Man Utd on Wednesday

I don’t know why you guys are all so bad at this, it’s pretty easy tbh.

Comments

• I wonder if Antonio will be given a rest for this one.
  • I would like to see some players in to play for their future at the club
  • Why do you want poor West Ham team put out, how about putting a strong 💪 West Ham team to measure our selfs against a good Man U side?
    Also prove my thread “ is this the worst West Ham squad “ to a not bad end the season !
  • I don't want us to rest players, the boys look fitter than ever and have a good few day to recover

I'd like to see Haller brought in, I think Moyes can utilise him long term

Moyes style of play is beginning to take shape, I want him to continue playing our best XI so we can go into next year knowing exactly how to play this system

Also Ben Johnson deserves another chance
  • The signings Moyes has made have turned it around for us so he deserves huge credit for that. I'm still not a fan of him but would be happy to be proved wrong.
  • Same starting IX for me. We're playing well and full of confidence, why change?
  • I’d like to see more of Haller. If Moyes could get a goal out of him before the season ends I think it’s been about as good as it could possibly have been since restart.

I don’t think you can drop Antonio at the moment cos he’s the leagues form player right now, but some minutes for Haller when we aren’t sitting back will really help to see if he can lead the line in the way Moyes wants a striker to
  • If Moyes stops Man United from getting Champions League >:)
  • We've done the double over 4 teams - let's make it 5
  • Anything that stops the smug, sorry red, half of Manchester qualifying for the Champions League is ok with me.
  • edited July 2020
    Fabianski
    Johnson - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Soucek - Rice - Wilshere
    Bowen - Antonio
    Haller

I think Moyes will freshen things up slightly, with a couple of players with points to prove ahead of the summer.
  • With United's pace I wouldn't swap Diop for Balbuena or remove Fornals workrate from the team.
  • edited July 2020
    I agree, herb

I think I would go with the same side

I just feel, especially if we are mathematically safe on Wednesday, Moyes will change it up

The last 5 games have taken a lot of effort, no doubt there will be some players with a ? over their names ahead of the summer
  • edited July 2020
    So United not starting Pogba, McTominay, Martial, Greenwood today. Must be taking us seriously. =)
  • They will now.
  • bet they are pleased de howler held out for all that money
  • Will be interesting to see how we play with freedom. The last 5 games the players have really come to the table with some good performances in high pressure games. Interesting to see with the pressure off how we do. I’d expect Antonio to cause their back line problems.
  • Just pressure Maguire. How he is an England CB amazes me.
  • edited July 2020
    Is it because England doesn't have that many top class footballers?

I confess we had a giggle this evening at The Lesser Neville's comment ... Maguire has such composure on the ball, even when he's defending badly.

Erm, Phil. He's a defender. Defenders who defend badly don't get a free pass because they are 'composed'. If he was that composed, wouldn't he see or anticipate a threat and deal with it?

Still, I'm sure Ole's glad of all that composure.
  • edited July 2020
    What was that team selection by OGS?

Absolutely baffling. Martial, Greenwood, Pogba on the bench for Bailly, Fred & James?

Incredible.
  • edited July 2020
    IronHerb said:

Just pressure Maguire. How he is an England CB amazes me.

Probably cause his rivals for that position include players like Stones and Mings?
  • I think Maguire plays well for England, typically, but he also wouldn’t get a look in if we had any other good centre backs. The fact he’s realistically the best one we have shows a MASSIVE hole in the side
  • edited July 2020
    Maguire makes the biggest case for Rice eventually becoming a CB.
  • I thought United looked wuite ordinary. Hopefully they'll play like that midweek
  • Stick Rice on Fernandes & then United go from an 8/10 team to a 6.

The front 3 are going to cause us problems, there is no way around that.
  • I hope Moyes picks a side to win. This may mean one or two changes at most. I'd love to do the double over them.
  • edited July 2020
    That would mean 30 of the 40 points, we would have, come from 5 teams. Bizarre.
  • yoyo said:

I thought United looked wuite ordinary. Hopefully they'll play like that midweek

Probably saving themselves to prioritize Champions League qualification.
  • Given what they have to play for and their form (for the most part), I fully expect us to lose.

I just hope we make it hard for them and keep our performance level where it's been over the last few games.
  • Hope we can wreck their CL hopes. Though i think we are going to get rolled 3-0 or so.