Away to Burnley - Saturday 9th November 3pm

Comments

• I think its Roberto more than Pelle. He is a really bad keeper, its just not his position. The goals he gifts away change the game and the defence have no confidence in him. In my view each result would have been different with Fabianski and we would have picked up a few more points and been pretty ok with things. We would have beat the Blunts and Palace, but definitely lost to Everton who outplayed us and likely lost today but in all would have been sat much further up.

He is the worst goalie I have seen for a long while. We should have known as he shipped four goal in the Carabou against Oxford the week before Fab was injured and he has been a disaster since. He is more to blame than Pelle in my view but if he starts the next match Pelle will automatically own that blame in my view as he cannot have seen anything today which says he should start again in goal for West Ham.

We have wasted a host of winnable games and now need show some character by picking up those wasted points in harder matches.
  • Cant we put Trott in goal?
  • I don’t think the board can be blamed for this, personally. Very, very few people were annoyed about Pellegrini being appointed. Very, very few people wanted Rodgers. Very, very few people felt the board haven’t supported the manager financially.

In hindsight it’s easy to say they’ve made mistakes here, but the last two years they’ve done a lot right on paper and at the time.

Honestly, I hate it when we change manager. I used to be very proud of our record of, what, 6 managers in 100 years? But tbh, I can’t see the manager turning this around.
  • Pell employed rob
    I rest my case
  • A better question is why we didn’t try and get Rodgers.

We could have had Michael O’Neill the Northern Ireland manager but we missed the boat.
  • Lukerz said:

Should have got Rafa after we let Moyes go.

Is this the same one who said he could see something happening today
  • Pelligrini should share his never fazed attitude with the world. I would love to know how he can be so passive all the time. A really great skill to have in the modern age. He could make more $ as a life coach, than footie boss.
  • According to Ex, Pellegrini and Husillios wanted to sign Roberto ahead of Fabianksi, but couldn't get the deal done at the time.

If that's true, then it throws a whole new light on their levels of competence.
  • If that is true than it is pure comedy gold
  • edited November 2019
    Pelle was never my 1st choice as manager and was surprised he was appointed.
    IMO at that time we should have splashed the cash and got Rafa, I know he wouldn't be everyones choice but IMO he is a better coach/manager than Pelle ever has.
    Rafa is now in China, and it would cost us to get him & dispense of Pelle, but that could be money well spent considering the way we are playing, Pelle's tactics- what ones..& our current injuries again will not help, but Pelle seems out of his depth in this type of situation & without an answer. He seems unable to change tactics & not able to inspire any confidence into the team. I cannot think of 1 player who he has improved, I think it's fair to say that players he bought & were already here have certainly declined since his arrival here..Anderson being a prime example & Lanzini another. ( the only exception would possibly be Snodgrass, but he even has declined this season )...

If I could get rid of him this international break I'd do it, IMO it's a perfect time & I'd risk who we end up with even if it's a stop gap till the end of the season.
    I know many people who don't like chopping/changing managers & I get that, I really do, but they do need to consider how we've been playing for a long while against in general very average teams, I think Thorn mentioned even some of our wins/draws were not very convincing.

I really fear if Pelle remains this season will be the season that see's us end up either in the bottom 3 or just survive by a point or 2, which IMO is not acceptable.

With what Pelle has been given ( money wise etc ) I feel he has not just let himself down , but all of us, the players, owners & fans for that matter, I feel for the supporters who pay to see this rot, no effort, no clue.. The only game I have seen live since Pelle becoming our manager was last season at home to Wolves, that was another horrible performance.

Out here in South Africa every PL game is shown live, sometimes I hate that! It's just got too embarrassing iMO.
    It's over to the Dave's to either sit tight or be brave & bold.
  • edited November 2019
    Cuz1 said:

Lukerz said:

Is this the same one who said he could see something happening today
    Yep. That’s me. :ok:

Although not quite sure what the connection is there.
  • Loads of internet warriors are telling us to "bring back Big Sam." Personally, IF we need an emergency appointment to save us, Moyes has a better pedigree with this club. He's toughened up our defence and produced some reasonable results by experimenting with formations (3 at the back; the diamond, 4-4-2)
    The fact is, any new manager will have to deal with an unbalanced squad: no amount of motivation will compensate for lack of GK, DMF and CF cover. It's tough times ahead, and we need a bit of the so-called Dunkirk Spirit from players and fans alike in the next months. And plenty of Yeold dark humour ;)
  • McHammer said:

Cant we put Trott in goal?

