2024, with a further one year option for the Club to extend."

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/december/28-december/west-ham-united-sign-declan-rice-new-long-term-contract

Option included from the OS when he signed it
  • Lingard on the bench for Man Utd today, the games continue .............

And he's getting the last 5 minutes.
  • edited August 2021
    That extension means we can keep him this season and next and then sell him with two years still left to ensure a high price. I suspect we will sell him next summer unless we have a really good season. Were I him I would sign an extension to get the wage he deserves guaranteed within the new contract, knowing he is always for sale to a club like Chelsea or City if they really wanted him. I think he would have gone this summer if they offered the 100m. If he doesn't sign a new contract he is simply withholding, maybe as much as 70-100k per week every week, just to ensure the next buying club get a better price.

He could sign a new contract with a gentlemen's agreement that he can go when he wants - what could go wrong?
  • The thing with a gentlemen's agreement is that you need some gentlemen to take part in it. Not too many of those around in football I'm afraid.
  • Nico Schira has again stated that personal terms with Zouma have been agreed (five year deal) and West Ham are confident of sealing the deal.

If true, the fee is the only sticking point.
  • Or the agents fees?
  • Nico Schira has again stated that personal terms with Zouma have been agreed (five year deal) and West Ham are confident of sealing the deal.

David Ornstein (The Athletic) says that West Ham & Chelsea have agreed a €30m fee for Zouma, but personal terms are the issue. 🤔
  • Lukerz said:

Nico Schira has again stated that personal terms with Zouma have been agreed (five year deal) and West Ham are confident of sealing the deal.

David Ornstein (The Athletic) says that West Ham & Chelsea have agreed a €30m fee for Zouma, but personal terms are the issue. 🤔
    So according to Nico Ornstein the deal's done.

#welcomezouma
  • Ex says its not, both fees and wages both not agreed yet

But Moyes is apprantly confident we will get a CB

Apprantly we are looking into the French market for a striker as clubs are really skint so there is value there, nothing is close though
  • Apprantly we are looking into the French market for a striker as clubs are really skint so there is value there, nothing is close though

So not looking for anyone in particular, just anyone that's remotely acceptable to Moyes that Sullivan can get a 'deal' for.

Professional strategy, that.
  • Apprantly we are looking into the French market for a striker as clubs are really skint so there is value there, nothing is close though

So not looking for anyone in particular, just anyone that's remotely acceptable to Moyes that Sullivan can get a 'deal' for.

• edited August 2021

Apprantly we are looking into the French market for a striker as clubs are really skint so there is value there, nothing is close though

Surely that is not the strategy.

Surely the club have not just decided to browse a different catalogue in the last couple of days, with less than two weeks left of the window.

I can’t believe that. We must have a list of players & be working our way through it.
  • https://theathletic.com/news/chelsea-west-ham-reach-agreement-for-zouma-but-move-held-up-by-personal-terms/cGShZEDEE8qG

Article on West Ham & Chelsea agreeing £25.8m deal for Zouma, but personal terms still a problem.
  • Lukerz said:

Surely the club have not just decided to browse a different catalogue in the last couple of days, with less than two weeks left of the window.

I can’t believe that. We must have a list of players & be working our way through it.

Perhaps we've gone through the first catalogue and are now on the 'French Edition,'

😂
  • Lukerz said:

You'd hope not.

But Ex's update certainly reads that way. If Mohamed Bayo and Gaetan Laborde were on Moyes' list at the start of the summer, I would imagine they were quite some way below Abraham and Ings.

Ex has long stated that our transfer 'strategy' is based on who represents the best deal for Sullivan above anything else. So the fact that we're a week away from transfer deadline day and, apparently, only looking at the desperate French market now, could lend weight to that theory.
  • I'm telling you, Sully's buying late to save money, so he doesn't have to fork out paying players in July. 😉
  • Preston, He has also watched Daniel Levy do that at Tottenham.
  • Just found out that Kurt Zouma's middle name is "Happy", and now I want us to sign him even more.
  • 2 years at West Ham and he'll be filling out a deed poll document.
  • IF we make him our highest wage earner he will certainly be "Happy"! Which IMHO we shouldn't be doing due to the unrest it could create in our squad being it seems so well knit.
  • ESPN report West Ham made an enquiry for Lingard last week & it was turned down by Manchester United.
  • 👍 We best try and get Bamba from Lille then.
  • I don't know how you turn an enquiry down, presumably it contained an offer which was too low?
  • I don't know how you turn an enquiry down, presumably it contained an offer which was too low?

On Football Manager, which is obviously always completely accurate, an enquiry is a simple "how much would you want?" and if it's rejected that translates to "we aren't selling, go away".
  • edited August 2021
    Ex says West Ham have held preliminary talks with Jonathan Bamba of Lille. Looks like he could be available for around £25m.
This discussion has been closed.