Brighton (H) - 27/12

Thought I'd start this thread as they're our bogey team and we've never lost when I start a match thread (never done one).

West Ham vs Brighton, or as it's more commonly known, the Matthew Upson derby.

I worry that Noble has snuck his way back into the team and didn't quite do enough wrong last night to miss out, even though I think he badly slows us down.

Who starts? Who wins? Where's Antonio?

Back 4 or back 5? How many goals will Cresswell cost us?

Comments

• None in a back five and with noble sub again where he belongs
  • Saying you’ve never lost a match having never done a thread before is a bit like me saying I’ve never lost a 100m Olympic final :-)

I so worry about this fixture every time it comes round. I’d take a scrappy 1-0 settled by an own goal right now.
  • THE BOBBY ZAMORA DERBY 🙌🏻
  • The Bobby Zamora derby
  • Wow Cuz, that was close, you almost got there first =)
  • The George Parris derby.

(Ok, I googled .... ;yercoat )
  • It’s not the winning it’s the taking part, have a go 😂😂
  • Sam Baldock anyone 🦊 in the 📦
  • edited December 2020
    Chris Houghton derby ( does he count as he was a manager?)
  • Yeah, but winning's nice though ain't it Cuz? 😄
  • We might have to start talking football on the first page with this one.

You underestimate the madness of this forum.

Anybody have any pictures of Emmanuel Adebayor?
  • Yeah, but winning's nice though ain't it Cuz? 😄

You like myself are West Ham fans what do we know about winning ?
  • Cuz I’ll have you know I know a lot about winning, 3 FA and 1 Inter Toto Cup. Unfortunately I know a helluva lot more about losing.
  • The hatred for Palace derby
  • The A12/A2/M25/M23 derby.
  • Cuz I’ll have you know I know a lot about winning, 3 FA and 1 Inter Toto Cup. Unfortunately I know a helluva lot more about losing.

But that goes for around 75% of all fans. You are not alone.
  • Baracks. I never knew we had so much in common. I also have never lost a 100m Olympic final.
  • We need to revert to 3-5-2/3-4-3 formation as we don't have the pacey centre-backs or left-back for a 4-4-2 formation. We can play Johnson as a LWB. Maybe worth trying Yarmalenko at CF as he is more mobile than Haller. If Antonio is available, may be he can start and play the first half. Better to test him in the first-half. If he does not last, at least he can be replaced. The real conundrum is how to rest Soucek and Rice as there is no obvious replacement. I don't think Noble is up to it though Fornals can play centre-midfield. So my suggested team would be:

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Johnson
    Bowen - Yarmalenko/Antonio - Benrahma
  • Baracks. I never knew we had so much in common. I also have never lost a 100m Olympic final.

My team consider ourselves Premier League invincibles
  • IronHerb said:

The A12/A2/M25/M23 derby.

And A27 😉
  • Not to be picky but doesn’t the M23 turn into the A23 just south of Crawley?

You underestimate the madness of this forum.

Anybody have any pictures of Emmanuel Adebayor?
    You were right. Motorways before football.
  • edited December 2020

Not to be picky but doesn’t the M23 turn into the A23 just south of Crawley?

Now I feel ridiculous for not noticing. It's not as I live in Crawley 🙈
  • I live down the road in East Grinstead and I doff my cap to Barracks knowledge of our roads!
  • No worry, it's a home game. 😂
  • Yes but the players need to know how to get there for the return game so if they check this site for reference we be safe 😂
  • yoyo, I used to live on Hurst Farm Road in East Grinstead as a youngster before we moved to the midlands. =)
  • I lived in bolney when I came out of the Royal Navy in 97