West Brom (H) - 6pm, 19th January

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Smart move by Moyes. Play lanzini with 12 days of the window like left, so he can demonstrate to Sully that we do indeed need extra incomings in midfield
  • This is already shaping up to be quite a spectacle. You're all welcome.
  • How was that not a foul on Benrahma?
  • This really feels like a pre-season game. Neither team look up for it.
  • This really feels like a pre-season game. Neither team look up for it.

I’m not surprised tbh. They’ve barely had a break all season. It’s been a game every few days and clubs like ours and theirs don’t have the squads to rotate enough.
  • I love Coufal, but he seriously needs to spend all his spare time practicing his crossing
  • That was a great pass from Benrahma. Unlucky Bowen wasn’t set for it
  • Benrahma’s passing is really good. I’m liking him more and more every time I see him play
  • alderz said:

I love Coufal, but he seriously needs to spend all his spare time practicing his crossing

Brilliant cross from Coufal too
  • Brilliant. Bowen needed that.
  • 1-0.

Now stop all this gung-ho reckless football and keep it solid.
  • I think Benrahma meant that pass as well, not an over hit cross
  • Good ball from Benrahma, excellent cross from Coufal, very smart finish from Bowen. Lovely.

And seeing as this is a Jordan match thread, it’s time to switch it off.
  • Well that woke me up
  • Feel like Bowen is due a goal or two.

Forget Mystic Meg, we have Jorderz!
  • Concentration and discipline at the back now required, we've looked very solid but nearly got mugged 5 minutes earlier.
  • Benrahma for me still hit and miss given the ball away a couple of times now, there’s no doubt he as the ability just needs to simplify it a little imo

• edited January 2021
    alderz said:

Benrahma’s passing is really good. I’m liking him more and more every time I see him play

I like him too, but he needs to work on his final options. eg. He might shoot when someone else has a better chance of scoring.
  • West Brom have parked the proverbial bus/lorry/ train and are hoping to score from a st piece. WHU deserve to be ahead and have been very patient. Good work from Benrahma and great touch from Bowen. Hope West Brom will come out a little and Antonio can capitalize on that.
  • A completely different game now, West Brom can't sit back and will need come out. I feel we have the greater quality in every part of the pitch so we could get another two or three here.
  • Should be more opportunity later in the game to get behind them,.
  • Cuz1 said:

Benrahma for me still hit and miss given the ball away a couple of times now, there’s no doubt he as the ability just needs to simplify it a little imo

Maybe but I feel like he's been the driving force for almost everything. They stand off him when he has the ball. He's good at working out who's in the best space to create a chance - did it for the goal against Burnley and again here. Also had a nice early pass to Cresswell in this game. Very good at finding the space for himself to get into as well. Agree that sometimes he needs to move it quicker when others are queued up but I think he's been so involved that there are going to be mistakes.
  • Just need to ensure we don’t concede early in the second half. Sam won’t push for the equaliser until the last 15 mins, will just want to stay as they are for now
  • Time to bring Fornals on for Lanzini now we're ahead ?
  • We’ve paid for a slow start this half. 1-1. Need to wake up again.
  • Defenders backing off inviting the shot, so he obliges
  • Jorderz out
  • We are getting pulled around here.