Matches this week 30 April.

Comments

• Would G.Neville ( Mr Man Utd ) have been so vocal if it was at Anfield....Not sure myself....Thankfully I see very little of him as a pundit etc in S.A....overrated pundit deluxe IMO.....
  • Well you couldn't say ir would be unfair on the supporters. 😉
  • Back in the day we had to play behind closed doors ,When was that in the 70s i think .Then make Man u play behind closed doors .Oh ya sorry we are all doing that =)
  • steve said:

Back in the day we had to play behind closed doors ,When was that in the 70s i think .Then make Man u play behind closed doors .Oh ya sorry we are all doing that =)

They should make them play all their remaining home games in front of Man City supporters
  • I think Utd should be docked 10 points on the simple reasoning of I said so. I also think Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool should also suffer the same fate to be on the safe side.
  • I like Neville as a pundit. I think he’s just about the best one around, tbh.
  • Anyone is better then Karen carvey
  • steve said:

Anyone is better then Karen carvey

It’s Karen Carney, and I think there are a lot that are a lot worse than her. Glenn Hoddle, Chris Sutton, Robbie Savage, Mark Lawrenson, Garth Crooks, Graeme Souness, are all much worse, IMO
  • Sorry alderz but in my humble view ,she is the worse i have every heard ,this weekend i even muted her for one game and took the dog for a walk in another one .Have never done that to any of the others .She just gets on my nerves ,But of course each to there own
  • MrsGrey said:

So penalise the home club for security breaches (were we penalised for the pitch invasion at the Burnely game a few seasons back?) but imo a points deduction would be extremely unfair.

We were fined £100k by the FA for the Burnley pitch invasion, no point deducted.

The obvious difference is that the Burnley game was played the full 90 minutes so Man U can expect a huge fine for this. The worst outcome for us would be if they awarded Liverpool a win or declared it a draw but a 10 points deduction would still leave Man U above us so not sure why anyone would want that.

Rearranging the fixture is going to be a bit tricky, Man U have a midweek match every week between now and the end of the season although the Premier League seem to think they can manage it.

Maybe shift Man U v Leicester from Wednesday 12th to Tuesday 11th (Leicester play Friday 7th and Saturday 15rh) and play Liverpool Thursday 13th (Liverpool don't have anything midweek, next match Sunday 16th).

Adrian Chiles is the worst presenter ever to be associated with televised football bar none.
  • edited May 2021
    Thanks for looking up the Burnley fine.
    Yes, our match was played. A difference though is that the protest happened in the stadium and during a game. With Man U, the fans were outside. ( I know some of them stormed / broke into the stadium later, but will the PL or FA hold the club accountable in the same way for what some people did in a public area?)
  • I suspect that is a question for the lawyers (who will get very rich arguing with the finer points of the law, etc.) and the answer might take a while, the FA took 10 months before they decided to fine us for the Burnley match.
  • Robbie savage robbed a living as a footballer and his doing the same as a pundit average at best imo
  • Its very moist at WBA is Burnley underwater?
  • Snow on the pitch in Manchester tonight and no orange ball.

Gutted.
  • Foden is an absolute quality baller honestly. Foden / Grealish / Sancho looks so tasty for a front 3 for England.
  • The Man City love in on BBC (not just there) confirms to me that there won’t be any punishment for the super clubs. I’m not surprised but I am frustrated that football has moved on so quickly.
  • im calling it now

Its Coming Home
  • edited May 2021
    alderz said:

The Man City love in on BBC (not just there) confirms to me that there won’t be any punishment for the super clubs. I’m not surprised but I am frustrated that football has moved on so quickly.

The hypocrisy knows no bounds! The final of UEFAs premier club completion will now be between two of “the twelve”, but the super league has been forgotten - except when your a Man Utd fan. Then a protest is OK.

Perhaps someone needs to refuse to play one of the big six and see what happens.

As Alderz says, UEFA, FA, Premier League, etc will not punish any of the big clubs.
  • alderz said:

The Man City love in on BBC (not just there) confirms to me that there won’t be any punishment for the super clubs. I’m not surprised but I am frustrated that football has moved on so quickly.

Makes me wonder whether it was all deliberate. A cynical tactic to distract from UEFA allowing 'elite' teams into the new CL format without qualifying. Bury the bad news under even worse news.

Maybe the authorities are still wading through the legal ramifications of points deductions or European bans, but I suspect it's more a case of them already knowing what the financial ramifications of those measures are and sweeping the whole sorry mess under the carpet.
  • ESL was all about the owners, not the players was it not? City deserve the praise they get because they are probably the best team in Europe, hence the world.
  • alderz said:

Makes me wonder whether it was all deliberate. A cynical tactic to distract from UEFA allowing 'elite' teams into the new CL format without qualifying. Bury the bad news under even worse news.

Maybe the authorities are still wading through the legal ramifications of points deductions or European bans, but I suspect it's more a case of them already knowing what the financial ramifications of those measures are and sweeping the whole sorry mess under the carpet.
    Was Bury an unintended, but relevant pun?
  • Didn’t see the Citeh game, only Mahrez’s second

Who played the false 9, was it Sterling or was he on the left of a 3?
  • edited May 2021
    Bernardo was through the middle, with Mahrez on the right and Foden on the left.

That said, KDB was quite often the most further forward, so I think he and Bernardo were rotating.

Sterling was benched again.
  • Ah cool thanks mate
    Assumed Sterling was playing 🤦‍♂️
    Love a false 9 😂
  • It's hard to say who was the false 9 as they were rotating so much, but I woulda said Foden as much as anyone. If I had to try and pin down a formation, it would be something like

Walker Stones Diaz Zinchenko
    Bernardo Fernandinho Gundogan
    Mahrez Foden KDB

but they were very fluid, and even more so when PSG got ragged in the 2nd half.
  • Buffy 👍🏻

Next thing they will be playing Monkey Rush....
  • Did anyone see the Lique 1 game between Monaco v Lyon on Sunday?

Can't understand how Lopes the Lyon keeper wasn't sent off for punching Pellegrini in the face when trying to clear the ball which he missed. All the referee did after VAR was give him a yellow card and award a penalty, was it down to the double jeopardy rule? For those who didn't see it the match finished with five players being sent off, Lyon were already down to ten when the penalty was given, Lyon won it with a goal in the last minute of normal time 3-2.
  • "Can't understand how Lopes the Lyon keeper wasn't sent off for punching Pellegrini in the face".
    I think Sully had arranged it for Pellegrini wasting £81m on Haller and Anderson =)
  • So who do we want to win today and tomorrow? All-English finals or would we want to be on the safe side and get one of the two problematic teams (Chelsea and Arsenal) out of the running for the winners' spot?