Can we recall him?
    If so I'd do it straight away, Martin is not great from what I've read/ heard, & we all know how poor Roberto seems to be, so is there an option to recall Trott?, again from what I have heard about Trott he sounds very talented if not one for the future for sure, but he might just be a better option than Roberto ( can he be any worse ) if not abailable to be recalled I'd be tempted to play Martin, little to lose IMO.
  • edited November 2019
    McHammer said:

Cant we put Trott in goal?

Can we recall him?

From what I've read we agreed to a season long loan without a recall
    Lukerz said:

Not being funny, but whatever youth keeper plays for the U23’s now needs to play against Spurs. We cannot keep persisting with Roberto. He made another two gaffes today. It can’t go on.

That would be 19 year old Joseph Anang who has started 18 times for the U23s

Loads of internet warriors are telling us to "bring back Big Sam." Personally, IF we need an emergency appointment to save us, Moyes has a better pedigree with this club.

I doubt if either of them would want to come back to West Ham.

Pelle was never my 1st choice as manager and was surprised he was appointed.
    IMO at that time we should have splashed the cash and got Rafa,

Lukerz said:

Allegedly the deal with Pellegrini was done around the time Bilic was sacked with Moyes as an unwitting caretaker. At that time Newcastle was in the middle of a takeover bid and Benitez was looking forward to working with the new owners.

So we get Antonio back for the Spurs game but lose Noble and Lanzini. This season just gets better and better...
  • Just another note on yesterday in and amongst the Roberto comments

Just how awful was Balbuena?
  • Watching the Chelski game, think we're going to get ripped a new one. :pray:
  • edited November 2019
    I agree with jay & alderz. I am not sure Pelle has it in him to change the team to get us out of this rut.

I would consider a back three now to sure us up but not sure that is ever going to happen under Pelle.

Martin
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Diop
    Fredericks - Rice - Snodgrass - Masuaku
    Yarmolenko - Anderson
    Haller

Just to get us some solidity at the back.
  • edited November 2019

Just another note on yesterday in and amongst the Roberto comments

Just how awful was Balbuena?

He was poor and Diop looks half the player when he's with Balbuena than when he's with Oggy.
  • I would definitely play Martin. If Pelle and Husillos actually wanted Roberto ahead of Fab (allegedly), there’s a chance that their judgment might be wrong about Martin and that he might be a far better option than Roberto. At least he has plied his trade in the English league so might be better and stronger physically at set pieces?

There seems to be very few other options in the short term
  • Well another shocking display!!!
    Also another shocking response from pellegrine, it's all to passive "we'll see what we can do next time". As if he doesn't know what to do. It doesn't inspire me at all.
    He reminds me of Sven Goran Erickson, no passion in his interviews, pellegrine cannot motivate players imo.
    I will go spurs game and give my full support.
    But I fear it will be heartbreak for us.
    COYI

• Our form has dropped since Fabianski got injured but for me that raises a couple of questions. Has it really dipped because the defence has no confidence in Roberto in which case they should do a hell of a lot more to protect him or was the so called good form not really there in the first place but we were constantly bailed out by Fab seeing as he topped the saves made charts again.
    I’m leaning heavily towards the latter.
  • edited November 2019
    No because he didn’t make that many game saving stops against Watford, Norwich, Villa, Man Utd. I can remember a cracking save against Grealish & that’s about it. Last season was a different story. I’m sure we would have been on about 40 points without him. We actually defended a lot better in the first 6 games of this season.

But I think him missing has caused a new level of bafflement in the back four, but I don’t think it should do. That is a poor excuse on their part but it will have a made an impact as Fab played pretty much every game last season.

We may as well play Martin now. Roberto is struggling with the basics of English keeping, something Martin will know all too well having been at MK Dons & Millwall.
  • Fabianski has been in outstanding form, he definitely has saved us on many occasions.
    Imo
  • I agree with Heathrow, for me it says it all when a goalkeeper wins player of the year award, that for me sums it up completely.
  • edited November 2019
    Luke after the first 5 or 6 games he had the highest number of saves to his name in the PL. Also he makes a lot of saves look easier than they may have been because his anticipation and positioning is generally very good.
  • Fab has been the sticky plaster masking over the shortfalls elsewhere in Pelle’s way of playing which have existed from day 1 of his tenure IMO.
This discussion has been closed.