Brighton (H) - 27/12

Comments

• This has been disgraceful
  • That might help us as it will encourage Moyes to change everything at half time instead of the last twenty minutes. Moyes has let the team down today.
  • Almost a sackable offence from Moyes that half.
  • We have lost every game Noble has started this season - can Moyes not see that our team has no creativity?
  • Shocking 1st half, and Moyes has to take most of the blame for the team selection.
  • Commentator just said that Moyes will be furious by what he’s seen from his players. I think he’s got exactly what he set them up for.
  • Well we all called it
  • And for anybody that asks why I didn’t get involved with the moyes love in, then rewind and watch that dross again, but let’s blame haller some of us because he’s messing up the great service he’s getting imo
  • I'm absolutely furious and disgusted. Setting up like this against Brighton, 17th in the league?

David Moyes knows a lot more about football than me. How he couldn't see this horror show coming is frankly scary.
  • Can't get my head around how bad that was. Turgid an Static need to come off for Lanzini and Benhrama
  • Well that was awful to watch, very painful. Let's hope they get it right 2nd half.
  • Knee jerk reactions and all

But if moyes doesn't turn this around, wouldn't surprise me if G&S have a word (won't sack him)

The fact EVERY FAN KNEW THIS WAS THE WRONG LINEUP sums it up
  • edited December 2020
    Hamstew said:

Dreadful, this is all on Moyes. The commentary team are basically laughing at the team selection.

Yup, and all we can do is sit here and feel embarrassed by it.

Yes. Moyes has dropped the ball in picking Noble, but our squad is so thin. We all knew it in the summer, but having no cover or depth in key positions is coming home to roost.
  • 5 changes please
  • I've turned the telly off. I can't watch this turgid dross any longer, I'm going back to watch the Mandolorian.
  • Whatever Moyes was trying hasn't worked. Need to change formation and players. Need to go back to the risky 4-3-3. Replace Noble and Johnson with Benrahma and Fornals/Lanzini.
  • Hamstew said:

Dreadful, this is all on Moyes. The commentary team are basically laughing at the team selection.

Yes. Moyes has dropped the ball in picking Noble, but our squad is so thin. We all knew it in the summer, but no cover or depth in key positions and it's coming home to roost.
    Don't think its about how thin we are, just bad team selection

We have Benrahma, Lanzini, Fornals and Snodgrass on the bench, all of whom would've been better options than Noble
  • Once I saw Noble in the team I bet on Brighton to win and Maupay to score.
    Whenever it looks like West Ham are improving as a team somehow Noble gets back in the side and the team gets over run in midfield game after game . It also demoralises those who are left out . Why are so many managers scared to get rid of him ?
  • Genuinely considered turning it over
  • Pengeman said:

Whatever Moyes was trying hasn't worked. Need to change formation and players. Need to go back to the risky 4-3-3. Replace Noble and Johnson with Benrahma and Fornals/Lanzini.

I’d start with changing Noble. We’ve been better with a 5 generally and Johnson has tried to get forward
  • There's no out ball and that is what Fornals has provided all season long.
  • Think Johnson has looked ok, but both he and Noble need to come off for Lanzini and Benrahma
  • Hamstew said:

Yes. Moyes has dropped the ball in picking Noble, but our squad is so thin. We all knew it in the summer, but no cover or depth in key positions and it's coming home to roost.
    Don't think its about how thin we are, just bad team selection

We have Benrahma, Lanzini, Fornals and Snodgrass on the bench, all of whom would've been better options than Noble
    It's both. We have no cover for Masuaku, which means playing a right back at LWB, and we have no cover for Antonio, who is crucial to how we play.
  • I will be livid if Moyes doesn't change things up at half time
  • The players look like they don’t believe in what the team has been set up as ,need some half time changes . We are not matching Brighton anywhere on the pitch at the moment this is the worst we have played this season over to you mr Moyes time to earn yr money
  • Have faith, Moyes wins games, that's what he does
  • I think Johnson has stayed too deep generally, which has removed any outlet on the left - not blaming him.

Their centre backs are getting further forward than out midfield!
  • Yarmo and Lanzini on for the second half by the looks of it. Noble and Bowen off, presumably
  • Looks like yarma and lanzini
  • I'd like to see Benrahma