Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• I will be annoyed but not surprised if we get no one else. It fits GSB post Pelle, not delivering and reducing the squad numbers/ wage bill. I will hopefully be proved wrong, Moyes has impressed and I want him to have the tools to do the job, at whatever position he deems best.
  • I’m no fan of GSB either, but I’m also not convinced they are totally to blame for the current situation. Seems like Moyes knows his budget and also knows who he wants (or doesn’t want), and it may be taking time to get them. I would think he would have agreed this budget before signing his contract - I’m not sure there is much sign of him NOT being supported, only speculation.
    Trust in Moyes!
    Really hope we make a couple of signings in the next ten days, but if it doesn’t happen, we may find out who was to blame then.
  • I see the Loan Ranger on the horizon...

• Kuchinghammer, He can play CH & Tonto can cover for Antonio.
  • I see Nat Phillips is available for £15m. I don’t think he’s wildly different to what we have, but he’s a lot younger than Dawson and Ogbonna and I think he’d be very reliable as a back up / challenger to Dawson if we can’t find another CB.
  • alderz said:

I see Nat Phillips is available for £15m. I don’t think he’s wildly different to what we have, but he’s a lot younger than Dawson and Ogbonna and I think he’d be very reliable as a back up / challenger to Dawson if we can’t find another CB.

No point spending that sort of money for a back up to Dawson imo, we need someone better who will be a starting CB.
  • Rumours of a £13 million paid deal for Moriba to Leipzig from Barcelona. This is the type of transfer we should really be interested in.
  • Perhaps we should have tried harder to keep Balbuena. IMO he was better than Dawson, is younger, and was good last year before his injury lost him his place. He never let us down and was arguably a better partner for Ogbonna.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, so we'll see who Moyes who he has up his sleeve?
  • I liked Balbuena, but he seemed a confidence player. I think the last time he played he was red carded for kicking the football. That's got to knock anyone's confidence.
  • I liked Balbuena, but he seemed a confidence player. I think the last time he played he was red carded for kicking the football. That's got to knock anyone's confidence.

........ and he suffered from Dawson's purple patch last year. We didn't then though!
  • alderz said:

I see Nat Phillips is available for £15m. I don’t think he’s wildly different to what we have, but he’s a lot younger than Dawson and Ogbonna and I think he’d be very reliable as a back up / challenger to Dawson if we can’t find another CB.

No point spending that sort of money for a back up to Dawson imo, we need someone better who will be a starting CB.
    IMO he would prove to be better, but yeah I know what you mean
  • Rumours of a £13 million paid deal for Moriba to Leipzig from Barcelona. This is the type of transfer we should really be interested in.

Isn’t he leaving because he’s refused to sign a new contract without an enormous pay rise, and demanded to be a guaranteed starter? If so, I can see why we’re not in for him.
  • Why is it people are always looking for reasons why we shouldn’t buy players! 😁
  • Why is it people are always looking for reasons why we shouldn’t buy players! 😁

Why is it people just want us to sign any and every player that moves this window! =)
  • WHU, Because there are players & there is Moriba! 👍
  • I’ve never heard of Moriba.
  • Isn't that a small island in the Caribbean?
  • I’ve never heard of Moriba.

Neither had I so I just googled him

18 year old CM, rejected a contract at Barca because (apparantly) is after €100k a week....

That's just a rumour....but if that's true that's disgusting

€100k...for a teenager....every week...Games gone (again if true)!!!
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9914573/Declan-Rice-unhappy-West-Hams-100MILLION-valuation-priced-Chelsea-Man-Utd-move.html

Something to debate or is it old news. Nothing reported which isn't obvious especially the lack of transfers.

Tottenham linked with both Moriba & Pape Matar Sarr from Metz. Both highly rated young players both probably not to David Moyes liking apart from being ones who would fit the Red Bull project. IF you want quality you have to pay for it but of course we can't afford to do that which is extremely frustrating until we find a solution to that problem.
  • When does Rice's contract end?
  • 2024 I think, with an option for a further year.
  • Or January 2022 if we sign nobody.
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9914573/Declan-Rice-unhappy-West-Hams-100MILLION-valuation-priced-Chelsea-Man-Utd-move.html

Something to debate or is it old news. Nothing reported which isn't obvious especially the lack of transfers.

Tottenham linked with both Moriba & Pape Matar Sarr from Metz. Both highly rated young players both probably not to David Moyes liking apart from being ones who would fit the Red Bull project. IF you want quality you have to pay for it but of course we can't afford to do that which is extremely frustrating until we find a solution to that problem.

It’s Matt Law, who all summer has been pushing to fuel stories about Declan Rice leaving for a bigger club.

There is no doubt some truth in it but you only have to watch Declan’s enthusiasm in our win over Newcastle to see his heart is still with us regardless.
  • He appears a decent person who loves his football so I think he will give his all whilst with us. I also think his natural game contains such enthusiasm that it would be very apparent if he was deliberately giving only 80% and I think he has such a good relationship with Noble that he would struggle look his friend in the eye when leaving the pitch if he was not giving us his all.
  • It is time Declan was made captain with a sensible pay rise to go with it
  • He's apparently refused a more than sensible pay rise.
  • If his contract is up to 2024 or 2025, then he is not going to be stating that he will let it run down to force a move as mentioned in the article.
  • Exciting news from C&H...
    West Ham’s alternative signing to Jesse Lingard may have been named Lille’s exciting playmaker Jonathon Bamba.
    According to French journalist Fabrice Hawkins per Hammers News, the Hammers are one of three clubs involved in the attempts to sign him – the Hammers believe they have around a 35 per cent chance of getting him?.
    Cutting edge journalism, or GCSE maths? 🤦‍♂️
  • The thing is, the club will want to get money for him, so he knows, realistically, we can’t let it get to the last 18 months of his deal. So if he does not extend, he knows we will have to consider a sale by the summer of 2023, making him 24. Still a 10 year career left in him.

I don’t personally think this ‘refusal to sign extension’ is any more than him seeing his long term future elsewhere. Which is fine. We all know he won’t do a ‘Noble’.

However, whilst he is here, he needs to carry on showing the same passion for the club as he did on Sunday so that he leaves here on good terms. He & his camp will know he has a maximum of two more seasons here if he does not extend his deal.

That’s fine for all parties. We benefit from him for another season or so (his international standing is in no way impacted by being at West Ham anyway), he experiences European football, he continues to perform etc. If he was 27 it would be a different story with 3/4 years left as he would feel time is short, but not at 22.

We all know he’ll end up at Chelsea. He will be the Kante successor. Pretty sure he’s bought a house over in an area where loads of Chelsea players live.

Not got a bad word to say about Dec (other than the boring bromance with Mount) & even if he is frustrated, they will all know time is on his side.
This discussion has been closed.