Norwich on Saturday

12346»

Comments

• Frederick's is a frustration. He started to play well once we were 3-0 up. He has great pace, and needs to use it more often going forward just as he did for his assist for the last goal. He seems to lack confidence though, panics on the ball and rarely takes on a player. Hopefully he can push on now.
  • Noble, surprisingly playing at the highest point of midfield, was looking like a cockney De Bruyne

That is surely meant as a joke, unless he meant de Bruyne in 15 years time.
  • Cannot see villa or Bournemouth staying up now
  • We're safe. Live with it. :)
  • How bad are BT sport at their constant replays btw
  • The camera work all game was terrible

There was one time we burst into the box & I am sure it cut to the managers
  • To be fair they are running on less cameras and techies as far as i know. Still, they got it right on four memorable occasions.
  • Lukerz said:

The camera work all game was terrible

There was one time we burst into the box & I am sure it cut to the managers

At one point they showed a replay of Antonio’s backheel to Bowen, and as they showed it for the fourth time the commentators were talking about Norwich breaking
  • They couldn't even sneak up on us.....
  • Did anyone have Antonio as their triple captain this week (I didn’t)
  • Truthfully, last night I dreamt that we would score 4 in a 2-4 win, must admit I didn't have Antonio as the sole scorer :)
  • 4 goals from one man ,, some effort, excellent
  • edited July 2020
    Fantastic result and Antonio will obviously grab the all headlines...but really thought our captain played a blinder....
  • I've watched three of the games since the restart; Wolves, Spurs and Burnley. The three games I haven't watched...

I can't comment on the game as I didn't see it, but I'm really pleased with the result, obviously. Were we that good, or were Norwich that bad?

Hopefully that's enough points already, because we've got some tough games left. Watford and Villa will be scrapping for points, and Man U still have a chance at the Champions League.
  • OCS

Both. We created a lot, we never really looked in trouble, and we were in total control. Norwich didn’t have much time offer, but I do think our play made them worse still. It’s one thing being left space, it’s another to use it.
  • Cheers Alderz.

Hopefully we'll take that form into the last three games. A win against Watford should mean we can relax a bit going into the last couple of games, assuming Bournemouth and Villa's form doesn't pick up.
  • Todd Cantwell reminds me of King Joffrey from GoT
  • It's always the team that plays the best football getting promoted that struggle in the Prem

It never seems to work unless they add some steel to their play

Norwich didnt invest in the summer, which has resulted in their relegation....but it also puts them in a strong position financially

They didnt go mad spending, so they have just had the highest revenue ever without expenditure going up

Means they wont sell their better players on the cheap
  • Feel I owe Marky Mark an apology; I was under-chuffed and full of chunter when I realised he was starting, , but I thought he played well, and his passing was excellent.
  • Playing him further up helped marks game I feel
  • Norwich did not close noble down , he had loads of time on the ball to pick his passes which he did well
  • Also allowed Soucek to roam
  • I thought Noble was very good & that was a very good call by Moyes. I was not impressed with the original line-up. He obvs trusted him to lead that team to the needed 3 points. Bowen was excellent & Antonio, outstanding.

Imagine if we could convert Antonio into a proper striker. What a player he could be & an extra 10 goals a season.
  • RE: above....Any idea who our attacking coach is? ( if we have such a thing )
  • Not sure Noble's going to get the same freedom against Watford though.
  • yoyo said:

RE: above....Any idea who our attacking coach is? ( if we have such a thing )

Is it not Nobby?
  • Managed to avoid seeing the result and watched the game last night. Great effort from the players although Norwich were dire and offered no resistance. I don’t believe the match stats that had Norwich with 53% possession. Plus the added bonus of a clean sheet - haven’t seen much of that this season.
    Antonio and Noble were immense although I thought they should have both come off after 60 minutes once the game was safe. Noble especially looked really tired and started to be less effective. Poor player management from Moyes IMO with important games coming up. I liked how Soucek was getting into some useful positions. I can see him picking up quite a few goals. Diop and Fornals seem to give the ball away too frequently. I would really like to see Fornals on the bench in the next game.
  • alderz said:

yoyo said:

RE: above....Any idea who our attacking coach is? ( if we have such a thing )

Is it not Nobby?
    Antonio didn't do the chicken dance, so I assume not
  • Antonio and Noble both make Garth Crook's team of the week.