Brighton (H) - 27/12

Comments

• Why Yarmo ahead of Benrahma or Fornals? Why Bowen off?
  • What Moyes has done by playing Noble for the last two games and making him Captain . Must have surely made Declan’s mind up about leaving. To play next to Noble in midfield must be like when you were playing with the kid that nobody ever wanted in your team when you were in the playground at school. I am not going to watch another game when Mark Noble is playing as it makes me so angry !!
  • Why not Benrahma......

Eghhhh

Definitely an agenda there....why bother sign him
  • Why on earth not benrahma
  • That should be the end of Noble as a first team starter
  • 7th game PL against Brighton and we haven’t won one yet.
  • edited December 2020
    I think the owners need to have a word with Moyes after what has happened in the first half of this game. They need to tell Moyes that no players should ever be left out for Noble again unless we are very very short. Playing Noble destroys the morale of the players and ruins the team.
  • Brighton aren't a very good team.

Which tells you everything you need to know about this performance.
  • Still not sure what I see from Yarmolenko

Just holds onto it for too long and tries flicks everytime, just stick your foot through it lad
  • I think the owners need to have a word with Moyes after what has happened in the first half of this game. They need to tell Moyes that no players should ever be left out for Noble again unless we are very very short. Playing Noble destroys the morale of the players and ruins the team.

If it comes to that , it is worrying in it's own right, if Moyes cannot see it himself IMO.
  • Starting with the Fulham game we’ve been pretty poor at home since with the exception of first half against Man U who were diabolical.
  • As for those short corners earlier why oh why
  • Chelsea were not very good either but by playing Noble it gives the opposition an easy game as they control the midfield .
  • Our crossing has been shocking today. We never get past the first man.
  • I think the owners need to have a word with Moyes after what has happened in the first half of this game. They need to tell Moyes that no players should ever be left out for Noble again unless we are very very short. Playing Noble destroys the morale of the players and ruins the team.

Noble was the wrong choice, but some of these reactions are insane. The issue isn't even specifically Noble; it's playing 3 defensive midfielders and 5 defenders at home against Brighton. The whole selection was negative, and pinning it on one player is reductive and pointless.
  • Not much better to watch, really. Just making me even more angry at the turgid starting line-up.

Predictable that we would have to make two changes at half-time, but by the looks of it it's going to be too late.
  • edited December 2020
    Yarmo bundled off the ball by a midget
  • Haller must be warm spending most games in the centre backs pockets
  • What a miserable performance.
  • G Neville says Yarmolenko going down far too easily in the box, unlike Zaha, Salah, Rashford et al.
  • Yes, Ben Johnson. Get in
  • Well done Ben
  • edited December 2020
    So we should definitely not be in great hurry to offer Moyes an extended contract. Baffling selections. Our start to the season was nothing amazing and nothing that the likes of Sam and Pelle didn’t similarly achieve.

And just as I post a goal goes in..
  • Get in, please let it stand
  • G Neville says Yarmolenko going down far too easily in the box, unlike Zaha, Salah, Rashford et al.

Well he hasn’t even had anyone try to tackle him there. He’s just felt the defender breathe and gone down
  • Johnsooooooonnnnnn!!!
  • Very composed finish from Johnson
  • Brilliant composure by Lanzini

• And just as I post a goal goes in..

Thanks to you Barracks
  • Well taken, pleased for him