Away to Burnley - Saturday 9th November 3pm

Comments

• edited November 2019
    From the BBC comments on the game:

"Pellegrini's horrendous! Know all about that from his time at Real. The man lead us to a 4-0 defeat to a semi-pro side in the Copa & got knocked out against mediocre Lyon in CL. Absolutely clueless fraud who destroyed Kaká.
    He bottled the 2014 title due to his inept tactics, but then Gerrard slipped & gifted it back
    Can't say I'm surprised that even a pub team like Burnley owned him!"

"He's never been world-class. Mediocre tactician who only has one style. Doesn't care about defending. Can't develop players. Teams routinely get hammered. Plays disasterous high lines all the time even with snail slow defenders. Albiol/Demichelis against Messi etc. A clown."

:whistle:
  • edited November 2019
    i've resorted to going full meme in times of depression.

• should never have let joe hart go :whistle:
  • Woeful,weak and completely lacking in fight,Snodgrass excepted.
    Never mind my wife’s just rocked up with a litre bottle of JD ,that’ll help .
  • Bring back fat sam
  • Just read this on the BBC comments:

" BBC interview with Pelegrini
    his COMMENT AFTER THE 2ND GOAL, THE "GAME WAS GONE"
    That's 44 minutes played and the game has gone "
    :angry:
    He needs to explain that.
  • Anyone watching the Leicester - Arsenal game?

Why couldn't I have been born in Leicester? :weep:
  • A better question is why we didn’t try and get Rodgers.
  • edited November 2019
    Because, as this board have proven, the semi-retired or the freebie manager is the only route they take.

Getting rid of Pelle will only see us bring in another cheap option. Most likely Mourinho.

Until the owners say ‘he is the manager we want’ & try & throw money at the club & him, we will go nowhere.
  • Dont worry everyone. Pelle says they are going to work really hard - that should fix everything. I was a big fan of pelle coming; I was wrong; he has not got a clue how to manage a struggling side. I think the owners have been really good, provided cash and kept out of his way but there is something really wrong in our team. I would like to see Eddie Howe and purchase of players for their fight and energy not flair. Top 6? I cant see us getting out of the bottom 6 at the moment
  • Breathtaking 2nd Leicester goal - Maddison
  • Commentator said Roberto was experienced; he has been at 8 clubs. we just found out why he did not stay at any of them
  • Jose is available & Ancelotti could be if the Napoli chairman has his way. Pellegrini’s comment about we will see what happens amounts to same again but I’ll still get my large salary. I said after a previous loss he just doesn’t appear to be able to inspire the team.
  • Lukerz said:

Because, as this board have proven, the semi-retired or the freebie manager is the only route they take.

Getting rid of Pelle will only see us bring in another cheap option. Most likely Mourinho.

Until the owners say ‘he is the manager we want’ & try & throw money at the club & him, we will go nowhere.

Our owners love doing “past it” when it comes to players and now managers. Even though it is questionable whether it ever works. Most recently the likes of Evra and Nasri. Giving Zab a new contract. I would say someone like Giroud can possibly still just about cut it in the Prem which would mean he is not right for West Ham. Give it a year or two though and he’ll be right at the top of our shopping list.

Even stoke city have gone and physically gone after a manager who is doing well in his current role and paid the comp to get him. And that’s Stoke City for goodness sake!!

• Not being funny, but whatever youth keeper plays for the U23’s now needs to play against Spurs. We cannot keep persisting with Roberto. He made another two gaffes today. It can’t go on.
  • Should have got Rafa after we let Moyes go.
  • You're 66 years old, been working your whole life, you've got your pension, you're looking forward to retirement after a nice bit of bunce in China for doing, if you're honest with yourself, not much.
    You're then tempted back to the EPL and you accept it just to show you can still hack it, but it goes sour. How much motivation do you have left, if any?
    IMO only the younger managers (under 55) have the hunger and the desire to be successful.
    MP is simply too old.

• Pellegrini seems to have lost it

I thought we showed some good thing last season, but teams have learnt to play against us and he has zero tactical onus to change it

This just be like how chelsea fans felt about Sarri, yet he at least got (some) results

Week in week out we play from the back with no tempo in a 4-2-3-1 formation without changing anything up and get beaten

We are on a slide and Pellegrini hasnt a clue how to stop it......
  • Lukerz said:

And I wonder whether the way the club is, i.e.who runs it and how, would put off the genuinely good, up-and-coming managers from wanting to join. I mean, we really are a circus club. What possible reason would someone like Howe or Rodgers come to West Ham?

We're a big club in tradition only; we're not run like a big club, we don't play like a big club, we don't have the 'big club mentality' that Pellegrini supposedly wants us to have. There's more to being a big club than having a big shiny stadium, but I fear those in charge haven't realised that.
  • Time for a change
  • You have to think that one or two things might be unsettled behind the scenes. I mean no Arthur in this poorly performing squad and no explanation for it?
  • Fabianski’s injury has caused this.

The back four have no faith in the keeper & it is affecting the whole side. I can’t see where our next point is coming from.
  • I don’t think the daves will sack Pelle unless there is clear and present relegation danger. Which there might not be at all this season. Instead they will let it drift and provide little in the way of transfer funds next summer. And then run down the clock in his final year. So I fear those of us wanting a managerial change will have to wait till summer 2021 unless there is a high relegation likelihood
  • The way it’s going, there is
  • Roberto has played in thew last seven games and we have lost them all. He has gifted goals in each.
  • edited November 2019
    Pengeman said:

Roberto has played in thew last seven games and we have lost them all. He has gifted goals in each.

He’s having the same effect on the side that Nigel Quashie did (although you be fair I don’t think we have lost the last seven)
  • at the moment there are worse teams teams then West Ham,,,
    But there is room for west hell to join then
  • We need three teams to be worse than us and at the moment I can’t name three playing anywhere near as badly as us.
  • edited November 2019
    Wed lose to everyone atm. We are an extremely soft touch. I thought we might be able to give them a game before but now we are a perfect game for Spurs.
This discussion has been closed.