Hull City (H) Carabao Cup, Tuesday 22 September 7:30pm

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Get the clown owners out this club please.

"The two players and the manager travelled to the ground with the squad, I'm told, in two or three separate coaches. They say they all social distanced, the squad, from when they met up and throughout the journey.

They arrived [at London Stadium] at 18:15 which is when the teams are put in - Josh Cullen and Issa Diop were in that team - but as soon as they arrived the results from the tests done yesterday came through and the two players and the manager were isolated immediately in separate rooms and left the ground very quickly, I'm told.

West Ham say they are satisfied nobody else in the squad needs to self isolate - and that is why the game has gone ahead."
  • Oh well if West Ham say everything is ok, it must definitely be so, right?

Phew, what a relief
  • Think Lanzini has been brilliant again, whenever he gets the ball he is being positive and trying to dribble through their midfield

Think he deserves an opportunity over Fornals

My guess is that Fornals will start as he's better at tracking back than Lanzini and we'll be under pressure from the pace of the Wolves frontline.

Although based on that logic, Fornals will always be in the team as every team seems to have more pace than us.
  • Hull would have been tested at the same time so must all have tested negative
  • Get the clown owners out this club please.

"The two players and the manager travelled to the ground with the squad, I'm told, in two or three separate coaches. They say they all social distanced, the squad, from when they met up and throughout the journey.

They arrived [at London Stadium] at 18:15 which is when the teams are put in - Josh Cullen and Issa Diop were in that team - but as soon as they arrived the results from the tests done yesterday came through and the two players and the manager were isolated immediately in separate rooms and left the ground very quickly, I'm told.

West Ham say they are satisfied nobody else in the squad needs to self isolate - and that is why the game has gone ahead."

so..those 3 were all in a coach on their own then, wow that's lucky. Now what about all the team members those 3 have had contact with in the last 5 or so days, plus of course all of the Arsenal players.
  • 20:35
    KICK-OFF
    West Ham 2-2 Hull

Back under way at the London Stadium.

Just saw that on the BBC and thought what the hell did I miss!
  • Hull would have been tested at the same time so must all have tested negative

What about if tthey are tested again in a few days? It’s a minefield
  • west ham west brom, potato potato
  • edited September 2020
    G&S will say they tried to get the test results back earlier, but just ran out of time!
    Atrocious IMO.
  • So two assists and a goal for Yarmo.
  • Barracks I think they get tested at least weekly.
  • Yarmo and Haller certainly doing all they can to force their way into Alan Invine’s reckoning at the weekend
  • I do like us winning no matter who against and these guys did beat lids
  • From Sam Inkersole - Right, as I understand it. The rest of the squad are allowed to play because they have all returned negative tests. Social distancing and other protocols put in place between test and results to make sure there is no spread. Only the two players and Moyes need to isolate.

West Ham also offered tests to Hull who said no.
  • Ashby looks like he’s in real trouble here. Worrisome seeing a kid stretchered off with oxygen on him
  • Shame as he looks a proper player that guy

Hope he’s alright

Big future
  • The kid who has replaced him looks all over the place

3-1
  • the others need to rally around him then
  • edited September 2020
    Lukerz said:

The kid who has replaced him looks all over the place

3-1

I am pretty sure that Longelo plays up front for the U23s, so bringing him on at fullback seemed strange to me

EDIT: apparently he's a left winger / fullback. Either he was converted, I am confusing him with his brother Rosaire who left for I think Newcastle a while back, or I just made an error
  • I'm confused. They are saying in the commentary that Lanzini has been poor. I've read on here that he's been good.
  • 3-1 up I will go for good
  • Grady just missed a penalty for West Brom
  • Hamstew said:

I'm confused. They are saying in the commentary that Lanzini has been poor. I've read on here that he's been good.

I listened to the first half, and the commentators on Talksport thought he was poor, and then I watched until 70 when my stream died, and I thought he'd done very little, personally.
  • will still go for good, play badly win , I will take that every day of the week, #glasshalffull
  • Good to know that when Moyes isn't there we still won't make subs before the 80th minute unless a stretcher has to take a player away
  • and west brom lose on pens, they can focus on league now, until it gets called off
  • Haller with his second
  • And Yarmo with his second
  • Yarmo again. Clearly we will now sell him for next to nothing.
  • happy happy joy joy