West Ham v Man Utd H Sun 22 September 2pm. Do the Mata Matics and it adds up to a win for us.

Comments

• Ex said Lanzini is out for a month
  • Well perhaps his English is that bad that he thinks a week is a month :whome:
  • But what a nobody!!!!
  • Tv coverage just as bad over here. NBC sports did actually show the game but as soon as it was over switched to Chelsea Liverpool. When that game ended there was about an hour of post game analysis. Finally they get back to hammers United highlights. 5 minutes of how bad United were; no mention of west ham at all. They didn’t even interview Pellegrini. Mrs grey is right. Manure lost to nobody.

But what a nobody!!!!
  • The trouble with ex Manchester United players are they have been brainwashed by Fergie into thinking that the world revolves around what happens at Old Trafford and we should all bow down to them. :angry:
  • The bias in favour of Man Utd is even evident on the highlights comms on the West Ham OS

Eg right after our first goal is scored “Manchester Utd’s woes continue, they trail against West Ham”

And more of the same immediately after the final whistle
  • Motd didn't even mention the free kick. Apparently Man Utds jogging around was much more worthy of showing.
  • We're one of only two teams in the EPL table without a big red L in the last 5 games :scarf:
  • This is shaping up to be one of those seasons in the PL. look at the state of Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal. Spurs indifferent too. I really think Leicester could finish top four this season. And I think top 6 is potentially up for our taking too. We really need to believe we can do it
  • 2 cracking goals, the first involving EVERY West Ham player except Fornals (he must have felt left out...), and the second a smart line-up that fooled everyone and especially De Gea, and the best free kick I've seen in two seasons.
    Thought I'd mention that, no-one else in media world seems to have noticed ;)
  • So much for the score draw. Haha
    A thoroughly deserved victory. Another clean sheet. An all round wonderful team performance. And quality on the bench when required.
    COYI
  • This week's opposition view as good as you might expect:

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133921
  • I did like some of the gallows humour
  • You’ve got to feel for United fans, because...

Nah, I’ve got nothing. Hilarious.
  • So many of them think it’s a coaching thing and that their squad is better than ours. From the starting XIs yesterday, how many players would you take from them over ours?
  • I’d probably have Wan-Bissaka, Maguire... and maybe that’s it from those XIs?
  • I'd take James and Rashford, plus alderz's two, over Snoddy, Ajeti, Zaba and Reid.
  • From the XI yesterday I’d take Maguire and AWB.
  • OCS... maybe you were answering a different question, you picked 4 of ours that didn't start!

I would agree with AWB and Maguire. Not sure I'd want any of the other players.
  • Too early to take James imo. United play a number of good young prospects who have a good opening five games then disappear from sight.
  • Wouldn’t take AWB but only because can’t spell his name and couldn’t make a song up :lol:
  • Ok, yeah, I see what I've done there.

So WB and Maguire over Fredericks and Ogbonna.

Probably Rashford over Yarmo. I think :hmm:
  • How time changes everything. Who could have imagined this statement 10 years ago?

We have to remember this was just Man Utd we will have a far greater test of our league aspirations in the next match which is Bournemouth away.
  • edited September 2019
    Have to say, Ogbonna is a funny one.

When Pelle decided to drop Balbuena immediately after the City game I was a bit :hmm: but his decision has been spot on & the performances of Ogbonna have really surprised me. He has games where he looks really clumsy, & I can't make my mind up whether he is a good CB or not, but at the moment he is playing really solidly. He did really well Sunday, & has been great all season.
  • Just watched MOTD2 for the 2nd time and this time caught the team sheet. Honestly just realised James was playing!!

Comms were a bit harsh about the first 35 mins!
  • It was a strange game.

Like those games you used to get 15 years ago when you used to have the 'classic', Super Sunday games and they used to be really tight & usually end 0-0.

Man Utd seemed happy to take the 0-0 from the off, & we seemed to be a bit too respectful on face value, but maybe that was more a gameplan.
  • Great result from a good performance.

That feelgood feeling is back again. :scarf:
  • Lukerz said:

Man Utd seemed happy to take the 0-0 from the off, & we seemed to be a bit too respectful on face value, but maybe that was more a gameplan.

I imagine we didn’t want to be caught on the counter, considering they had Rashford and James upfront.
  • edited September 2019
    The biggest thing for me is the clean sheets we are keeping, TBH I din't think a Pelle team like us was capable of this, IMO it's more important than our lack of " clicking" attacking at the moment, because the players we have in those area's I am sure that it's just a matter of time, fair play to Pelle.
  • To spot James you had to look in Frederick's pocket