West Ham v Wolves. Sunday 27th September 2020. 7.00pm

Comments

• We should get him one of these?

(The future for football audiences)
  • edited September 2020
    Given Moyes left out Cresswell & Masuaku, we can safely say they are both playing again tomorrow.

Balbuena for Diop. Possibly Rice for Diop & Noble into the middle. I think we need to shake up that front 3. At least one of Anderson/Yarmo/Haller needs to come in, given their form in the cup.
  • Lukerz said:

Given Moyes left out Cresswell & Masuaku, we can safely say they are both playing again tomorrow.

Balbuena for Diop. Possibly Rice for Diop & Noble into the middle. I think we need to shake up that front 3. At least one of Anderson/Yarmo/Haller needs to come in, given their form in the cup.

agreed but Moyes will stick with Antonio upfront on his own as he is stubborn imho
  • edited September 2020
    Lukerz said:

Noble has only just resumed training after his toe injury, they might put him on the bench but I doubt if he'll start.

Plus with Cullen off he won't start with three central midfielders (or two and Rice as a CB), if one gets injured he'll be forced to change formation
  • edited September 2020
    Anyone else read Moyes letter on official site..all very predictable, he starts off by saying the strange kick off time on a Sunday, the new normal etc but a bit concerning is that he does seem to think that we are playing tonight...

Is he aware today is Saturday?

Has the virus made him forgetful?
  • jay, that letter was first on the site on Wednesday and been rehashed, presumably by our PR team who as usual messed up.
  • It’s the part in the matchday programme, which would normally be read on game day
  • Aah..Thanks!...Thought he might have been suffering a bit more than he'd let on...Good stuff.
  • edited September 2020

Aah..Thanks!...Thought he might have been suffering a bit more than he'd let on..

No, it's us fans that do the suffering
  • I'd like to see:

Fab
    Fredericks Rice Ogbonna Johnson
    Yarmolenko Bowen Soucek Masuaku
    Antonio Haller

I'd love Yarmo to play but it is hard to drop Bowen so it might be unorthodox and out of position but I think Bowen could take one for the team and play in a more central position. We know he can do the defensive part of the game well and get stuck in while also offering an outlet being able to get forward.

I'd also let Yarmo and Antonio leave it between them and interchangeably one drops to the RW position and the other plays up front.

Johnson over Cresswell as we know Traore gets past Cresswell way too easily - happened on multiple occasions so it makes sense not to keep playing him against a player who can pretty much jog past him. Masuaku to offer that extra defensive protection against Traore but also drives forward well and has picked out Haller with crosses in the past.

Rice to drop into CB as Diop is still quarantining.

Also we'd have plenty of height on set pieces with that team for a change! Pretty much that whole team are tall and strong apart from Bowen but he'd be taking the set pieces!
  • welove - I would say that side is slightly unbalanced.

Only Soucek as a CM & then a load of wide players & a striker. Not to mention it would mean Soucek has to exclusively sit, which takes away a lot of his late runs into the box.

It's got to be 3-4-3, to match Wolves, plus we played it very well last week.
  • A draw for me today
  • 3 Centre backs for me. Balbuena, Oggy and Cresswell. Masuaku to try and handle Traore
  • Fabianski

Balbuena Ogbonna Cresswell

Fredericks Rice Soucek Masuaku
    Bowen

Antonio Haller

That's what I'd like to see tried. Effectively a 3-5-2,but almost a 3-4-1-2 like we played in the late 90's with Berkovic in behind a front 2. Bowen will work back to help Rice and Soucek, but will alway look to drive forward.
  • Need to try and sit deeper and then attack the space with pace which is what they like to do. If we do the slow side to side routine they will tear us apart
    .....................Fabianski
    ....Balbuena , Ogbonna , Cresswell
    Fredericks ......................... Masuaku
    .............Soucek, ..........Rice
    Yarmolenko........................Antonio
    ........................Haller

Come on you Irons
  • After the spurs game ,Our players should be told to shoot on site, And hope we hit a hand or two...........Mind you knowing its us we might have to hit a hand about ten times before we get a pen
  • Only change is Balbuena for Diop
  • Not sure what Fornals does to keep his place.....Teacher's pet perhaps....Prove me wrong COYI
  • Moyes came in and dropped Fornals when he'd been a key player. Now he won't drop him when he's doing almost nothing...
  • He got grief rightly so last year for dropping him as he was in form, he is out of sorts so he must see something in training
  • Surely we're at the point where we need to be a bit more adventurous in our line-up. Not least because this will probably be the team until the 75th minute at least.
  • Just finished painting our windows ,So now have to decide whether to watch paint dry or the game =)
  • edited September 2020
    steve said:

Just finished painting our windows ,So now have to decide whether to watch paint dry or the game =)

Where do you live Steve, I could do with watching something exciting?
  • When you look at the two sides, they have Jimenez, Traore & Neto up top. We have Antonio.

Going to be a long evening...
  • It’s on BT and I won’t pay for it so I will be living the game from the comments on this page. I will reserve any comments until after the game after Arsenal
  • Still find it amusing that everyone is crying for Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Anderson etc even though last year we were all cryng for fornals to start over those 3 as they were all rubbish

If that doesn't sum up the problem with this club I dunno what does, inconsistent players, fans with short memories, Managers not being proactive

I am disappointed though, but only because I would've liked to see Haller instead of Fornals, Antonio wide left

Anyways I hold onto some confidence

Let's beat them....please
  • If we beat them, it will be our best result of recent times
  • 3-1 Us

Haller 87th minute
    Yarmolenko 89th minute
    Haller 94th minute

Watch this space
  • IMO a bit of a negative line up. Not a selection that says " Go get ' em " more one that says " hang on " but I'm ever hopefull..... COYI
  • Cresswell and Masuaku v Semedo and Traore is pretty terrifying. Antonio will be pulled left to cover the gaps which means no striker for most of the game.

Comfortable Wolves win, IMO. If they score early it could be 4 or 5.

Feeling confident.