Matches this week 30 April.

Comments

• Definitely need Chelsea out, cheering for Madrid this evening.

Imagine us winning all our matches and claiming 4th only to be denied by a Chelsea win in the final.
  • Man U being made to play Leicester on 11 May and Liverpool on 13th.
  • in 2 minds want Chelsea out ,But on the other hand would like there minds on the final .Having said that if they make the final then there players might push hard in the prem games to make the team for the final ,In other words i dont know what i want =)
  • I want Chelsea out. It’s just a shame that Kante plays for them because I really like him and it would be nice for him to get a CL
  • Full English for me.
  • Imagine us winning all our matches and claiming 4th only to be denied by a Chelsea win in the final.

Right, and I'm perfectly prepared to be wrong about this, I think that just Chelsea winning the Champions League and finishing outside the top four is an extra Champions League place, that replaces a Europa League one. Hence no effect on top four CL qualification.

The danger is an Arsenal win. There is a maximum of five Champion League spots, so fourth place could lose it if Chelsea and Arsenal win, and Chelsea finish outside the top four. There is also a maximum of seven European qualifiers I believe, so the fifth Champion League spot would remove a Europa League qualifying spot from the League (assuming they're all in the league, which it looks like they are after the cup results.)

I think.

I'm purposefully ignoring the fact that the League Cup spot is in fact a European Conference League qualification spot next week, as nowhere I have read has even hinted at which Europa League et al spot you lose to an extra Champions League spot!

• Chelsea win for me
  • Madrid for me after thinking about it long and hard ,
  • Whatever's best for West Ham. If Chelsea winning the CL negatively affects our chance of getting European football, the I'm Real all the way.
  • IronHerb said:

Explains it all.

I think the Champions League stuff is clear, but after that ... I'll just say that the BBC and the Premier League directly contradict each other!

We need Arsenal to go out, if only to simplify the permutations.
  • IronHerb said:

Full English for me.

Will you be having brown or white toast sir 🍞
  • White of course. 😂
  • Man city win please.
  • If needs be purely for our benefit a Manchester double.
  • City to win Champions league and Utd the Europa. I think that's also how it will pan out
  • Two of the worst CL semis performances I’ve seen from PSG and Real Madrid.
  • Thought I got it. Confused again🙄
  • Two of the worst CL semis performances I’ve seen from PSG and Real Madrid.

But they aren’t that good.
  • He's a great player and seems like a really nice lad. But there is something about Mount that really bugs me.
  • edited May 2021
    Not sure what you’re saying IH. I meant for CL semis you’d expect much more effort and ideas no matter who was playing. Neither PSG or Real have shown any positive intent to win the matches. It’s been so easy for City and Chelsea. Based upon what I’ve seen CL next year if we get into it will be a doddle 😬
  • edited May 2021
    Basically if we finish top 6 we’re gonna be in at least the Europa Conference. Plus come on Villarreal.
  • Yes. Arsenal must not win the Europa League.
  • Don’t care. Just want Leeds to lose. Badly if possible. Even if they are not in the competition or playing.
  • Hamstew said:

He's a great player and seems like a really nice lad. But there is something about Mount that really bugs me.

He plays for Chelsea 😐
  • That'll be it. 😂
  • That's it
  • Man City winning the CL and Man Utd winning the EL is the best outcome for our chances of European football. If I understand it correctly, it would mean 5th and 6th get EL and 7th gets EC.

Chelsea and Arsenal winning will in all likelihood mean 4th won't get CL and 7th won't get Europe at all.
  • MrsGrey said:

Well, that's another shocking red card decision, imo .

It was overturned on appeal.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12297589/jannik-vestergaard-southampton-defenders-red-card-shown-in-leicester-draw-overturned-following-appeal

Some poor decisions being made and VAR not helping.

• MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey said:

Well, that's another shocking red card decision, imo .

It was overturned on appeal.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12297589/jannik-vestergaard-southampton-defenders-red-card-shown-in-leicester-draw-overturned-following-appeal

Some poor decisions being made and VAR not helping.

A ref looking at a decision in slow motion and making a mistake, and then getting a second ref to look in slow motion and also make the same mistake, just really highlights the incompetence of the people making the decisions, IMO.

I don’t love VAR, but I love the concept. It is meant to create fairness and remove errors, but if they can’t do that with the people using the system it may as well go in the bin