Liverpool v West Ham , Saturday 31st October , 5.30

Me again ! =)
Live on Sky
Might be Haloween but nothing to be scared of.

Comments

• Brother Sledge, you legend.
  • Presumably we’ll have no Antonio, which is a real shame given their lack of VVD. I’d like Haller to play, but tbh he doesn’t fit the way we play, and the way we’re going to need to play against Liverpool. So I’d go the same as today, with Benrahma through the middle (maybe on the left with Fornals in the middle).

I reckon this will be a stretch too far for us. But at least it’s the end of the horrible run
  • This will be tough if Antonio is out.
  • Of all of our games, this is the one I want to win. And I want to win without the assistance of VAR, or a dodgy on-field call, or for Liverpool to have any excuses as to why we won.

• If Anotnio is out, Moyes may have to change it up

Hopefully he's fit, we look really strong atm

Coufal will have a tough time against Mane and Robertson, need Bowen on the right to help him out
  • edited October 2020

Coufal will have a tough time against Mane and Robertson, need Bowen on the right to help him out

This was my issue with playing Bowen through the middle today; Yarmalenko was a liability in terms of helping Coufal.
  • Better off playing Benrahma through the middle if Antonio is out. Yarmolenko did himself absolutely no favours this afternoon.
  • Any attack down our right gives me palpitations right now
  • I would love it if we beat them. 🤪
  • Don Hutchinson hat trick to seal 3-2 win
  • For who though? Hutchison played for us both
  • edited October 2020
    I see Don Hutchison and Leroy Rosenoir lots on show’s out here... Don is a great guy IMO
  • Allison back in goal was hoping Adrian would still be goal
  • Liverpool deciding to lose today rather than next week
  • Liverpool deciding to lose today rather than next week

Maybe not, 1-1 now
  • I see Don Hutchison and Leroy Rosenoir lots on show’s out here... Don is a great guy IMO

Knows his football also
  • Seeing the trouble McBurnie and Burke gave Fabinho today I really hope Antonio can play next week
  • edited October 2020
    Moyes on Antonio

"We'll have him checked and scanned to see what it is, he came off against Spurs with something similar, he didn’t miss training so we hope it’s not much. He is so important to us. He couldn’t decide if he was cramping up or not. We will get him scanned and see how he is.”

Everything crossed.
  • I see Don Hutchison and Leroy Rosenoir lots on show’s out here... Don is a great guy IMO

Knows his football also
    I really enjoy both of them, they sure do know their stuff and neither big deal about it, they also have great banter and close connections to the ⚒
  • edited October 2020
    Maybe we should be resting Antonio. As much as it would be nice to get points here, we might be better off protecting him for the coming run.

Having problems, whether cramps or more serious, that early in two games isn’t great and I’m already worried we’re overworking him. We’ve never had him without injuries so it’s impressive we’ve had him for almost 90mins for so long, the way he plays.
  • I think this would be an ideal time to play Antonio, Liverpool have looked vulnerable at the back this season and without VVD they look even more so.

After Liverpool we've got Fulham, if we're going to rest Antonio it should be against them as they are clearly out of their depth.
  • I agree with Aslef

If he is passed fit he needs to start

If we 'rested' him yesterday we wouldn't have got a point

Liverpool were cut open time after time against Sheffield United, Antonio can hurt them
  • My worry is we might play him then and lose him for a month after. It’s not just about Fulham. I just think having problems in two games running is a warning sign.
  • My worry is we might play him then and lose him for a month after. It’s not just about Fulham. I just think having problems in two games running is a warning sign.

I think he should play if fit. The current scouse defence isn't all that at the moment.
  • He needs to miss training. Pointless aggravating it
  • I feel like the powers will be will want the top 6 to start taking more permanent shape now. The refs will start beating us against teams like Liverpool - unless we really thrash them.
  • I feel like the powers will be will want the top 6 to start taking more permanent shape now. The refs will start beating us against teams like Liverpool - unless we really thrash them.

Any particular reason you said that ?
  • It's the reason we needed a striker like King from this window, I don't actually blame the club on that deal however as the situation didn't lend itself to anyone doing a deal. Bournemouth wanted too much and he would have wanted considerable wages knowing he can do a deal as a free agent in the summer and that the clubs saving the transfer fee will pay him a good wage and big signing fee.

I think Antonio should play if fit but realistically he will always miss 10 or so matches a season. I am hoping that against teams outside the top 8 we can still find plenty of goals, Soucek will get in double figures by the end of the season in my book as well as Bowen.
  • We will cause them issues with the form we are in & the stuttering start (by their standards) they have made.

Antonio does need to be managed. We all know he has a history of hamstring injuries & he has now played a lot of football, possibly record levels of appearances for us, without pulling up. If he is now starting to feel it, I would give Benrahma a go through the middle, purely as a surprise factor.

Haller & Yarmolenko are the other alternatives. I don’t think either offer enough & moving Bowen there hinders his game too much.