Matches this week 30 April.

Well, that's another shocking red card decision, imo .

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Yikes. Ref struggling. Wall is about a metre in front of the sprayed line, so he just redraws it where they are standing.
  • edited April 2021
    Wow, just seen it, never a red. He clearly gets the ball, ok, he catches Vardy afterwards, but surely that's never a red.
  • Doubtful if its even a yellow imo.
  • Leicester starting to benefit from 'top' team bias?

But they still couldn't win - ha ha
  • edited May 2021
    I’m not sure it’s not a red.

I think the issue is that Vestergaard made a mistake that caused him to lunge for the ball. I don’t think he was in control, no more so than a keeper making a save but not holding the ball & it falling just in front of him.

That slight clumsy touch meant Vardy had an opportunity to nip in & then resulted in a quite reckless & desperate tackle. Whilst he clearly got the ball, he crunched Vardy’s ankle quite significantly. I think that’s very different to Balbuena, who had full control of the ball & was in the process of a normal football motion, clearing the ball. Vestergaard’s was a recovery tackle following a clumsy touch, control was then more 50-50.

I can see why the ref sent him off.
  • Not for me Lukerz. Yes he miscontrolled the ball, but that's irrelevant, IMO. He made the tackle, won the ball, and the momentum of the tackle caused the impact.

If what was effectively a ricochet is now considered a foul, and worse still a red card, then football may as well become a non-contact sport.
  • Not for me Lukerz. Yes he miscontrolled the ball, but that's irrelevant, IMO. He made the tackle, won the ball, and the momentum of the tackle caused the impact.

If what was effectively a ricochet is now considered a foul, and worse still a red card, then football may as well become a non-contact sport.

Football is a non contact sport. Any contact constitutes a foul these days, so contact is against the rules.
  • edited May 2021
    Man U beat Palace 2-0
    Brighton beat Leeds 2-0
    Chelsea beat Fulham 2-0

What are the chances Everton v Villa ends up 2-0?

Meanwhile in the semi of the German Cup (Pokal) Dortmund take on 2nd tier Holstein Kiel who knocked Bayern out in the 2nd round. The winner takes on RB Leipzig
  • Lukerz said:

I’m not sure it’s not a red.

I think the issue is that Vestergaard made a mistake that caused him to lunge for the ball. I don’t think he was in control, no more so than a keeper making a save but not holding the ball & it falling just in front of him.

That slight clumsy touch meant Vardy had an opportunity to nip in & then resulted in a quite reckless & desperate tackle. Whilst he clearly got the ball, he crunched Vardy’s ankle quite significantly. I think that’s very different to Balbuena, who had full control of the ball & was in the process of a normal football motion, clearing the ball. Vestergaard’s was a recovery tackle following a clumsy touch, control was then more 50-50.

I can see why the ref sent him off.

Not for me either, it also looked as though Vardy slightly changed direction to meet Vesties foot for the foul. He's quite good at things like that, allegedly =)
  • alderz said:

Not for me Lukerz. Yes he miscontrolled the ball, but that's irrelevant, IMO. He made the tackle, won the ball, and the momentum of the tackle caused the impact.

Football is a non contact sport. Any contact constitutes a foul these days, so contact is against the rules.
    ??? Surely it’s not. I agree the falling over for anything these days is ridiculous / cheating, but if they make it a non-contact sport we should have 10 red cards every game. I’d rather see a good hard tackle, than players falling over when an opponent breathes heavily on them!

• Leeds lost😂

Just sayin🤭
  • alderz said:

Not for me Lukerz. Yes he miscontrolled the ball, but that's irrelevant, IMO. He made the tackle, won the ball, and the momentum of the tackle caused the impact.

??? Surely it’s not. I agree the falling over for anything these days is ridiculous / cheating, but if they make it a non-contact sport we should have 10 red cards every game. I’d rather see a good hard tackle, than players falling over when an opponent breathes heavily on them!

I’d rather that too.

But if any contact in the box warrants someone getting a penalty, then contact must be against the rules. Otherwise it wouldn’t be a foul, would it?
  • And yet at corners, players are manhandled so much and rarely anything is given in favour of the attacking team.
  • Well done Villa, come on Man U and come on the Blunts - there I've said it , now I need to take a shower and wash my mouth out.
  • Well done Villa, come on Man U and come on the Blunts - there I've said it , now I need to take a shower and wash my mouth out.

Bruv, you didn't say anything about the spuds winning, so all is forgiven
  • I’m a little baffled why Scott Parker is fawned upon quite so much by the media (eg by being linked with the Spurs job). He comes across very well, says all the right things, but bottom line is he has come up short hasn’t he? And by quite some way? Maybe he just isn’t as good as many people think? It’s not as though he wasn’t well supported in terms of transfers either?

In comparison, Potter is very underrated IMO. He has done very well with his squad and they are not big spenders either.
  • I’m a little baffled why Scott Parker is fawned upon quite so much by the media (eg by being linked with the Spurs job). He comes across very well, says all the right things, but bottom line is he has come up short hasn’t he? And by quite some way? Maybe he just isn’t as good as many people think? It’s not as though he wasn’t well supported in terms of transfers either?

In comparison, Potter is very underrated IMO. He has done very well with his squad and they are not big spenders either.

Newly promoted teams are usually relegation contenders and Parker has done well with limited resources. Fulham has 27 points after 34 games (W5 D7 L17 GD-20), the last time they were in the Premier League, 2018/19, they were relegated with 26 points (W7 D5 L26 GD-47) so that's an improvement. He brought them straight back up, if he can keep the team together they've a good chance of returning in 2022-23.

Potter has also done well at Brighton but this is their 4th season in the Premier League so they've had all that lovely TV money available.
  • I think both have done good jobs.

I think Parker will bring them back up again, and I think they’ll be a lot better when they next come up.

If Brighton had a striker who hit the target even 25% of the time they’d be too half.
  • edited May 2021
    Parker and Fulham aka yo-yo 🪀 manager and club... IMO if he wasn’t British he would have got far more grief... IMO of course 👍🏻
  • The lose to the barcodes looks even worse now as they are getting turned over by an average arsenal
  • Man Utd fans at least trying to get some repercussions for their owners
  • edited May 2021
    Micah Richards on Sky just now being torn apart by Graeme Souness for talking about Grealish being good for “buying” fouls. .GS called it cheating, MR called it simulation, and tried to explain a difference 😂😂
  • So, 10 point fine for Man U for failing to fulfil a fixture anyone?
  • Breaking news:

The police, officials and Premier League have assessed the situation at Old Trafford and agreed to award Man Utd a penalty
  • IronHerb said:

So, 10 point fine for Man U for failing to fulfil a fixture anyone?

Well, the players were there. The PL called it off. No sure how you think anyone 'failed to fulfil fixture'.
  • I'm disappointed with GNev, seems to be not condemning the behaviour... but I'm only gong on press coverage of his comments so I'll have to read more to see if he's being fairly represented,
  • Well it didn't happen and the players weren't there by 4.30 by all accounts, The home club is responsible for ensuring the security but somehow 50 people got into the ground which, not counting covid, is appalling.
  • Does this postponement helps us qualify for Europe in any way?
  • I think they weren't there because the police advised them not to approach the ground until the situation was under control? They were nearby, in a hotel and the team sheet was put in on time! lol.

So penalise the home club for security breaches (were we penalised for the pitch invasion at the Burnely game a few seasons back?) but imo a points deduction would be extremely unfair.