Newcastle United v West Ham United - The Andy Carroll Derby

Comments

• I remember when there was talk of Shelvey coming to us and there were plenty on here saying no way. How we could do with him now!
  • Andy Carroll on. What are the odds that he scores the winner?
  • That was criminal from Fornals, so frustrating
  • Chicago, for those of us who have no idea what’s going on can you enlarge on “that was criminal from formals’. Did he miss a sitter, make a mistake which led to a goal against or what? Panic sets in after a comment like that. :|
  • Take that. Think we are gonna be ok.
  • edited July 2020
    In both his terms with us Moyes has yet to record back to back victories. Doesn’t really suggest that winning is what he does.
    At least we didn’t lose.
  • a good point but 3 points were on the table there, bit of a missed oppurtunity.
  • It’s a good point given their form. We should have won but it’s still a good point, especially given our goal difference is better than teams below.
  • Giant hammer, Sorry about that, criminally slow getting out of defense playing them on-side for their second goal, really inattentive and IMO, cost us two points
  • MIAHammer said:

I remember when there was talk of Shelvey coming to us and there were plenty on here saying no way. How we could do with him now!

No, just, NO

Frustrating, having been in the lead twice, but an away point at a team in decent form, and one more ahead of the strugglers.
  • Chicago. Thanks for that :)
  • All in all I am happy that we have taken 4 points out of our last two games, would have taken that all day long.

We ended the game pressing and there were a number of strong individual performances, fortunately, Andy Carrols was not amongst them
  • I'll take that. Could / should have been 3 points but I think most would have taken the point before the kick off. Shame about the second equaliser with Fornals not making enough effort to get back up the field. Spoilt what was a good performance from him.

Soucek is starting to look a bit of a snip. Another good performance from him, with Rice my MOTM.

COYI
  • Fornals's mistake was purely down to a lack of defensive awareness, and that surely is down to coaching.
    And while they're at it, maybe they could persuade him to have a shot at goal, because he was in some good shooting positions but he seems to lack confidence.
  • WOW ...I'm agreeing with everything IH said!!!..But seriously , could have had 6/6 but will settle for that , apart from the great pass in 1st half, IMO Fornals, and sadly Lanzini the weaker links today ( although they did have some neat passing between them )...Hate to say it , but Hope Liverpool annihilate Villa....
  • Think a point was about right though we could have maybe used slightly more attacking sub noble slows it down but four points in four days things are looking a lot better
  • 4 points against those two teams in their current form is incredible.
  • i have a feeling Watford vs West Ham will be - Winner stays up , Loser goes to the final day needing a draw / win to stay up.
  • Yeold, and there's me thinking that I was pessimistic. 😂
  • I don't think West Ham or Watford will go down.
  • A point is good as we were away from home. Would agree 4 points from the last two games is very good. One more win should be enough . Can’t see the bottom 3 winning three games to go above us . Our midfield is playing much better now.
  • The teams I want to go down with Norwich (who incidentally I would like to have stayed up) and the reasons:
    Watford - Troy Deeney
    Bournemouth - Callum Wilson, Saint Eddie.
  • 24 points dropped from winning positions. Scandalous really.
  • i have a feeling Watford vs West Ham will be - Winner stays up , Loser goes to the final day needing a draw / win to stay up.

No chance
  • Big point

We had a chance to get all 3 but this season is just about staying up, and given Newcastles form since the restart this was a big point

Also gives us a small bit of breathing room if we lose and one of the team below us win

Definitely more promising and ended the game on the front foot

Definitely need to address all the dropped points but still, big point today
  • edited July 2020
    It’s a good point so long as Villa lose

If they get a point or more, it’s a poor result & missed opportunity
  • Nice to see the bin dippers trying so hard
  • And Liverpool score
  • A quote from the BBC thread for the game - Mark Noble puts West Ham into slow motion, everything going forward was quick before he came on, now West Ham can't break at all.
  • Yep I agree.

I love Nobes, but his time here is coming to an end.