Other games, Sat 30th Jan - Thurs 4th Feb

Comments

• Wolves have been dreadful this season. They really seem to miss Jota and Jiminez. I don't even know who most of their players are anymore. They seem to have lots of the same player.
  • looks like BFS run of keeping teams up will fail should have kept super slav
  • The bottom three look done for. Fulham and the blunts might be plucky at times but the problem is that Brighton and Burnley are picking up wins now and then.
  • I absolutely detest Palace
  • Manure running amok v Saints 4 - 0 after 39 minutes, Saints' Alexandre Jankewitz sent off in 2nd. minute =)
  • BND, let’s hope they are scoring all their goals before next week. 🤞
  • Just saw the tackle, no question right decision, luckily no real injury resulted but what a shame for a young player making his full debut, he will need to show real character to come back from that
  • Insane VAR decision against Southampton
  • Zaha has done his HAMstring
  • Will not effect the ultimate result but Southampton robbed yet again by VAR, when it is that close and it takes that long to decide if someone is offside, then the attacker should be given the benefit of the doubt, not difficult in my mind.
  • Will not effect the ultimate result but Southampton robbed yet again by VAR, when it is that close and it takes that long to decide if someone is offside, then the attacker should be given the benefit of the doubt, not difficult in my mind.

I don’t even understand why they’re checking it. To any human eye, that’s easily onside.
  • Another 9 man finish. Let’s hope we don’t have one tomorrow night.
  • Poor old Southampton. It's hard not to laugh 🤣
  • I reckon that Southampton will have to appeal that, seems very harsh to me, there was contact but he hardly hacked him down and Martial had frankly lost control of the ball in any case
  • Martial’s pushed his leg into Bednarek, who’s trying to get out of the way. Joke.
  • You can see why people are being turned off the game,
  • Let's face it. When Dean spotted 2 reds at Wolves he wasn't going down without trying to at least equal that.
  • Let’s hope Moyes, if he was watching tonight’s games, tells the team that they shouldn’t try to get out of the way of opponents in the box because you’ll get a red. Make a tackle and wipe him out if necessary and it’s only a yellow.
    How stupid is that law. I can understand taking a player out without playing the ball should be a red but to give a red for not playing either the ball or the player is madness
  • Not wishing to tempt fate but it’s the “Manchester United” way & probably the same for any of the top six excluding us! Funny how OGS goes public with the referees body saying the 2 decisions in the Blades game should have gone the other way & it had affected the title race and then Mike Dean arrives at Old Trafford for the next match. 🤔
  • The rule states it's a red if you make no attempt to get the ball. Penalty or not he had to get the red once penalty was given.
  • Yes it’s a stupid rule.

They should admit it’s not a penalty, rescind the suspension and ban Martial for diving.
  • Mark Clattenburg has said David Luiz shouldn’t have been sent off earlier as he made an attempt to get the ball. Yellow card & penalty as per new regulations should be the punishment.
  • edited February 2021

Mark Clattenburg has said David Luiz shouldn’t have been sent off earlier as he made an attempt to get the ball. Yellow card & penalty as per new regulations should be the punishment.

Sorry, but I completely disagree, David Luiz made no attempt whatsoever to play the ball when he made contact, but it did seem ridiculously harsh to send him off, especially as Wolves got a penalty anyway. Again, it's down to interpretation of a bizarre rule. He made no attempt to play the ball, but it's hard to argue that he deliberately played the man either. It was a penalty, he definitely clipped the Wolves player, but not deliberately imo. The rules should allow the ref not to send a player off in those circumstances imo.
  • edited February 2021
    IronHerb said:

Let's face it. When Dean spotted 2 reds at Wolves he wasn't going down without trying to at least equal that.

So you will be pleased to know ref Mike Dean will be reffing our game V Fulham 👀⚒
  • I'm never pleased when Dean refs anywhere. 😂
  • edited February 2021
    I better delete mine then although if I delete it it will look like I'm psychic hahaha
  • Sorry Preston, I realised I was in the wrong thread so have deleted my post!
  • City 2-0 up against Burnley
    Leicester 1-0 up against Fulham

Yawn
  • Now come different teams, different types of play. Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, the Champions League, United. It's another tough group of games.

What Pep said yesterday in his post match interview, after pointing out their recent wins had been against lower teams.
  • Not quite got the fingers for copy and paste on my phone's tiny keyboard 😅