Newcastle United v West Ham United - The Andy Carroll Derby

Comments

• edited July 2020
    Masuaku & Noble back though, according to Ex.

Randolph, Balbuena, Johnson, Masuaku, Noble, Wilshere, Anderson, Yarmolenko, Silva

Not a bad bench to be fair
  • I would leave Antonio on the bench until the last 20mins if required.
    Need to be at full strength against Burnley, and even more importantly
    are the matches against Watford and Villa.
  • NewcastleS 5th game in 15 days hoping they rest a few Bruce has implied as much. Would like another decent performance think a point would be ok and a win massive
  • Substitutes:

Balbuena
    Yarmolenko
    Noble
    Wilshere
    Masuaku
    Ajeti
    Costa Silva
    Randolph
    Johnson
  • No Anderson at all. Injury or dropped ?
  • Pulled his hamstring in training.
  • No Anderson at all. Injury or dropped ?

I think I read he was an injury doubt.

• I notice that 2 of the 3 supposed Newcastle injury doubts manage to start, and the 3rd is on the bench.
  • Without Noble on the field, who would take a penalty if we won one? Bowen maybe (hopefully)?
  • Not saying he should but didn't Lanzini used to take pens when Noble wasn't about ?
  • 3points please
  • That was way too easy. We’re sitting far too deep.
  • getting dominated in the middle of the park.
  • Really exposed on the left when Lanzini chases inside. Led to the goal and exposed us again just now.
  • Newcastle playing very much in the way that i think David Moyes wants us playing with the players he has at his disposal.
  • Antonio forgetting he’s playing centre forward and keeps drifting to the left.
  • edited July 2020
    We’ve done alright.

Only complaint is we sat back too much after going 0-1 up which is stupid given 1) how early it was & 2) our defensive record.

Since drinks & first 10 mins; decent.
  • I would like to see Masuaku on for Lanzini to give a bit more bite in the middle and give Cresswell more cover.
  • Noble on for Lanzini. Not sure I agree with that. Would have preferred Fornals coming off.
  • I was thinking that Masuaku would have helped up to break, and how we needed some extra pace. On comes Noble
  • UNWALLOP
  • Fornals playing everyone onside. So frustrating!
  • That was... that was really bad
  • Can’t defend a lead & it’s getting pathetic
  • This game has been here for the taking since minute 1
  • Pathetic defending again.
    Plus Fornals not concentrating keeps Gayle onside.
  • edited July 2020
    Yeah, very lazy by Fornals, poor defending elsewhere, but playing him onside by making no effort and being too slow to get out is dreadful imo.