West Brom (H) - 6pm, 19th January

Comments

• Dudley is in the Midlands
  • I thought Rice was ok, but not his usual standard. Hopefully he gets a rest against Doncaster.
  • Brilliant win

Well worth the 3 points

Loving this season....32 points!!
  • Reckon we might win the league this year then get a points deduction to finish 11th
  • Antonio scored a typical Haller's goal!
  • edited January 2021
    We lose shape when Yarmo comes on, his defensive work is a long way behind Bowen's. Last 10 mins we kept giving the ball away, no composure. Sad to say it but I don’t think Nobes helps either ...

I’d have been applied if we’d switched to 5:3:2 bringing on a left back rather than Nobes
  • alderz said:

I thought Rice was ok, but not his usual standard. Hopefully he gets a rest against Doncaster.

This is what is so frustrating about our reluctance to get any deals done. If Rice doesn't play, it's Soucek and Noble. Zero pace or drive from midfield.

Apparently Odubeko's absence was Covid related so he won't be available for Saturday, so it's either risking Antonio again or Yarmolenko up front, which in itself means Bowen has to play.

I'm so cross that our owners have run the squad down so much. Letting Haller and Snodgrass go without replacements when we're still in the Cup is unforgivable, IMO.
  • Still think it's a shocking decision not to give that as a penalty. Soucek clearly gets the ball, and clearly gets kicked; what's not a clear and obvious error? Btw, I didn't realise they'd reverted to "Clear and obvious" error again (listening to the post match analysis we have), as there seemed to have been a shift to more of a realistic "it's a mistake, let's correct that", rather than again reverting to "The ref is always right, we can't possibly over-rule him".
  • Anyway, Vladimir Coufal. What a signing he has been. Great game tonight. Cresswell did well too, to be fair, and we're looking much more solid as a back four now. Once Masuaku is back we'll be able to have some decent flexibility.
  • Could a mod maybe start a separate thread for the Snodgrass situation? Get a feeling it could run for a few days
  • Could a mod maybe start a separate thread for the Snodgrass situation? Get a feeling it could run for a few days

Agreed. Its tainting the victory a bit for me. And Jorderz already tries to do that.
  • Cheers OCS, that's where I saw it.
  • At the rightful request of OCS/Ham, Snoderz comments split to new thread, please direct those there and use this to debate the game.
  • Hopefully it comes to nothing. 🤞WBA wanted him sooner than we were happy to release him so they agreed not to play him tonight. Don’t clubs put a clause in manager’s contract when they move sides that they can’t cherry pick the best players from their old team?
  • looks at table , looks for the chavs and the gunners , smiles opens wine on a school night COYI
  • After the West Brom game, David Mpoyes said: "Robert Snodgrass is a very good player, we will miss him a lot. We sent him with our best wishes, we did not take any fee for him because we have so much respect for him and what he has done here." It hard to see why West Ham would not have imposed a condition on a giveaway i.e. can't play Snodgrass in tonight's game.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/robert-snodgrass-transfer-west-ham-west-brom-premier-league-rules-b900371.html
  • Sky sports headline about tonight's game " Antonio stunner moves Hammers seventh " as much as I adore the bloke there's no way it was a stunning goal
  • Dawson solid again!
  • edited January 2021
    Nice stat from the BBC
    BBC said:

The victory moved West Ham on to 32 points after 19 games - their highest points tally at the halfway stage of a Premier League season.

• Not sure why Moyes says he was not happy with the performance. I thought it was better than many recent ones, especially that dire Everton game we somehow won 1-0.
  • To be fair I think many of thought we would reach 32 points with three games to go.

Now I think we need start transfer rumours that we are interested in Chelsea players suggesting we feel the lure of European football may interest them.

We need Frank to get the sack to improve the chances of keeping Rice.
  • Make way, ye mere mortal. =) =)
  • Nice new avatar, ocs!
  • edited January 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Nice new avatar, ocs!

I can't stop watching it 😂
  • To be fair I think many of thought we would reach 32 points with three games to go.

Now I think we need start transfer rumours that we are interested in Chelsea players suggesting we feel the lure of European football may interest them.

I think we need Frank to stay tbh. Their form continues they don’t get into Europe, and there’s no reason for Rice to agitate for a move. That said, I don’t think he’ll go this summer anyway
  • I think it was Ian Darke commentating who mentioned the fact that all 41 goals Antonio has scored have been from inside the penalty area. I thought to myself that you haven't been watching when he shoots from distance and lo and behold five minutes later Antonio puts a 25 yarder into the Bobby Moore stand. 😂
  • From the BBC. The Hammers have won each of their opening four matches of a calendar year for just the second time in their history, last managing to do so in 1958 under Ted Fenton, a run in which they also beat Stockport County in the FA Cup.
  • alderz said:

To be fair I think many of thought we would reach 32 points with three games to go.

I think we need Frank to stay tbh. Their form continues they don’t get into Europe, and there’s no reason for Rice to agitate for a move. That said, I don’t think he’ll go this summer anyway
    It’s been well reported that Chelsea aren’t convinced by signing Rice, given they let him go & the fee involved. Frank is pushing the deal. Rice only wants to join Chelsea, currently. Frank goes, Rice stays a bit longer.
  • Antonio scored a typical Haller's goal!

Just before half time, Antonio chased down a lost cause and secured a throw in high up the field and I thought, there was no way that would have happened if Haller was up top on his own.