Norwich on Saturday

Comments

• Having watched Norwich’s full-backs this season, I think Moyes will have missed a trick if he does not start Masuaku at LB today. They are there to be exploited in behind.
  • edited July 2020
    This is it. No excuses. We win and the other two lose and we are pretty much there.
  • Bowen - Haller - Antonio, please, with Lanzini behind them. This should work.
  • If Haller could ever prove he was worth every penny of the £45m we paid for him, today is that day.
  • I doubt he'll start. He's not really match fit.
  • would like to see Wilsher given some time
  • edited July 2020
    Team is:

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Noble
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals

I find that a very negative team. Maybe it’s a diamond with Bowen & Antonio up front.
  • I have still 8 mins to believe that's not the team
  • if this is the team and we lose then Moyes should resign on the spot, which of course he will not.
  • edited July 2020
    What is the game plan with that 11? Can’t see one. How are we going to score goals?

I think he’s playing for a 0-1 here.
  • That's same as last time but Noble for Yarmo?
  • edited July 2020
    Its true, Noble in for Yarmolenko

Against Spurs Noble played ahead of Rice and Soucek, at times he was further forward than Antonio.

Subs are Randolph, Johnson, Balbuena, Masuaku, Wilshere, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, Ajeti, Haller
  • We have a fit striker for a must win game !!
  • Well that 11 is probably as good as it gets if you are Norwich & hoping to pick up a morale boosting win.
  • Should've brought Lanzini back in. He didn't do badly and at least there's a chance of him offering something. Hope Noble steps up after the rest but it feels like we're breaking momentum.
  • edited July 2020
    No Anderson? Still injured.

And as I thought, Haller not fully fit.

And Lanzini, still rubbish. ;-)
  • 3 defensive midfielders against the bottom of the league. It's the future.
  • If they score first we will lose . If we score first we might get a draw as we will probably concede two goals.
    I feel our best hope is to try to score two quick goals to knock the stuffing out of Norwich. We cannot just try and hang on for a draw which is our usual way. Must play a quick midfield with Haller up front . No team can keep playing without a recognised striker and hope to win many games.
  • Surely Soucek, in his form, plays more off of Antonio as a bit of a hold up man.
  • I have Ginge Collins and Tim Sherwood in studio pre match....both agree with MAJORITY of comments above " a very negative selection by Moyes " over to him and the team to do it...
  • So guess when we go 1 down ,the big guns will come on ,batter Norwich but still end up with a 1-0 loss
  • We miss Snodgrass, and (an in-form) Anderson.
  • Snoddie has improved a lot since he's been out injured. :*
  • steve said:

So guess when we go 1 down ,the big guns will come on ,batter Norwich but still end up with a 1-0 loss

Looking forward to seeing the reinforcements in the 75th minute.
  • So not playing Haller, fit for 20 minutes, Yarmo, good for 20 minutes, and Lanzini, generally lambasted, is cause for such great woe?
  • Lose to Norwich and God knows what that does to the mental fortitude of the players.
  • Get ahead with and attacking team then bring the less fit players off rather than chase a game .
  • Come on you Irons
  • I must say that I'm not a fan of starting a player you know can't last the full 90, but with the new extra subs rule, I think it can be worth considering. You don't have quite so many eggs in one basket.