Other games, Sat 30th Jan - Thurs 4th Feb

Comments

• At the moment Brighton keeping us in 5th.
  • I think Leicester fans will be feeling a lot more disappointed than us this evening.
  • No thorn. If we stay in 5th it's down to us and no-one else.
  • IMHO it is down to us to take the opportunity of another entertaining but at times unpredictable season, similar to when Leicester won the Premier League, to finish as high up the league as we can as these chances aren't going to happen every season. Normal service will resume shortly.
  • edited January 2021
    The first time Spuds have fielded a team with no English players. 2 subs made so far and neither of them English . Bale gone off. Hardly broke sweat, looked two bob
  • At the moment Brighton keeping us in 5th.

I know we’re all disappointed about today, but can we just take second to reflect on the fact that WE (West Ham fans) are disappointed that we’re only just holding on to fifth?

This and the last season at the Boleyn are basically the only seasons in my supporting memory that have been anything like this.
  • spurs lost happy happy joy joy
  • I think what defeats for Everton & Spurs show is that we are actually not far off them this season, & (with a bit of luck) could compete with them for the rest of the season & try & finish above them if we can. Going to be a tough ask but both of those sides are not as good as we have shown recently.
  • Usually when we go into a season I want two things: [1] not to worry about relegation, [2] to have a positive goal difference after 38 games. This season I am adding [3] finish above Arsenal. If those three things happen, I really wont have much to complain about.
  • At the moment we are above Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham, oh anybody want icing on their cake?, Sheffield Utd are bottom and I mean rock bottom.

I am totally ok with this
  • Comment from the bbc have your say

“Apparently Bale is furious about his lack of playing time. But Boris is refusing to open golf courses until at least March”
  • I just bumped into a Spurs fan on the way back from the shops.

He's not very happy.

=)
  • Did you just bump into the Spurs fan or cross the road to do so?    😂
  • I actually did stop and cross the road >:)
  • edited February 2021
    I feel there is a question about a chicken in there somewhere.
  • Why did Mrsgrey cross the other side?
  • MrsG only crossed the road Cuz, she hasn't become a Spurs fan.  
  • IronHerb said:

MrsG only crossed the road Cuz, she hasn't become a Spurs fan.  

Phew 😂😂
  • It was the Spurs chicken who crossed the road. They were running away from MrsG.
  • edited February 2021
    Why did the cockerel cross the road ?
    To avoid the superior supporter
  • edited February 2021
    Arsenal down to 9.

They take the lead, then, right at the end of 1st half added time David Luiz clips a player in the box, gets a red and concedes a penalty which draws Wolves level. Wolves then score a couple of minutes into the second half, and then Leno comes out of his box, misjudges the ball and handles and also sees red.
  • How many red cards have Arsenal had this season?
  • IronHerb said:

How many red cards have Arsenal had this season?

Definitely more than we've had penalties.
  • Not quite the premier league debut that the Arsenal keeper would have been dreaming of
  • I think Luiz has more reds this season than we have had penalties in the last twelve months.
  • It's sad when your star £45m signing gets subbed off for a goalkeeper. 😂
  • Lets all laugh at Arsenal
  • Wolves currently showing a shocking lack of ambition to put the game to bed, Arsenal had a decent half chance there
  • I get that many would say that Wolves were professional but I thought their lack of ambition to really put Arsenal to the sword was shocking. It was as if they had no idea how idea how to react
  • IronHerb said:

How many red cards have Arsenal had this season?

Not sure about this season, but since Boxing Day 2019 (so just over a year) they've had 9, the next highest in the Premier League is 3.