Liverpool v West Ham , Saturday 31st October , 5.30

123457»

Comments

• My co commentator was..... Jim “ Liverpool “ Beglin.... enough said
  • Carragher hasn’t got another team in his vocabulary its all Liverpool, Liverpool
  • I saw this on KUMB:

Commentary for Salah - There’s contact, only slight, but as there’s contact, it’s a penalty

Commentary for Bowen - There’s contact, but not enough to give a penalty?

Which proves that not only are the officials biased but so are the commentators.

Was it the same commentator for both matches?
  • Found it funny that earlier in the game - Mane went down in the box, nobody on the pitch claimed for anything, but Carragher immediately called for a possible penalty🤦‍♂️
  • MrsGrey, no idea, the OP didn't say.
  • MrsGrey, no idea, the OP didn't say.

Oh, ok. Never mind.

But if it wasn't, I don't think you (he/OP) can argue for bias....
  • MrsGrey said:

I saw this on KUMB:

Commentary for Salah - There’s contact, only slight, but as there’s contact, it’s a penalty

Commentary for Bowen - There’s contact, but not enough to give a penalty?

Which proves that not only are the officials biased but so are the commentators.

Was it the same commentator for both matches?
    Tbh MrsGrey, it's pretty much the same with all commentators. Certain clubs, namely the big 6, always get the commentators onside. It's almost as if the rest of the clubs should feel privileged to be on the same pitch, and so these sort of comments legitimise the bias of the reffing in favour of the big 6.

It's cringeworthy to hear the comments, time and again, that are based on who the teams are rather than the particulars of any incident; I'm 100% convinced that if certain incidents were mocked up with different team colours, the commentary for the same incidents would be different.
  • Have Michael Owen in studio for tonight’s match and fair play, he said he didn’t think the Egyptian smurfs penalty should have been....
  • It was very much what I call a Harry Kane penalty but Masuaku is to blame in my view.

Salah was facing away from goal so there is simply no need to make that challenge, there is even less reason to stop when he goes down as though you know you have just given a penalty away ensuring any doubt in the refs mind is turned into a penalty decision. By stopping playing he made it so he had to give a penalty or book salah for diving, which would have been unlikely to happen. Very poor, had that not happened i think we would have got something from that game.
  • Claret, that sounds a little too much like calling the victim the guilty party.