West Brom (H) - 6pm, 19th January

Comments

• I don't think Moyes has much choice, Lukerz.

But that is certainly our strongest line up (in that formation), and it's only a left-back away from being really good (I know Cresswell has been better this season, but I still don't think he's a good left-back).

The problem is what's behind that first XI. Yarmolenko has struggled this season, Lanzini has improved but still not quite there IMO, Odubeko is obviously untested at this level, and Noble is not really an adequate replacement for SouDec in CM.

As we saw on Saturday, that XI will create chances and if we can be more clinical in the final third and get a 2 or 3 goal lead, Moyes may have a chance to give Antonio a rest and Odubeko some minutes ahead of Doncaster, where ideally he'd start.

Big Sam hasn't yet got WBA defensively sound, so hopefully we'll cash in before he does. I'm going 2-0.
  • All their goals against Wolves were from set pieces and indecision among defenders. Based on form, you wouldn’t think that style of play would trouble Dawson and Oggy.
  • Just noticed Zaha FC don't play again until we play them. 😬
  • edited January 2021
    Last two away results:
    Liverpool 1-1 West Brom
    Wolves 2-3 West Brom

Bit nervous as it’s Big Sam, he’d love to get one over us
  • Yeah, but Liverpool and Wolves aren't as good as us, so...
  • Cue a West Brom win courtesy of OCS 🤐
  • Last 3 home results
    WBA 0-3 Villa
    WBA 0-5 Leeds
    WBA 0-4 Arsenal

I'm always nervous but I fancy us to win by more than one tonight
  • Last 3 home results
    WBA 0-3 Villa
    WBA 0-5 Leeds
    WBA 0-4 Arsenal

I'm always nervous but I fancy us to win by more than one tonight

Have you seen who started this thread?
  • edited January 2021
    But last 2 away results
    Liverpool 1 WBA 1
    Wolves 2 WBA 2
  • I think we'll win 2-1 to West Brom.
  • Allardyce on SSN:

'West Ham are only in the Premier League because of me.'

Classic BFS arrogance. Hope we stuff them. Cue a 1-0 away win from a Snodgrass set-piece.
  • edited January 2021
    The bookies fancy a 1-0 win, maybe they know Jorderz is on match thread duty

Diangana, LB Conor Townsend and CF Carlan Grant all injured

GK Sam Johnstone is back in training after Covid but likely that backup David Button will be in goal tonight. Button was keeper in the Cup games and against Wolves, has conceded 6 goals in 4 games and only kept one clean sheet against Harrogate Town.

Midfielder Matt Phillips is also out with Covid and not expected back for a while

Probably be the same squad as Wolves at the weekend
  • Glad Dinagana is not playing as he would have wanted prove a point even more than fat Sam.
  • Allardyce on SSN:

'West Ham are only in the Premier League because of me.'

Classic BFS arrogance. Hope we stuff them. Cue a 1-0 away win from a Snodgrass set-piece.

His was a reply to someone actually saying that, he replied I’m glad that you said they are in the premier league because of me, he also said he had a great four years there, won promotion and three years in premier league, also said it was nice to see them maintain that position and trying to improve so good on him I say
  • edited January 2021
    We know he builds his teams from the back upwards so they will have been drilled to defend first and be organised. In my view if we score first they will have to come out more and we will go on to win, should they score first it could be difficult to break them down.
  • We know he builds his teams from the back upwards so they will have been drilled to defend first and be organised. In my view if we score first they will have to come out more and we will go on to win, should they score first it could be difficult to break them down.

A bit like how Moyes has changed us, getting the defence right first.
  • edited January 2021
    Time for some goals. 3-0 to the mighty Hammers as the march to Europe continues.

COYI
  • Be nice if we just had a comfortable win.
  • Hamstew said:

Be nice if we just had a comfortable win.

Thought we beat both Everton and Burnley fairly comfortably

Left it late against Everton, but they didn't create much and likewise Burnley stepped up i nthe and 10 minutes but we should've had 2 or 3 more goals
  • Can’t believe if Leicester win tonight they go top and how ordinary we made them look when we stuffed them and GOD on the same day
  • edited January 2021

Hamstew said:

Be nice if we just had a comfortable win.

Thought we beat both Everton and Burnley fairly comfortably

Left it late against Everton, but they didn't create much and likewise Burnley stepped up i nthe and 10 minutes but we should've had 2 or 3 more goals
    Personally I never feel comfortable leading 1-0. Especially in the Burnley game when they came into the game more near the end. They had a few nearly moments and having wasted a few chances ourselves it just felt like one of those games.

By comfortable I mean a 2 or 3 goal cushion would be nice.
  • Probably have to listen to the game on the old wireless.
    Any stream i get is blocked.
    Might have to see the doc about that =)
  • Rumour is there's one change to Saturday's line up. Almost certain to be Lanzini for Benrahma. Which would be harsh.
  • Feel like Bowen is due a goal or two.
  • edited January 2021

Rumour is there's one change to Saturday's line up. Almost certain to be Lanzini for Benrahma. Which would be harsh.

Not the case according to Ex.
    I hope it doesn't involve Yarmo
  • I hope Benrhama starts, he deserves to after the last game
  • Lanzini for Fornals, apparently.

Would have thought Fornals' graft would have been useful against an Allardyce team
  • Yarmo the only other forward on the bench.
  • Formals swapped for lanzini
  • I think that his well harsh too