West Ham v Wolves. Sunday 27th September 2020. 7.00pm

Comments

• Well I'm happy to be proven so wrong. That was a brilliant team performance. That is the benchmark now.
  • First home clean sheet since New Year’s Day 👀
  • happy happy joy joy. well done the lads and above Citee
  • edited September 2020
    Thing is, Sully will probably go, "Clean sheet, no need for any defenders, 4 goals, no need for any forwards"
  • Well done lads! 4 goals and a clean sheet.
  • Outstanding performance. One of our best for quite a few seasons, IMO.
  • I can’t remember dominating a game like that since the Payet season. We might have done, but I don’t recall it.
  • I had a bet on Bowen first goal and 2-0. Would have won £550. Trust West Ham to find a ruthless streak tonight.
  • Great performance from everyoone and a thoroughly deserved win. Only 3 point off a Champions league place!!
  • Thing is, Sully will probably go, "Clean sheet, no need for any defenders, 4 goals, no need for any forwards"

The only downside. Balbuena played very well tonight, and Cresswell actually did ok too, so Sullivan will probably pocket the £30m and claim we have enough to challenge.

Hopefully we will strengthen though because with this level of performance and a bit more depth to the squad we should do well.
  • Almost a perfect performance. This formation just brings the best out of so many players. Masuaku becomes one of our biggest attacking threats. Cresswell becomes a better defender. Fredericks looks more of a threat. Fornals doesn’t have to stick so wide and can come more central, where he regularly contributes to goals.
  • Wow what a performance. Hard to pick a motm. Maybe Arthur for me.
  • Well that was fun and a clean sheet ,Well done lads
  • We're 10th Boom Boom Boom
  • Well done to everybody tonight, got it spot on. COYI
  • Arthur, Balbuena, Soucek, Bowen, Antonio were exceptional in that game.

Just a brilliant display. Fair play to the side. As well as we’ve played in a long time.
  • 3-1 Us

Haller 87th minute
    Yarmolenko 89th minute
    Haller 94th minute

Watch this space

Wasn't far off......

Haller with the stoppage time goal
    The win
    3 or more goals
  • 3-1 Us

Haller 87th minute
    Yarmolenko 89th minute
    Haller 94th minute

Watch this space

Wasn't far off......

Haller with the stoppage time goal
    The win
    3 or more goals
    I love the artistic liberty to say “3 or more”! Same as you said we’d concede 1 or less...
  • Haller has the coolest goal scoring celebration in the EPL; he just stares ahead as if to say, "What's the big deal, it's what I'm paid to do - score goals".
    None of these circus acrobatics like Aubameyang.
    =)
    COYI

• Can we get Arthur in the team now?

Lapses in concentration is all that stops him being a Champions League level LWB.
  • How good was Rocky today.
  • Yeah, Masuaku has to stay in the side. Adds a completely different dimension to our attacking play.

I love Noble, but if he’s in the team next week ahead of anybody that started today I will cry.
  • Hamstew said:

How good was Rocky today.

My MOM , which might be harsh on others but thought he was fabulous
  • Masuaku is a bit of an enigma as he can look a real top quality player and a liability the next week. Playing this way really suits him and hopefully he can find the consistency in a role that suits his natural abilities rather than calls upon his weaknesses.

As Alderz has said we have the team but not the depth. I feel Antonio is always likely to miss ten games a season, but with Haller finding his stride we may be ok.
  • That 5 goals in 2 starts for Haller?

Ham - agree, he was the surprise performance for me. Looked as good as he was at times in his first season.
  • I win games, it’s what I do, does that count as he wasn’t there again, like they said on BT maybe he should work from home more 😂😂
  • I feel Antonio is always likely to miss ten games a season, but with Haller finding his stride we may be ok.

The problem is that they're two very different players. Haller can't do what Antonio does. He won't run the channels all game and take on the defenders; he'd do well in a two with Antonio, but isn't a direct replacement.
  • edited September 2020
    OCS, he needs to play with another striker but will David Moyes do that? If you look at Haller's stats from Eintracht in two seasons he scored 33 goals and had 18 assists so it's not only the goals he scores but how he helps others score.
  • I feel you could push Bowen in more centrally as will prove a good finisher and compliment Haller.
  • Haller’s link up play is really good, much better than Antonio’s. Antonio brings a lot to the game that Haller can’t and vice versa.