Crystal Palace (A) - 6pm, 26th January

Comments

• Well deserved win. The scoreline of 2-3 does not reflect WHU dominance. On another day, Antonio could have had a hat-trick. May be he can do that in the next game.
  • Looking at Zaha today, my new theory is that Hamstew is Zaha. He hates Crystal Palave so much because they held him hostage. When he calls them Zaha FC, he’s talking about his own achievements. He wants to celebrate tonight because they’re a step closer to relegation and his freedom.

It makes sense.
  • that puts us 30 points ahead of the blunts :)
  • edited January 2021
    Great result, performance, should have scored at least 5 but our attempts on goal were very high...
    Soucek and Coufal must be our best buys for ages and that’s harsh on Bowen...

Must also say, apart from not booking that so in so Zaha , I thought Stuart Attwell ( ref ) had an excellent game, let the game flowed, didn’t blow for every little foul, so unlike his usual game!!!!
    COYI 👍🏻⚒👌
  • edited January 2021
    alderz said:

This has been one of Fornals best games for us IMO. He’s been brilliant, going forward and working back.

He is a box to box player who is always available. He would of been my MOTM but Soucek just nicks it with his two goals and general good play.
  • that puts us 30 points ahead of the blunts :)

3 points behind them once gentleman-gate is concluded
  • Looking at Zaha today, my new theory is that Hamstew is Zaha. He hates Crystal Palave so much because they held him hostage. When he calls them Zaha FC, he’s talking about his own achievements. He wants to celebrate tonight because they’re a step closer to relegation and his freedom.

It makes sense.

😯
  • Great result, shame about their last minute goal that flatters Palace.
    Benrahma, despite again not scoring is turning out to be a really good signing, his work rate and ball-winning ability is brilliant.
    IMO sending Noble on lost us Benrahma's ball-winning in midfield and made us weaker.
    On another point, I really think that Noble should do something that would reflect his name and pass the club captaincy to Rice.
  • Meanwhile Wilshire and co are being held by Crawley.
  • and gooners 1-0 down
  • What I like is that we all know that Moyes will be fuming about that goal. He is demanding so much more from his players than Pellegrini and (as much as it pains me to say) Slav ever did.

Those subs tonight actually made me realise what Lingard could bring to this squad. He's very experienced for a 28 year-old, but mobile enough to be effective on the break. Perfect to see out this kind of game.

Special mention for Benrahma. Genuine Payet vibes at times tonight and just needs a goal to get him properly going. He's really warming up nicely now though.
  • King looking lively
  • Wow so good to beat that pesky team.Once we scored to make it 1-1 was never really worried ,Which makes a nice change from other seasons .
  • being forth should help attract players should the board wish to spend actual money, which I doubt
  • That is why we need a couple of signings. Noble, Yarmo & Fredericks only really made the last 15 mins become a damage limitation job, because that’s all Moyes had available to him. Had he left the same 11 on, I think we’d have finished that 1-4 instead of 2-3. Irons.
  • That performance was the most organized and applied I have seen West Ham in 30-40 yrs
  • being forth should help attract players should the board wish to spend actual money, which I doubt

It has been reported we aren't good enough for Dzeko!
  • Over to sully now

Does he do an eminike and watch the likes of rice and Soucek become disillusioned and leave, or does he want to give them something to want to stay longer for?
  • No Fortune, he's not good enough for us!
  • Benrahma was tearing them to pieces
  • alderz said:

Well done Moyes and the Boys. You have been magnificent.

Moyes and the Boys sounds like a band

• IronHerb said:

alderz said:

This has been one of Fornals best games for us IMO. He’s been brilliant, going forward and working back.

He is a box to box player who is always available. He would of been my MOTM but Soucek just nicks it with his two goals and general good play.
    Imagine if Fornals had pace. Would be so much more effective.
  • IMO Benrahma was MOTM, but tbh it could easily be Dawson, Coufal, Soucek or Fornals. We were brilliant
  • That's the first time I watched us and thought "we're a proper side".

The previous results, I've always felt we were playing at our maximum, just producing maximum levels with no ability to go further.

Then I watched tonight and thought "we look a proper side". We were so controlled, dominant, dangerous, professional.

Every time we attacked, we looked like we could score. The last minute goal was really harsh on us, but lesson learned is we need to be more clinical as that really should've been a 2-5 game.

But brilliant. 3 away goals, a brilliant performance and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.
  • They maybe above come Sunday kick off.
  • Alderz is right -MOM could have been anyone. Fornals for me though.
  • They maybe above come Sunday kick off.

Not come Sunday night though 💪🏻
  • Benrahma for me. A couple of poor decisions but, overall, the guy ran the show.
  • Has anyone seen when the last time we won 6 in a row was?
  • We’ve not done it at the start of a calendar year ever apparently