124»

Comments

• We’re gonna win the cup.
  • Can’t help but feel Felipe looks in decent touch
  • We would walk League One.
  • IronHerb said:

You'll wake up.

Surrounded by the men in white coats
  • It'll be interesting to see what happens at CB without Diop for a couple of weeks. Alese is left sided, so I assume Balbuena will come back in for Issa. If he plays well I wonder if he'll displace him?

Also, does tonights match count as a Moyes win or an Irvine win?
  • we will have at least 3 new signings by then, Nurse
  • we will have at least 3 new signings by then, Nurse

I'm assuming Alese starting means we don't need a new centre back, and now we've got Ashby fighting for right back we have Johnson as our new left back, and suddenly we've got the new signings
  • alderz, I Hope GSB don’t read this forum otherwise we won’t get any new players which course we might not.
  • And course we’ve got the other two new signings diop and Cullen so that be our quota, result 👍
  • From what I watched, Wilshere looked good. Though it was a bit nerve-racking seeing him skip past a lunge after reading a piece this week about how often he got kicked on the ankles before he was 20.
  • That Ashby is gonna be a proper player
  • Hopefully his injury is not too serious.
  • Lukerz said:

That Ashby is gonna be a proper player

Do find it a little bit funny/ironic that the biggest weakness in the first team...the defence...is the biggest strength of the academy

We are light at CB and on both flanks, but you look at our academy

At CB we have Alese who looks solid, cardoso is highly rated, Baptiste is heralded as the brightest player of the current lot and Akinola is our U23 captain

Then at fullback Johnson has already made the step up, think that Ashby has looked superb and while Longelo might not have had the best game today he's very highly rated in a position he's still learning (being an ex winger up until not long ago)

Unfortunately it looks like this season has come a couple years too soon for them to be drafted in as back up

On another note, where the hell is Nathan Holland? Is he still with us?
  • It was enjoyable to watch us play well against poor opposition. Several decent performances , I thought Yarmolenko was able to really show his class without having to worry too much about defending. Nice also to see the youngsters doing well. I am glad I stumped up the £10 for the match pass which works out at only £2 per goal =)
  • Well this is a new experience, the first time I've ever done a match thread and we've not lost!

Bring on Fleetwood (or Everton).
  • Everton Wednesday 30 September 7:45pm on the carabaocup.live website and its my day off so I'll actually be able to watch the match this time
  • Some people on here thought this game should have been called off when Moyes, Cullen and Diop tested positive. Good job it wasn’t as Orient have had to forfeit their game against Spurs.
  • I can only comment from a public health perspective, football does not follow that logic it seems, I feel sorry for orient but no doubt they would have lost and spent money doing so, at least the PL is offering to help the EFL
  • So what happens if Moyes and Diop sit out the next few days including the wolves game, and we go and beat them 5-0 with Alan Irvine in charge?

So no-one actually gave a response to the above question - 12 of you thought I was asleep and another had me as delirious
  • Think was me so thought you were derilious not almost a clairvoyant 😂😂
  • Not a single West Ham player made Garth Crooks team of the week!