West Brom Away

167891012»

Comments

• I was there too and I remember there was a lot of talk in the press the next day about a female German photographer behind the goal who was dressed all in pink because people watching at home would only have seen it in black and white.
  • I only remember it in black and white.
  • IronHerb said:

I only remember it in black and white.

You know watching us it’s never black and white 😂
  • edited May 2021
    I'm not absolutely certain about this, but wasn't that the last time a team of 11 English players and an English manager won a European trophy?

Aslef, Alderz, over to you. =)
  • I must say I quite like Sam at present and think he has spoke very well these last couple of days about his resignation and attempts at keeping West Brom up. I noticed him make sure he had words with the players he knew from his time with us, seemed to speak for a while to Cresswell who seemed full of respect for him.

I also think what he said was true in that he did a good job with West Brom, had he been able to have them where he has them now when he took them over I think he would have easily kept them up. I just think it took him too long to get them playing how he wanted this time and the teams he was hoping pull into a relegation scrap managed to put enough results together to pull away.
  • And to be fair thought they played some good football as well
  • I would have respected Big Sam more if he had stayed and tried to get them back up.
  • edited May 2021
    He wants six months off before getting the call in November to save a team who are struggling. Unfortunately for him he will have to reduce his wage demands now that the 'never relegated' tag has gone.
  • I thought Sam was a bit ridiculous in the way he went after Antonio after the match.

Antonio said 'balls into the channel' rather than long-ball - the usual Sam jibe - and Sam completely dug him out.

And Antonio did actually call WBA 'free-flowing' before he said that.