West Brom (H) - 6pm, 19th January

Comments

• edited January 2021
    We are getting nothing off this ref

On the plus side we've won all four Premier League home when Graham Scott has been the ref

Drat, my train just left Stratford. Bye bye
  • Martin Keown thinks BFS needs to buy a new bench!
  • He probably broke it sitting on it
  • Antonio looks gassed.
  • No one can tell me Kane or Salah don't get that VAR penalty.
  • Nobes on for Antonio.
  • Premier League are investigating the Snodgrass situation, apparently.

Would anything be more West Ham if we qualified for Europe and then lost it due to a points deduction for an illegal agreement 🤦‍♂️
  • Moyes has realised what Noble is really for now it seems.
  • If there is nothing in writing, then they can't prove anything.
  • If there is nothing in writing, then they can't prove anything.

It is West Ham though, remember...
  • If it's against the rules then the blame lies entirely with the owner's, or whoever sanctioned the deal
  • Allardyce already said to the media that there was an agreement between the clubs about it.
  • Bit late but I didn’t think it was a pen on Soucek. To me, it looked like he put his foot on it, and the defender kicked the ball while it was under his foot.
  • then both clubs get busted , worse for them than us I think
  • It will affect west Brom, not us. If it affects anyone.
  • I really wanted Mipo to come on
  • Also if said before, the FA should say no play him, then no drama
  • MrsGrey said:

It will affect west Brom, not us. If it affects anyone.

Why would it not affect us ? if we were the ones to instigate said clause for him to not play against us ?
  • alderz said:

Bit late but I didn’t think it was a pen on Soucek. To me, it looked like he put his foot on it, and the defender kicked the ball while it was under his foot.

He kicked man and ball, IMO. Probably not a penalty on reflection, but I have a strong suspicion it would have been given in Liverpool or Manchester.
  • PL LOOKING INTO SNODGRASS 'AGREEMENT'

The Premier League are looking into the circumstances surrounding claims an agreement for Robert Snodgrass not to play against West Ham tonight as part of his transfer to West Brom.

Albion boss Sam Allardyce said before the game there was "an agreement between the clubs that this game he would not be allowed to play. We could only get the deal done with that."

'Gentleman's agreements' are usually reserved for loan signings, but Snodgrass' move to West Brom January 8 was permanent.

(According to Sky)
  • Rice's passing has been pretty ropey tonight. He probably needs a rest, but you know, squad depth.
  • PL LOOKING INTO SNODGRASS 'AGREEMENT'

The Premier League are looking into the circumstances surrounding claims an agreement for Robert Snodgrass not to play against West Ham tonight as part of his transfer to West Brom.

Albion boss Sam Allardyce said before the game there was "an agreement between the clubs that this game he would not be allowed to play. We could only get the deal done with that."

'Gentleman's agreements' are usually reserved for loan signings, but Snodgrass' move to West Brom January 8 was permanent.

(According to Sky)

Quite right and we will be sanctioned for this
  • WBA player booked for diving in penalty area
  • edited January 2021
    If the Snodgrass transfer was illegal in anyway the FA/league would have to reinvestiigate loads of deals over the last few years. Non issue IMO!
  • I know he’s just been booked for diving, but I really like that Conor Gallagher. I think he’s stood out in a bad team this season, and I’d happily have him here next season.
  • edited January 2021

If the Snodgrass transfer was illegal in anyway the FA would have to reinvestiigate loads of deals over the last few years. Non issue IMO!

It probably goes on all the time, but usually there isn't a northerner broadcasting it on live television.
  • Why we didn’t just back ourselves to beat them with Snodgrass I don’t know. Bit embarrassing.
  • happy happy joy joy, almost safe
  • Great win. Was worried about that. Coufal was motm for me and then Cresswell. Rice had a poor game I thought.