Watford on Friday

Hello it’s me again

Comments

• Alessandro Diamanti derby, do we reckon?
  • 3 points and mathematically safe please
  • A whole week to prep for this

Would arguably go with the same XI

Tbh 10 of the first 11 pick themselves, only question is whether we go with Noble and Fornals left wing or we put fornals central and bring in either Lanzini, Yarmo or Anderson left wing

While I wouldn't mind Haller starting, think we look good going forwards and Antonio is in the form of his life so no need to mix it up if we dont have to (or if hes not fit enough)
  • Diamanti :kissing_heart:
  • We have only won 9 games in the premiership this season yet have done the double over 3 teams and could potentially do it over Watford and Man U. as well.
  • A whole week to prep for this

Would arguably go with the same XI

Tbh 10 of the first 11 pick themselves, only question is whether we go with Noble and Fornals left wing or we put fornals central and bring in either Lanzini, Yarmo or Anderson left wing

While I wouldn't mind Haller starting, think we look good going forwards and Antonio is in the form of his life so no need to mix it up if we dont have to (or if hes not fit enough)

I think there is a question mark over Fornals too, personally. Wouldn’t be opposed to the same side with Lanzini in for Fornals, but I really want to see Antonio and Haller up to together. I think we’re safe now, so let’s experiment
  • Definitely want to see Antonio and Haller. They looked so good the first time they played that way. Antonio looked really threatening when he came from the left a few times today, so I think having someone free him up to roam will help.

I also think Soucek's timing to get to the edge of the box has helped Antonio. It's like he's powered by an algorithm that tells him exactly where to be.
  • I don't think you'd ever see the word algorithm on any football forum except for here. :)
    Soucek and Bowen absolutely the best couple of buys we've made in ages. COYI
  • I've been really impressed with Soucek but not as impressed as Outcast swallowing a dictionary!
  • edited July 2020
    Love Bowen. Great buy. Should be targeting more players like him (which I believe Moyes said he would).
  • Hamstew, we are being linked with at least 2 players from Brentford but they might be in the Premier League anyway next season, so may not move. Benrahma is one of the 2 but he is strongly linked with Chelsea.
  • With all due respect, think Chelsea will be shopping in a different market then the one Benrahma is

But any of Brentfords front three (we were linked with Watkins already) would be good additions, providing they don't get promoted
  • Yep thats why I'm praying they don't get promoted
  • Chelsea have signed that Ajax winger, and have an abundance already. Seems unlikely to me
  • We have only won 9 games in the premiership this season yet have done the double over 3 teams and could potentially do it over Watford and Man U. as well.

We don't often do the double. That might be a record. I'll look it up 👍
  • edited July 2020
    We've done it 3, 1 and 3 times for the last three seasons.
  • Cheers Mr Herb :)

It's the magic number.
  • Hope not as we've already achieved that this season. Let's go for four, or maybe five. Maybe settle for four then. :*
  • Yes, Watford can be tricky....
  • edited July 2020
    I heard a stat that Moyes in his 2 spells with us has never won 2 games in a row. Does anyone know if that’s true and if so is it all games or just premier league games.
    Let’s try and beak that record this week.
  • He beat Bournemouth and Gillingham in his first two after coming back
  • alderz said:

He beat Bournemouth and Gillingham in his first two after coming back

So then maybe it’s just referring to PL games.

• Could be as simple as winner on Friday stays up & loser goes down.
  • Well, it won’t be loser goes down. It might be that the loser ends up going down, but this individual game does not have those consequences.
  • I think with a draw we finish ahead of Watford, they've got two tough games to end the season.
  • edited July 2020
    Interestingly, given we play after Bournemouth & Villa this week, those results are going to have massive bearings on the approach to this game. I think it both those teams lose, we will see both us & Watford settle for a point each & basically say to the other two ‘win your final two games’.

If one/both pick up points, it’s literally going to be a must win for both sides, but moreso Watford given their final two.
  • I think Moyes is likely to keep the same side, but Sarr is a massive threat for them up against Cresswell, so wonder if Masuaku is a better option, or maybe playing ahead of Cresswell.

Noble will play as he is a figurehead for us & driving the side on to get the win in an important game. Moyes wanted him out there in that vital game on Saturday & will want him on the pitch on Friday.
  • That's not a bad shout Lukerz, let's be honest, none of Lanzini, Fornals, Yarmolenko or, were he fit, Anderson have been pulling up trees starting wide left, so Masuaku is worth considering there. Unless both Villa and Bournemouth win in the week I really won't be too disappointed with a point here, so providing a bit of extra cover for Cresswell isn't the worst idea in the world.
  • I don’t get all the downers on Formals. He’s a busy player that gets around the pitch, a bit like Nobes used to be. Nobes won’t get into this game as much as he did against Norwich where he was given free reign and didn’t need to defend. Watford aren’t particularly good but we’ll need more about us. Still, 3-1 home win. COYI