Euro 2020 (2021)

1235»

Comments

• Nice article on Rice, ahead of the Euros

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/england/57356721
  • Looks like Southgate has picked the B team for today. Shocking decision, should be playing his starting 11. Not even a right back starting.
  • Who would do that?
  • Looks like Southgate has picked the B team for today. Shocking decision, should be playing his starting 11. Not even a right back starting.

Maybe he doesn't have enough of them in his squad...
  • edited June 2021
    I must admit, after our fantastic season I'm finding it hard to be enthusiastic about the Euro's. I'm sure I will when it starts but at the moment I feel kind of ho-hum
  • yoyo worried about our players getting injured
  • Am I alone in thinking Rashford is incredibly overrated.
  • That was poor, but nobody ran with him.
  • Rashford is certainly off form. I don't think I've seen Sancho do anything special in an England shirt either?
  • Well the pen went in, but....
  • edited June 2021
    Grealish >:)
    If I was the ref, I wouldn't give that.
  • Commentators trying their hardest not to say Grealish dived
  • It was a foul.
  • Oh Jordan Henderson. That was very poor.
  • Superb play Grealish imo. I think we're lucky to have him.
  • I understand why people don’t like him, but I love watching Grealish play
  • If Grealish had gone down like that against us we'd call it a dive

Actually I think Grealish has gone down like that against us and we called it a dive

An incredibly talented player who falls over rather easily, a bit like Zaha without the petulant tantrums when he doesn't get his way)

The second penalty was obviously a foul but Jordan Henderson (shakes head)
  • If Grealish had gone down like that against us we'd call it a dive

Absolutely. But it would still be a foul. 😄
  • When a ball is kicked at a defender's hand at point blank range, I think we can all agree it isn't a penalty because there's nothing a defender can do.

For me, when a defender is chasing a forward and the forward sticks his leg out to make sure he's tripped, it's the same situation.

The defender cannot possibly help it. The only way to avoid it is to let the forward be too far ahead to trip, which is stupid.

So I don't think it should be a penalty. And I think it's cheating.
  • Crikey. Ben White is replacing TAA in the squad.

Maguire, Stones, Coady, Mings, Walker already in as CB options. Did we need a sixth? Can only assume there are significant doubts over Maguire's fitness.
  • The discussion about anti-racist symbols and gestures is gaining traction so I've moved it to a separate thread.

https://www.whu606.com/discussion/11410/discussion-of-taking-the-knee-and-related-ideas
  • I think Fornals has been called up to the Spain squad