Newcastle v West Ham Saturday April 17 @ 12:30 (on SKY )

Comments

• Not use to this glum feeling on a weekend, it's been a while!...so let's just accept we have been poor, 2 goals from poor errors and hopefully damage control in 2nd half...we move on...
  • Awful first half. No threat, poor tactics, terrible individual mistakes.

I know that we're missing a lot of key players, and whilst getting injuries can be considered unlucky, not having good enough cover is not.

Ah well, let's hope we get the bad performance out of the way and not let it affect us too much.
  • The game doesn’t suit Lingard because there’s no space for him to run at. Same for Bowen. Benrahma and Lanzini are the only two with the ability in these spaces. Dawson making that unnecessary lunge has really made it hard because it becomes difficult to bring one of those two on now.

We’ve crossed so much but have no one to cross to.
  • Ogbonna has looked good and Johnson playing well too
  • This type of result has been coming. Been chancing our arm since the Arsenal game.
  • Newcastle playing very well. Nullified us as a threat and looking as good as we have in recent weeks on the break. They have their own Lingard in Maxi and today they are doing to us what we have done to teams. This said but for two stupid mistakes we would be in the game.

Dawson is an old pro and needs to know better. That take one for the team in the first 15 minutes is always a mistake unless the guy is through we had people covering so it wasn't necessary.
  • Ogbonna has looked good and Johnson playing well too

Johnson had been ok, but we really miss Cresswell and Masuaku’s crossing ability.

Before Dawson’s mistake, the ball had been played back forth between the centre backs about five times. The lack of options for them to go forward shows, IMO, how our tactics from the get go were far too negative.
  • edited April 2021
    I am surprised Moyes has not come up with a team selection & gameplan to counteract Newcastle. He must have known this tactic was coming. We’ve been laboured on the ball, slow, heavy touches, poor passes, horrendous defending (which has been the case for a while). The side just did not work. Cresswell & Masuaku have to be present for us to play a back 3/5.

Dawson makes the error because we passed it about the back 6 for about 2 minutes, then he tried to open the play up, just a bad decision & execution.
  • We haven’t defended well for a while but our clinical play has papered over those cracks. 9 goals let in in 3.5 games.
  • This is an opportunity to show where we are at though. If someone like Chelsea or Man U were in this situation I would fully except them to get back into this game.
  • Hoping for a Newcastle red card early in 2nd half and a Noble penalty, game on....COYI
  • might take a point now =)
  • The worrying thing is that Newcastle have made us look very toothless by sitting deep. Teams with nothing to play for, and we have a few on the run-in, can sit back and nullify us.
  • The worrying thing is that Newcastle have made us look very toothless by sitting deep. Teams with nothing to play for, and we have a few on the run-in, can sit back and nullify us.

Hopefully it means the manager realises this approach won’t work against those types of teams
  • Second profile pic change of the day.
  • edited April 2021
    Need a Newcastle red card and a pen and its game on, otherwise this is going down as a shocker for Dawson / Diop / Fabianski
  • Again, plenty of the ball but no drive or cutting edge
  • Second profile pic change of the day.

So, this was your fault?
  • alderz said:

Second profile pic change of the day.

So, this was your fault?
    I knew where this was going when I saw his first pic
  • Lots of possession but no penetration where it matters.
  • Bowen just very nearly scored and the commentators didn’t even flinch?!
  • alderz said:

Second profile pic change of the day.

So, this was your fault?
    Dawson gets sent off, Diop scores an own goal, Fab drops the ball almost into the net and it's Jorderz' fault. I'm joining KUMB.
  • Dont see Ben Johnson adding anything to us ,I know he`s young and could become a good player ,but not prem standard for me
  • steve said:

Dont see Ben Johnson adding anything to us ,I know he`s young and could become a good player ,but not prem standard for me

Let’s have him play on the right side, not shifted about into a different position every game.
  • And to make things worse, as it stands, Lawro is right
  • I don’t understand why Benrahma isn’t on
  • Ah, here comes Wilson for his customary goal.
  • steve said:

Dont see Ben Johnson adding anything to us ,I know he`s young and could become a good player ,but not prem standard for me

I was just about to post similar
  • I don’t understand why Benrahma isn’t on

It makes absolutely no sense to me