Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Ancelotti back to Real Madrid and Moyes to Everton? Gossip columns
  • Yeah, both Ex and C&H reporting Moyes has signed a three-year deal and it'll be announced later this week.
  • Nuno favourite for Palace job 😂
  • Nuno to Everton, maybe.
  • Times reporting Everton will want to speak to Moyes.
  • Ancelotti to Madrid is confirmed.

Isn't Eddie Howe an Everton fan? Maybe enough to see him move north.
  • Lukerz said:

Times reporting Everton will want to speak to Moyes.

Wonder if thats why he has waited to sign a contract.
  • I can’t see Moyes leaving
  • If he does leave, Sully will have a pick of a whole plethora of reputed managers across Europe who are free agents to pick from. For one who doesn’t like to pay to get in an already contracted manager it would be nirvana for him.
  • Sky report Moyes West Ham contract is still in the "talks" faze and only verbally agreed. Interesting days ahead perhaps
  • I really don't see that he'd go back to Everton.

They have nothing much to offer him that he can't have here. Plus, he's got nothing to prove there. Here he's got a point to make.
  • edited June 2021
    I agree and I think his future should be here. The thing is we don't know where his family would rather be, that could be the crunch point if an approach comes.
  • What about the money, Having said that we are in europe that could be the carrot to keep him ,but if Everton offers him a big transfer buget that could come into it as well
  • I put 'unexpected opportunity' in Google translate and it came up as ' better offer'.
  • Great timing from his point of view however.

Are we keeping Rice and Soucek?
    Whats my transfer budget?
    How big a wage increase is there for me and my staff?

Ancelotti leaving would definitely focus Sully's attention at least a smidgeon on those questions more than it would have otherwise.

I think if Howe is not going to Spurs then he will be ready made for Everton, perfect size club for his next job, bigger than Bournemouth but not quite a top 6, should Moyes leave, which I don't think he will, then we should go all out for Howe.

• Nuno to Everton & Howe to Palace
  • Howe would take Palace down and I think at least one person on here wouldnt mind that (I would not like Howe at WHU)
  • edited June 2021
    This is really interesting.
    BBC said:

Lage's managerial record initially failed to pass post-Brexit regulations.

But Wolves put their case forward at a hearing on Wednesday and he has now been given permission to join the club.

I wonder what sort of precedent this sets for future signings and managerial appointments? Presumably clubs will just try to argue that they should get work permits regardless of the rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57332311
  • Interesting, alderz. He was 'cleared by the FA' rather than Home Office.

• edited June 2021
    IF It’s true about Moyes, what a turn around in fortunes for him in the last two or three years.
    From being an out of work “failure” to ( potentially) having your pick of West Ham and Everton.
    Football eh? Funny old game.
  • I don't think he will go but I don't think any West Ham Fan would be anything but understanding if he did after we went for Pellegrini when he was last here, we thought we had a better option and this time so may he.
  • I thought we always had Pellegrini lined up to take over in the Summer, so Moyes knew he was only on a short term contract to the end of the season. If I am right, Moyes would have known exactly what would happen, so in reality we just gave him a chance to get back into Premier League management.

Personally I would have preferred Moyes to stay longer term, but the die was cast.

Everton may be a big lure for him, but it was also a long time ago and he appears to be in a strong position with us now. Family pressure may result in him leaving, but I hope not.
  • Being honest, if I had a chance to manage 2 similar sized clubs, one run by G&S and one run by pretty much anyone else, I'd certainly be seriously considering the alternative.
  • There were other times Everton could’ve gone back for him as well and they didn’t, so maybe the bond isn’t that strong
  • The BBC talked of Ancelotti being Moshiri's 'Hollywood' manager. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes for someone in the recent Italian league shuffle about like Conte or even Zidane (not that I think anyone should go for Zidane despite him being an amazing player)
  • I think Spurs are ahead of the field in getting Conte, seems like.
  • Agree... But what I meant was that he possibly look for another glamour manager which would see Moyes not in the equation

#Allardyci
  • edited June 2021
    Moyes... Not glamorous!
    He is a diamond and we need to keep him💎
  • edited June 2021
    Part of me thinks the owners will want him to go so they have an excuse to pursue Rafa.
This discussion has been closed.