West Brom Away

Comments

• I’m amazed Lingard didn’t take it
  • Not a good omen for tonight.
  • double jeopardy in action and we hit the post, really west ham stop doing this to us
  • edited May 2021
    I love him, but he shouldn't be on pens. Really, just no.
  • What a chance to settle the nerves. Hopefully it's come early enough to not affect things too much.

• Does anyone believe he's best on pens in training. I don't. Do not know what the thinking is. Trying to have a 'captain penalty taker' thing?
  • Not sure who it should be. Lingard had his saved but scored the rebound. We don’t get many but need someone who you can normally rely on. Maybe Antonio as penalties are from inside the area.
  • MrsGrey said:

Does anyone believe he's best on pens in training. I don't. Do not know what the thinking is. Trying to have a 'captain penalty taker' thing?

I'm sure I've read a few times that he's one of the cleanest strikers of the ball at the club. But the one he scored was a bit scuffed and tonight's obviously wasn't great.

Soucek had a good record from the spot with Slavia. Surprised he's not got the job.
  • He must be the best in training. There's no other acceptable reason for him to be the penalty taker.
  • A goal that early would have really hit them hard and put the dampers on the crowd.
  • He must be the best in training. There's no other acceptable reason for him to be the penalty taker.

I don't know. I would be interested. I mean, Nobes says he never practices pens, but he gets to take them when he's on the pitch. So why was he the designated guy before?
  • All a bit scrappy at the moment.
  • I need a sofa to hide behind watching on my PC
  • I was alright at the start. Now I'm all of a dither.
  • Antonio doing some good work at left back.

Not really where we want him, but you know.

• That was a head injury - Cresswell took the full force of an arm. Surprised he hasn't got whiplash the way his head rocked.
  • Cresswell gets an elbow to the side of the head. Alan Smith: “nothing wrong with that challenge”
  • Our corners have been dreadful so far.
  • Nice play there.
  • Thinking of penalty takers wonder how cresswell would be ?
  • Be nice if we could string a couple of passes together.
  • BFS has done his homework on us
  • edited May 2021
    We're getting a lot of the ball in their half but not doing much with it. Which sums up of last five games or so.

That penalty miss is looking big right now.
  • Dawson going back to Watford form, can see why Moyes wants another Centre Half in. He is going to get caught out again from a long ball over the top.
  • Lingard has gone off the boil , now score
  • Oh for God's sake
  • edited May 2021
    That penalty miss is getting bigger and bigger now. Is that yet another own goal.
  • for gods sake Randolph you muppet
  • Throwing it down the drain
  • New keeper needed in summer. Randolph is rubbish and Fab gets injured once a month.