Mike Dean - Petition to have him removed from refereeing EPL games

Comments

• And then there's the golden boy in claret and blue

Jack Grealish.

Bottle of carbolic mouthwash please nurse
  • edited February 2021
    Alderz: the numbers would include yellow cards. It would highlight the odd ones e.g. Mike Dean, and a ref who always books one player when other refs don't. And the Home Crowd refs. Percentages give a fairer picture than raw numbers. My gripe is that the FA does nothing about mistakes, when they should be correcting and improving.
  • edited February 2021

Alderz: the numbers would include yellow cards. It would highlight the odd ones e.g. Mike Dean, and a ref who always books one player when other refs don't. And the Home Crowd refs. Percentages give a fairer picture than raw numbers. My gripe is that the FA does nothing about mistakes, when they should be correcting and improving.

I get why you are saying percentages, but when you are looking at small numbers percentages are misleading still,
  • I take your point, Alderz. Some refs have several hundred Premier matches under their belt though...I 'd be interested to know how many for each ref.
  • While we're waiting for Alderz (only joking), let's not forget Dean also sent off Feghouli against Man Utd, only for that red to be rescinded.
  • I did actually ask in a group chat whether anyone knows of a good dataset for discipline and referees, but no luck yet
  • alderz said:

I did actually ask in a group chat whether anyone knows of a good dataset for discipline and referees, but no luck yet

I don’t care about the stats. What’s the name of this group chat?
  • alderz said:

I did actually ask in a group chat whether anyone knows of a good dataset for discipline and referees, but no luck yet

I don’t care about the stats. What’s the name of this group chat?
    It’s not exciting, it’s called Fantasy Draft, because some of my friends from work and I do a custom fantasy draft league each year. But I work in a data science team, so half the people in the chat are basically data scientists who love football

• This is a reply I got if you’re interested in ref stats
  • Mike Dean back in action today for the Burnley / WBA match
  • I bet you will never see a referee more scared of a red card incident today.
  • He'll relish the chance to get back into the old ways.
  • IronHerb said:

He'll relish the chance to get back into the old ways.

That's right IH, reffing superbly like he ususually does.
  • Back with a Red. Perfect day for Dean.
  • I'm not watching, but by all accounts it was a stonewall sending off?
  • IronHerb said:

Back with a Red. Perfect day for Dean.

I’m Watching it... 100% red card...
    Anyone watching has to agree IMO
  • He does get some right.
  • I tune into the BBC commentary and the first thing I read is "Mike Dean is going over to the monitor". Says it all, really 😂
  • IronHerb said:

He does get some right.

Blind squirrel?
  • edited February 2021
    At least he was sent correctly to the monitor this time by top ref Michael Oliver, they are just lucky Lee Mason ( useless IMO ) not on VAR duties!
  • Now VAR proving it’s perhaps just not worth it IMO... not sure what to think anyone 🤷‍♂️
  • Have to say, fair play to Mike Dean. Can you imagine what must have been going through his mind as he was making his way over to the monitor..
  • Have to say, fair play to Mike Dean. Can you imagine what must have been going through his mind as he was making his way over to the monitor..

Yep, think that many who’s been in a similar position would have bottled it IMO.
    Hate or Love him, IMO he’s one of the best ..
  • He was always going to give the red, he had too. He did miss the actual offence himself though!
  • edited February 2021
    IronHerb said:

He was always going to give the red, he had too. He did miss the actual offence himself though!

Getting a bit boring IH...
    Just admit he’s a top ref....
  • edited February 2021
    It;s only one post above yours IH....Isn't that what VAR is for....???
  • edited February 2021

IronHerb said:

He was always going to give the red, he had too. He did miss the actual offence himself though!

Getting a bit boring IH...
    Just admit he’s a top ref....
    Not quite sure if you're being serious.....

IH is right, he did miss the original offence, and, after getting his last 2 red cards overturned he finally makes a correct call. I find it hard to believe anyone other than the out of touch muppets at the FA/PGMOL thinks he's a top ref.
  • edited February 2021
    Buffy, I have no problem being called a muppet...
    Kermit will do 🐸
    Whether you like it or not... IMO he is one of the EPL’S top refs👌
  • Settle down guys ;)