Away to Burnley - Saturday 9th November 3pm

Comments

• Look on the bright side poch could be available soon
  • Just had a txt from my mate Iggy who has travelled to Burnley.
    The pies are excellent.

And that, was all he wrote.
  • Spurs and Chelsea next
  • 16th and if Villa win 17th.
    Absolutely abysmal!!! I just don’t have the words!
  • Spurs and Chelsea next

Then Wolves away and Arsenal. Could easily still be on 13 points after 16 games, with no wins in forever.
  • So much of what has happened since the Bournemouth game is down to the loss of Fabianski, not just the goals conceded which has cost us points but the loss of confidence has come through leaking soft goals. I can understand Pelligrini playing Roberto he is the number two keeper, but I think he will have littel choice but to try Martin next game. Getting rid of Pellegrini is not the thing to do, that will not solve the goalkeeping problem.
  • edited November 2019
    Whitehorse, IMO sadly the goalkeeper problem is not the only 1, there are far more IMO...

I thought Pelle teams played attractive football, haven't seen much of this TBH, apart from a few games last season IMO
  • gutted, try not to let it spoil your weekend guys
  • Awful all round. Lucky to getaway with 3-0 loss. Roberto at fault with at least two if not all three goals. Fornals hardly did anything,

Despite the losses, Pellegrini has shown no tactical nous. At least Moyes went for 3-5-2 to arrest losses. Pelle has done nothing and continues to field players who should not play. We play as though we are going to walk the ball into goal, no urgency, no quick passes, no pace, no intensity, no desire, no plan, no spirit, no service to Haller and no one on the bench who could come on and do something. Now we are just above the relegation zone with almost a third of the season gone. Hardly better off than last year (may be a point more) after spending millions. There is something terribly wrong and we are yet to play most of the bigger teams.

• Can we not get a player to come out of retirement?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Weidenfeller
  • You’ve got to hand it to Roberto, he’s great box office - he seems to actually make quite a few decent saves but his two gaffes a game running average means we always lose

The neutrals must love watching him
  • You’ve got to hand it to Roberto, he’s great box office - he seems to actually make quite a few decent saves but his two gaffes a game running average means we always lose

The neutrals OPPOSITION must love watching him

There, fixed it for you :lol:
  • @sweepy23 - Hopefully, we can borrow some players from Oxford United. they had more spirit and skill than what we have seen recently. Surely, Roberto can't play now. The defence panics every time he is anywhere near the ball. The number of times he flapped and punched rather than catching the ball. I don't know if Martin is any better or we can try reserve player or recall Trott for the next game.
  • edited November 2019
    Tbf, our (non-existent) defence does give him plenty of opportunity to display his craft
  • Our players get another two week holiday to get a bit of sun and then come back refreshed to not bother putting any effort in once again.
    What on earth has to happen for this club to start performing the way it should?
    West ham is a very well supported premier league club but the owners , manager and most of the players only care about money they do not really have any passion or love for the club or have any real affinity to it in my view. Gold and Sullivan talk a good game like the players and manager but really they are just taking so much money out of the club they have no desire to change things .
  • Been a shambles since we lost in the cup

Since then weve played like a team with nothing to play for

Been a disgrace to be Frank, not just the socrelines but the effort/performances
  • Gold and Sullivan talk a good game

This time next year, Hutton, we will be in the Champions League
  • It’s an odd season, although we are off the pace, and have had a string of losses and bad performances, we are a win and a draw away from 5th. That’s assuming nobody between us gets any points. We have missed a major opportunity this season to really crack on. Not that I ever expected us to be to 4, if we had beaten the blades, palace and Geordies, we would have been sitting pretty tidy. I expect some changes and decisions before we face the spuds.
  • The only problem is wombat, we are yet to play Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester.

Now someone has pointed out that it would be very West Ham like to pick up a few wins amongst that lot - I would be tempted to agree, however only if Fab was in goal for us - so for me we are really in somewhat of a sticky position.
  • Manuel Pellegrini In West Ham’s winless run: “Of course there is concern, you never know in this league which is more difficult. In these 15 days we will work and see what happens.”
  • edited November 2019
    We will see what happens :lol: he couldn't give a damn. No incentive at all. It's win win for him.
  • Hamstew said:

Manuel Pellegrini In West Ham’s winless run: “Of course there is concern, you never know in this league which is more difficult. In these 15 days we will work and see what happens.”

that comment from Pelle IMO just deserves a big fat :doh: and nothing else....
  • No defence, no attack, no midfield, no idea. :angry:
  • We all knew how Burnley were going to play (especially Wood and Barnes) yet it seems like we hadn't prepared through the week on how to deal with the two of them.
  • So the sum total of Jay’s match thread efforts is another comedy goalkeeping performance, a drubbing, no goals scored and two injuries.

Can someone please ban him from match thread duties for at least six months

:lol:
  • Baracks I excused myself long ago...It's over 2 u, THE BRAVE 1..... :wave:
  • Some of these quotes I'm seeing :doh:
  • edited November 2019
    From deccers

“Week after week we keep our heads and up and are positive, then it gets to the game, we go 1-0 down and our heads drop”

Talk like this means we should be considering a new manager IMO
This discussion has been closed.