Brighton (H) - 27/12

Comments

• Dreadful game
  • Jorderz, please ban yourself from the match threads indefinitely.
  • Brighton win it deserved win for them

I thought my stream was delayed and Brighton scored late on
  • Horrible to watch.

Dreadful starting line-up that set the tone for the kind of game it was going to be.

I'm so angry.
  • Jorderz, please ban yourself from the match threads indefinitely.

Did we lose, though.
  • That game was basically forfeited by a horrendous team selection by Moyes

Blame lays squarely at his door
  • Brighton win it deserved win for them

But it finished 2-2?
  • I don't understand how Benrahma doesn't get any minutes in this game.
  • That was terrible. Moyes, and all of the players should be embarrassed.
  • If noble starts another match I will be very annoyed better second half which was not difficult we need Antonio back haller a passenger again
  • Respect the point
  • Awful

Glad we got a point but Moyes just messed it up

Playing that XI was madness, and I think he should be reprimanded for it....not a single football who was aware of the lineup thought it would work and it didn't

Shocking, absolutely fuming
  • edited December 2020
    Sky have clearly shown that their second goal definitely shouldn't be allowed

2nd time in recent weeks that VAR hasn't ruled out completely wrong goals against us.
  • So no Benrahma

Moyes taking the point

Moyes his taking something
  • We deserved nothing from that, so a point isn't the end of the world.

But what a dreadful performance. Noble was an absolute passenger, Rice was poor, Bowen way off the pace. And does anyone else think Moyes doesn't rate, or never wanted, Benrahma? Seems like he could have made the difference today but didn't get on again.
  • Players weren't at their best but we were basically on the back foot from the off thanks to Moyes.
  • Lukerz said:

Blame lays squarely at his door

For the second game in a row
  • I can't see us getting much in the next couple of games.
  • Big picture - I am slightly surprised and pleased with our points haul and goal difference so far. Today - disappointing first half which Moyes must take responsibility for. The changes rescued a point but we should have had all three.
  • Two points dropped because of poor first half and wrong personnel selection. The problem is that we don't the pace for a 4-4-2 and often lack creativity for 3-5-2. Bowen works hard but looked jaded. Surely, Moyes can't play Rice, Soucek and Noble in the same team.
  • Moyes cost us any chance of winning by a horrendous starting line-up

Everybody could see it was wrong, negative, laboured

Basically handed Brighton points from that game
  • Considering how badly we played, and how awful the team selection was, and how praised Brighton were on Sky, we came away with a 2-2 draw and one of their goals shouldn't have stood. The manager can walk away, say he wasn't pleased with the performance but was pleased with the determination, then deflect it onto VAR as we might have had 3 points had it done its job properly.
  • I wonder if he'd have picked that negative a line-up at home to Brighton if the stadium had been full.
  • edited December 2020
    Honestly, why did we (Moyes) sign Benrahma?
  • edited December 2020
    To he fair though, that second goal should not have stood

You can rule it out for the blatant shirt tug or the handball, your call
  • Hamstew said:

Players weren't at their best but we were basically on the back foot from the off thanks to Moyes.

Looked like the players felt that way too. No attacking threat and no intent from any of them in that first half against a very poor side.

Can't see us getting anything out of Southampton on Tuesday. Our good start has stagnated but I don't expect any reinforcements next month.
  • I’m not sure why VAR don’t get all the angles Sky do? From what they just showed it clearly hit his arm for Brighton’s second.
  • alderz said:

We seem to miss Antonio and Masuaku dreadfully.

Which is basically what everyone said all throughout the transfer window, and yet the club decided not to do anything about it.
    I might be wrong but to be honest I don’t recall Masuaku being discussed as critical to our success during the transfer window It wasn’t until we changed formation and started to get some results that he became so crucial.
  • We could be under investigation for allowing spectators in when in tier 4, not only were they in the stadium but at least one was on the pitch.