Mount

Sancho
    Kane
    Rashford
  • edited June 2021
    This is mine via the BBC Sport thingy:

Look at Declan's happy face.
  • edited June 2021
    I wouldn't start Rashford. I'm not sure I rate him at all. Surely Fodens form is better than his?
  • edited June 2021
    Agreed fodens form better 👍🏻
    Went for Rashford for work rate and more goal scoring potential
    But tbf I would be happy with foden or grealish if fully fit playing there
  • Rice can comfortably play as a third CB if the game needed him to, with all of the 38 fullbacks that Southgate has chosen capable of playing as wingbacks, so there's flexibility within the squad.

But CM would be the big worry. Henderson won't be match fit when the tournament starts, I really don't think Phillips is international standard and Bellingham is obviously untested at senior level (although he fared very well in the Bundesliga by all accounts). An injury to Rice and we could be really struggling to dominate that area.
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm sure I read that Maguire hasn't actually joined up with the squad. He's still in MCR having treatment for his injury.

He was on the bench in the Euro final recently. Read also he was touch n go for first game. That makes me think he might as well be eased in after a couple of games if proper level of fitness gained
  • I believe James (at the end of the season) played on the right of a Chelsea back three a couple of times with Azpilicueta as RWB (which I found strange) So he's played there as much as Walker ;)

Grealish, Foden, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Bellingham Mount, Rice to fit into X amount of places is a nice issue to have. Southgate commented recently that TAA potentially could play in Midfield too... (just saying)
  • Didn’t realise there was a game tonight
    Austria 8pm
  • That’s the one Lingard is starting apparently.
  • edited June 2021
    Strange how ones mind works. I saw the word Austria, brain said ahhh Vienna (Ultravox) then Austria Hungary from a historical perspective and then in a split second landed on Trevor Brookings goal vs Hungary that stuck in the upright. A total proud boy moment for me at 16 :)

• My Euro Fantasy Team
  • you've acquired a dangerous Florenzi in the team (close enough;) )
  • At first glance I thought that was a joke name team when I saw that the keeper was called Dunnarunna - then I put my glasses on. =)
  • That UEFA fantasy football looks pretty decent tbf and similar to FPL.

Anyone up for a mini league....
  • Lingard starts in tonight's friendly even though he's not in the Euro squad. I thought friendly matches prior to a tournament we're to let you tinker with your squad. What happens if Lingard bangs a couple in?
  • stupid to start someone you are not taking to a tournament.
  • It's beyond all logic and reason.
  • Grealish bringing his Villa 'form' to international competition
  • Tbh, it's an unusual situation as none of the players from the European club finals are being played tonight.

Lingard sold Grealish a bit short and the latter got clattered; could be his route to the Euros 😁😁😁
  • edited June 2021
    I still dont think that Gareth needs to play players though that he is not taking to the tournament. There is still plenty there without the Man City and Chelsea boys that Gareth can look to that will be at the tournament.
  • I was delighted to see Schlager get a yellow card for having his hair in a man bun. I look forward too seeing more of that kind of thing once the Euros start.
  • I still dont think that Gareth needs to play players though that he is not taking to the tournament. There is still plenty there without the Man City and Chelsea boys that Gareth can look to that will be at the tournament.

Man Utd players rested as well. I do get what you're saying, but, as I say, unusual circumstances; domestic season ran long, and 3 clubs in European club finals within a week of these friendlies starting.
  • You’d think you would try out the players you would have to use when you’re actually in the tournament and don’t have whoever Lingard is filling in for? Unless there’s a really high chance he’s going to be called up
  • You’d think you would try out the players you would have to use when you’re actually in the tournament and don’t have whoever Lingard is filling in for? Unless there’s a really high chance he’s going to be called up

Foden, Sterling, Rashford, and, to a lesser extent, Mount could all be argued Lingard is filling in for, so you can see why Southgate has used Lingard this evening.
  • Lingard and Rice both taken off.
  • To be fair now looking at the BBC page, a bunch of the dropped players are getting time so maybe it’s just courtesy.
  • edited June 2021
    We all know this is nowhere near the main eleven but my word, what a boring game so far
  • edited June 2021
    TAA injured with no-one near him; looks like a muscle injury and could easily put him out of the Euros. One of the 6 could easily be getting called up.