West Brom Away

Comments

• In what is a must win game I would be disappointed to see Fornals in the team, as he offers us so little going forward, especially last match. (In time he could become a reasonable holding midfielder but defenders are more scared of Bowen or Benrahma.)
    Can we please get back to our recent tradition of scoring 3 goals. 1-3 COYI

Fabianski
    Coufal Dawson Ogbonna Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Lingard Benrahma
    Antonio
  • In what is a must win game I would be disappointed to see Fornals in the team, as he offers us so little going forward, especially last match. (In time he could become a reasonable holding midfielder but defenders are more scared of Bowen or Benrahma.)
    Can we please get back to our recent tradition of scoring 3 goals. 1-3 COYI

Fabianski
    Coufal Dawson Ogbonna Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Lingard Benrahma
    Antonio

I don't think I can disagree with this more if I tried. Fornals was my MOTM. He is an all over the pitch player with a work ethic second to none. Granted his shooting needs to improve but we would have gaps all over the pitch if he wasn't playing.
  • It’s an audition for Sam Johnstone as we have been linked with him for next season in the press. 😬

I’d be quite happy with him failing the audition
  • It’s an audition for Sam Johnstone as we have been linked with him for next season in the press. 😬

Alternatively, he knows that if we don't get European football we probably can't afford to buy him...
  • Nervous for this one now. I felt ok after Everton lost the other night and realised we only had to win one of our two games to finish in a European place.

Now that Leeds have won and could potentially finish above us, I'm all twitchy again.
  • Nah, we'll smash them so good that the FA will deduct Leeds points just for daring to challenge us.
  • IronHerb, I agree Fornals is a high-energy player and covers every blade of grass but as one of the front 4 he should be doing much more - taking players on, making key passes/assists and scoring. Of course Benrahama has taken an age to finally score but I just feel he poses more of a direct threat and is more capable of unlocking tight defences than Fornals. If we are needing a point I would play him, but given we need 3 Benrahma is more suitable, as he is more dangerous in the final third which is our priority today.
  • Puddle, I’d play them both and drop Antonio. There, I’ve said it.

I see this rumour is gathering pace on social media today.

I also see that his agent is Will Salthouse, which will have absolutely nothing to do with any interest we may have in him. Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. Nowt.

(if we sign him it's because he's a Salthouse client)
  • IronHerb said:

Puddle, I’d play them both and drop Antonio. There, I’ve said it.

Ah, I see what you are doing here...

I’m off to put a tenner on an Antonio hat trick
  • Benrahma in for Bowen as only change.
  • Fabianski; Coufal Dawson Ogbonna Cresswell; Rice Soucek; Benrahma Lingard Fornals; Antonio

:+1:
  • this is the most nervous I have been before a game in ages
  • Win tonight and a draw on Sunday would give us 6th
  • Everton have just gone above us, is that right?
  • MrsGrey said:

Everton have just gone above us, is that right?

No
  • No, they’re level points and 6 goals worse off. 3 points pretty much gives us 7th and 4 points guarantees 6th.
  • No, below on goal difference. Their last match is away to Man City. Spurs have lost, so 6th is very possible.
  • 4 points from West Brom and Southampton guarantees Europa League.

Anyone else feeling sick?
  • MrsGrey said:

Everton have just gone above us, is that right?

We have a +6 goal difference. They have Man City next. Hopefully those two things alone will keep us above them.
  • Fab injured in the warm-up.
  • Randolph in and Trott on bench.
  • Ta for clarification re Everton.

Not ta for news about Fab.

But time for Dazzer to be a hero. COYI
  • I think Randolph is a good enough understudy
  • Oh Dear. Fabianski injured in warm-up. So Randolph is in goal.
  • Comms just said WBA has been promoted and relegated since fans were last in the stadium! :o
  • Penalty Hammers!
  • what is it with our luck
  • Penalty!!!!!
  • Deccers... misses