Hull City (H) Carabao Cup, Tuesday 22 September 7:30pm

edited September 2020 in Match Threads
Hull were relegated from the Championship last season, their top scorer was some lad called Jarrod Bowen despite not being in the squad after January for some inexplicable reason.

They are currently 3rd in League One having beat Gillingham and Lincoln City. They have won two rounds of the League Cup on penalties, first drawing 0-0 with Sunderland then 1-1 with Leeds Utd

They have a half decent CB, some lad called Reece Burke and central midfielder George Honeyman has assists for two of their four goals so far this season so might be worth watching.

They might have beat Leeds but we should be able to cruise past this lot

COYI

Comments

• Similar team to the last round I would expect.

Wemberly, Wemberly.........
  • Randolph
    Johnson - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku
    Cullen - Snodgrass
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller

Same as last time
  • I believe it is being shown on carabaocup.live
  • Apparently it is £10 for a match pass which is split 50/50 between Hull and Us.
  • And we are paying for Hull’s Covid testing.
  • The starting team is:

Randolph
    Johnson - Balbuena - Diop - Alese
    Cullen - Snodgrass
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller

Alese is 6'4" and can play left-back and centre-back. Saw him on he the pre-season games and he looked very comfortable and composed.It seems Moyes may be saving Masuaku for Sunday's game against Wolves.
    There is enough talent on the filed to win comfortably, but WHU always do things the hard way.
  • Wouldve thought Alese would play Rb and Johnson LB but I am also assuming that Alese is right footed

No surprises, hope Haller gives another good showing....enough to get himself more than 2 minutes in our next game
  • Good line up for this type of game. A couple with a point to prove. Should easily be good enough. COYI
  • Oh dear, we are jinxed. Cullen and Diop are already injured in the warm-up. So Harrison Ashby and Jack Wilshere will play. Not sure what that does to the bench.
  • Diop and Cullen are out. Wilshere and Ashby are in.
  • We now have two goalies on the bench - Martin and Trott!! Did no senior or U-23 player come to watch the game?
  • Deffo going to put a fiver on Wilshere to also get injured before the kick off
  • Maybe this is why Cullen was not involved in the Arsenal match.
  • It’s not a good sign when we get a sudden injury and it’s wilshere who ends up being the saviour
  • Both Diop and Cullen were named in the original XI.
  • Covid related allegedly.
  • The bench is Martin, Trott, Longelo, Covenrty, Bowen, Xande Silva.

Emmanuel Longelo is a 19yo left side midfielder.

Randolph
    Ashby Balbuena Alese Johnson
    Wilshere Snodgrass
    Yarmalenko Lanzini Anderson
    Haller

Hull have left Malik Wilks and Keane Lewis-Potter on the bench, between them they've scored 4 of Hull's 5 goals this season along with George Honeyman (2 assists).
  • Martin Samuelson on the bench for Hull?
  • Knowing our luck, Balbuena will either be sent off or injured and we'll be left with 1 senior CB available on Sunday
  • Don't you count Rice then? :o
  • IronHerb said:

Don't you count Rice then? :o

Not unless you want to cripple our midfield, no.
  • I don’t get it... late changes? Injured? If it’s COVID related... why did it take until now to find out...IMO bizarre beyond belief
  • Wouldve thought Alese would play Rb and Johnson LB but I am also assuming that Alese is right footed

No surprises, hope Haller gives another good showing....enough to get himself more than 2 minutes in our next game

Alese is left footed according to football manager and also excellent when managed by someone who knows what they are doing (me) at a club that knows what they are doing (Southend).
  • Maybe other squad members have covid so Diop and Cullen have been pulled as cover / precaution. Apparently Moyes isn't about either.
  • Is Moyes even in the dugout ?
  • West Ham United can confirm that David Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen have returned positive tests for COVID-19.
    The Club’s medical team were informed of the test results as the team were at London Stadium preparing for this evening’s Carabao Cup third round tie against Hull City. The manager and both players immediately left the stadium and have returned home.

All three will now follow Public Health England and Premier League guidelines and protocols.

Everyone at West Ham United send their best wishes to David, Issa and Josh.

Tuesday’s match will go ahead as planned, with Assistant Manager Alan Irvine taking charge of the team.
  • And the PL believe allowing crowds in is safe because they have everything in place to ensure it’s safe. Teams are generally in a bubble but still catch it.
  • Track and trace working well then as the team should have gone into lockdown for 14 days and the game called off
  • How on earth can three people test positive for COVID-19 & the game still go ahead? Surely the entire squad has to isolate?
  • I think you'll find sports teams are working under different Covid rules.