Leeds V Westham 8pm Friday 11th December

Comments

• 20 year old single malt islay being opened just for such a celebration. I must admit, when it comes to LUFC, I am partisan.
  • 20 year old single malt islay being opened just for such a celebration. I must admit, when it comes to LUFC, I am partisan.

Really? You hide it so well 😂🤣😂
  • ‘White shirted devils’

🤣
  • edited December 2020
    Good performance, great result. Leeds play nice football but only have Bamford to score. We share our goals around. Rice was magnificent with Soucek not far behind. Haller is frustrating and shouldn't be replaced by Yarmolenko. Fab had another good game and the effort shown all round the team allowed for a very Moyesesque performance.
    I thought Benrahma had a very good full debut.
    Onwards and upwards. Bring on the Palace.
    COYI
  • Just need to win our next one
  • Very impressive away performance and thoroughly deserved win.
    Regarding Haller,he at least kept at it and came close a couple of times but overall he was poor again.If we’d had a striker on the bench I would’ve hooked him after an hour.
    So obvious that we need a third striker.
  • Great comeback and win. Hard work and could have scored more. Benraham would get better. How many did Haller miss. We hit the post again, twice I think. Fornals and WHU must be leaders in hitting the woodwork. Now need a winning run for the next 26 games.
  • How good a job has Moyes done on all of Cresswell, Ogbonna and Balbuena.
  • Although Haller was frustrating with his first touch, he did show that he can get into dangerous positions. Now if only he can improve his finishing. It was good to see how many chances we created. Even Balbuena could have got 2.
  • Is Haller the new Benteke?
  • I have to admit I was a David Moyes doubter, both times. I was right in the Slaven Bilic and Pellegrini camp of that’s the direction. But what do I know. DM seems to have us playing a mixed way, not always pretty, but mainly diligent and purposeful. After the starting whistle blows its down to the players, with adjustments. DM seems to have that in hand. I applaud him and look forward to the rest of this season. Whtid
  • I have to admit I was a David Moyes doubter, both times. I was right in the Slaven Bilic and Pellegrini camp of that’s the direction. But what do I know. DM seems to have us playing a mixed way, not always pretty, but mainly diligent and purposeful. After the starting whistle blows its down to the players, with adjustments. DM seems to have that in hand. I applaud him and look forward to the rest of this season. Whtid

<3
  • I thought we played much better football than Leeds.

Weird, because Leeds are the best team ever and Bielsa is the best manager in the history of the universe.
  • Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa, speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a fair defeat, the type of game that doesn't surprise us. We prepared ourselves to face a game of the characteristics it had today and they were superior.
  • How good a job has Moyes done on all of Cresswell, Ogbonna and Balbuena.

Personally I think Oggy has been pretty good since he arrived. He was my HOTY last season.
    Cresswell impressed in a four tonight, which he has struggled with in the past, and against a decent footballing side like Leeds.
    Balbuena is a steady, straightforward centre back.

On tonights performance we do have a Plan B defensively.
  • Common sense needs to be applied to the penalty thing, as with so many aspects of VAR.

If the keeper leaps off the line and it gives a material advantage, fair enough.

If the keeper is centimetres off the line and lays down to catch a rubbish dismal penalty, there's no way they should get to retake.
  • Is it time to accept that selling Diangana to buy Benrahma wasn't so bad after all.
  • Was it just me or was their pitch horrendous?
  • Is it time to accept that selling Diangana wasn't so bad after all.

👍
  • edited December 2020
    Hamstew said:

Was it just me or was their pitch horrendous?

No, the pitch was awful, I lost count of the number of players from both sides who slipped over.

Is it time to accept that selling Diangana to buy Benrahma wasn't so bad after all.

We haven't bought Benrahma, he's on a season long loan
  • Moyes has gone from the being happy to be here persona of his early days to digging out the officials and VAR after victory. A great transformation.
  • edited December 2020

We haven't bought Benrahma, he's on a season long loan

With an obligation to buy.
  • Moyes has gone from the being happy to be here persona of his early days to digging out the officials and VAR after victory. A great transformation.

I thought that, too. I loved how angry he was after the Villa win - performance just wasn’t good enough and he made that clear.

Setting high standards that I think is filtering through to the players.
  • edited December 2020
    At one point one of our centre backs passed it into our other center back and he hit the post.
  • What a great season this is turning out to be
  • edited December 2020

What a great season this is turning out to be

Must admit, after the first 2 games of the season, I was really pessimistic about this season, now I'm frustrated by the dropped points; the soft penalty against Liverpool, the dreadful decision by the lino against Man Utd, the fact that we really could have got something out of the Arsenal game. In all honesty, Newcastle (after years of having a really tough opening fixture) was the only truly bad result for us so far.

I am still really concerned by the lack of depth in the squad though; so far we've been unusually (especially for us) fortunate with injuries and I'm genuinely worried that this season could easily be derailed by another injury or 2.
  • What a great season this is turning out to be

Must admit, after the first 2 games of the season, I was really pessimistic about this season, now I'm frustrated by the dropped points, the soft penalty against Liverpool, the dreadful decision by the lino against Man Utd, the fact that we really could have got something out of the Arsenal game. In all honesty, Newcastle (after years of having a really tough opening fixture) was the only truly bad result for us so far.

I am still really concerned by the lackof depth in the squad though; so far we've been unusually (especially for us) fortunate with injuries and I'm genuinely worried that this season could easily be derailed by another injury or 2.
    It shows what happens though when you can field for the most part your best 11 week in and out.
  • The lack of depth is a concern, but the majority of the worries from fans was that if we lose Antonio and Masuaku, two players who were seen as crucial to this system, then we will be in trouble

Well we have lost both of them.....and we got 3 points today.....which were well deserved based on the balance of play

Only City can realistically afford to have a back up in every position that isn't a huge drop off in quality from the first XI
  • The lack of depth is a concern, but the majority of the worries from fans was that if we lose Antonio and Masuaku, two players who were seen as crucial to this system, then we will be in trouble

Well we have lost both of them.....and we got 3 points today.....which were well deserved based on the balance of play

Only City can realistically afford to have a back up in every position that isn't a huge drop off in quality from the first XI

We've got 4 empty spaces in a Premier League squad of 25; we're at a serious disadvantage to most if not all other teams in the league in that respect.