West Ham v Man Utd H Sun 22 September 2pm. Do the Mata Matics and it adds up to a win for us.

Comments

• Days like these make me proud to be a HAMMER COYI
  • I thought Ogbonna had a good game especially after taking an early yellow card.
  • Mark noble , what a man, leader , icon. , OBE
  • Like others have said, our performance wasn’t really anything special but it didn’t need to be.Pleased for Cresswell after the performance against City, not only for the goal ( Payetesque I thought) but I thought he had a good solid game.
    Very impressed with Haller up front, won everything in the air and had more than a few clever flicks and lay offs.
    I’m loving the security at the back and with Fabianski we look almost impregnable.
    Great result.
  • Yarma was great today I thought.
  • Still waiting for us to actually put in a great attacking performance, to be honest.

But rightly IMO, Pelle has finally taken a look at our defensive shape and we've made massive improvements at the back. That's a great basis for us to start expressing ourselves more going forward.

Anderson has to mix his game up. Lanzini has to play closer to Haller and get himself in the box a bit more. We need to start creating a few more chances for Haller, too, and putting some crosses in once in a while to play to one of his main strengths.

I think the 90 mins today will do Fornals the world of good, too.
  • edited September 2019
    I didnt want to spoil anyones day by mentioning I was going today. Flew in this morning and flying back home now. Some of you may recall I havent seen us win live since November 1990 away to Plymouth.

Alex Ferguson, Paul Scholes, Usain Bolt, Dennis Taylor, Eamonn Holmes your guys took one hell of a beating!!! COYI

• Lanzini has to play closer to Haller and get himself in the box a bit more.

What?
  • I'm saying Lanzini has to play closer to Haller. And get himself in the box a bit more.
  • edited September 2019
    Slacker
    I’m loving the security at the back and with Fabianski we look almost impregnable.

Jorderz
    Pelle has finally taken a look at our defensive shape and we've made massive improvements at the back. That's a great basis for us to start expressing ourselves more going forward.

A 100% performance in defence today/ I am still wondering where it came from! Diop and Ogbonna were immense. I do love the way that Anderson gets back and does the defensive stuff, it is so important that the little tackles/disruptions are constantly going in to stop our opponents. We know how to do the defensive stuff so lets keep it up.

Noble battled away for everything and our midfield presence was the other part of that win.

We were a little lacking offensively but hey we got two goals so...

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
  • Lanzini didnt play today
  • Think Jorderz was talking in general.

Clearly, this is a Man U side far below a top 4 team, but I think there is a danger of knocking them so much, we forget that we played well. We weren't, for the most part, scintillating, but we were organised (yes, us) and diligent. We worked hard against a team that is, at the very least, our equal, and then crafted and took our chances.
  • I thought Lanzini was completely static today. He was well off the pace and almost like a passenger :hmm:
  • :lol:

I'm well aware Lanzini didn't play today.

If you read my post, it was referring to more general points about our attacking play and how I still don't feel we've really clicked going forward yet.
  • Thought Anderson was poor today but still produced a quality pass for the first goal . He was a bit sloppy with his passes seems to need a goal to get his confidence back. He seems to be not as direct as he usually is hopefully that assist will give him a boost.
  • edited September 2019
    My fault although it threw me because of the title of the thread so presumed that’s what we were posting about, as for lanzini at ten games in I think we will see why he was offered a new contract
  • Happy happy joy joy
  • Anyone else noticed that our run of consistency esp from a defensive point of view started as soon as Herb fell in love with Noble again?
  • I thought Rice and Diop were immense. Ogbonna some crucial tackles as well. I was surprised Yarmo got MOM. He looked a bit tired defensively but was still quality. Haller is a beast takes so much down on his chest an was beating big Harry in the air a lot.
  • Listening to post match coverage, it seems Man U are the first team to lose a match when not actually playing against another team.
  • Yes.

It did happen.

I saw the whole thing.
  • Just back from the game, took a manu supporting colleague with me today, and cheerfully happily and gloatingly drove him back to Euston. I believe, by the language most colourful that he directed at me, that he was not a happy person this evening. I have followed up my consolations with an email and a picture of him at the stadium. I believe my work here is done. If sky was bad, you should have heard the Danny Kelly Simon Jordan show on talk spurt, about an hour of the crisis at manu, #ole out and all that twaddle, and 30 seconds about the Irons. No mention of individual good performances, only now West Ham are above Manu and where is it all going wrong.
    Some excellent abuse from the home fans at the travelling mancs who all started walking out after Cressers free kick went in.
    Well done everybody.
  • Can we get you a job on Sky?
  • So the weekend kicked off brilliantly with the Spurs result, got even better at the London Stadium and just about ended perfectly at the Bridge.

Happy days

:biggrin:
  • On the official site there are 2 minute highlights that only last 50 seconds lol
  • edited September 2019
    Spoke to Lanzini and he said he’d be back next week :ok:
  • That was the most comfortable victory over Man U that I can remember. They are a poor side but we did all that was required. Oggy back to his best, defensively sound, good strikes from Yarmo and Cressie. Love it.
    COYI
  • Quality from the BBC match report, as per:

Manuel Pellegrini's side were bottom of the table after four matches this season.

Er, we really weren’t.

I want my money back.
  • Tv coverage just as bad over here. NBC sports did actually show the game but as soon as it was over switched to Chelsea Liverpool. When that game ended there was about an hour of post game analysis. Finally they get back to hammers United highlights. 5 minutes of how bad United were; no mention of west ham at all. They didn’t even interview Pellegrini. Mrs grey is right. Manure lost to nobody.