The Final 8

1235»

Comments

• Drew at home to Manchester United 2-2 & beat CFC @ home and Tottenham away both 2-0.
  • Citeh make 9 changes and Chelsea 5. Difficult to see how this is going to go. Praying Citeh do it
  • For me 67 or 68 points would be outstanding.
    I think 68 could be enough for CL.
  • You just know it will end up being Man city,Man utd,Chelsea,Liverpool Top 4 ,Makes you sick really .
  • Nah, with a bit of luck we could be sick in their handbags. Just for the hell of it. 🥰
  • Wouldn’t it be great just for a change if one team other than one of the “greedy six” could finish in the top 4?
  • Not many managers have achieved that in the Premier League era.

Claudio Ranieri and some bloke called David Moyes.
  • steve said:

You just know it will end up being Man city,Man utd,Chelsea,Liverpool Top 4 ,Makes you sick really .

I don't think there's much doubt that this is what the PL, FA and UEFA would prefer. Leicester and West Ham in 3rd and 4th wouldn't be as lucrative.
  • 3 wins out of 3 and we're at least 6th. Would have seemed unbelievable at the start of the season
  • steve said:

You just know it will end up being Man city,Man utd,Chelsea,Liverpool Top 4 ,Makes you sick really .

I don't think there's much doubt that this is what the PL, FA and UEFA would prefer. Leicester and West Ham in 3rd and 4th wouldn't be as lucrative.
    I disagree. This is what all the recent fuss has been about with the ESL. I think the powers that be, or at least the English ones, would love to see us and Leicester in the CL.
  • It looks unlikely we'll get there now. I'm hoping Leicester hold off a Liverpool surge
  • Hopefully Leicester win on Tuesday & then United put their big guns out v Liverpool.
  • I think Man Utd will be thinking that until it’s over it’s not over, and they will want to win both matches this week so they can hope to chase down City.
  • IronHerb said:

steve said:

I disagree. This is what all the recent fuss has been about with the ESL. I think the powers that be, or at least the English ones, would love to see us and Leicester in the CL.
    I'm not convinced. Money will always trump sentiment for those running the game, including in this country, IMO.
  • edited May 2021
    West Ham

Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United
    West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United
    West Ham United v Southampton

Leicester City (Also in the FA Cup Final)

Manchester United v Leicester City
    Chelsea v Leicester City
    Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea (Also in the Champions League Final and FA Cup Final)

Chelsea v Arsenal
    Chelsea v Leicester City
    Aston Villa v Chelsea

Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa
    Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool

Manchester United vs Liverpool
    West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool
    Burnley v Liverpool
    Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Everton

Aston Villa v Everton
    Everton v Sheffield United
    Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Manchester City v Everton

• Man City 80
    Man Utd 70
    Chelsea 64
    Leicester 63
    West Ham 58
    Liverpool 57
    Tottenham 56
    Everton 55

Everton and Liverpool with a game in hand against Aston Villa and Man United respectively
  • 7-9 points and I think we'll be top 6. 9 we definitely would.

Top four is likely gone with Leicester only needing 5 points, and even if they do drop then Liverpool more likely to catch them than us.
  • So, after tonight's game, I honestly think it's down to 2 from 3 (based on City and Man Utd finishing 1st and 2nd). I can see Leicester dropping out again; after last season they're going to be nervous, and they've got a tough final 3 fixtures. So, for me, it's 2 from us, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Liverpool have found some form, and I can see them dropping very few points from here on in; I think they'll finish 3rd, leaving us and Chelsea fighting for 4th. This obviously places huge importance on next week's game; if we beat Newcastle tomorrow and avoid defeat against Chelsea I might start to believe, but if we lose to Chelsea I fear it may be beyond us.

I wasn't too far off in the end, made this prediction on 16th April. Leicester bottled it, Liverpool finished 3rd, Chelsea beat us and pipped us to the last Champions League spot.
  • Crooks team of the season. Man City, Man U, and one each of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs.

• You lost me at Crooks. 😊