West Ham v Man Utd H Sun 22 September 2pm. Do the Mata Matics and it adds up to a win for us.

Comments

• Nice pass by Anderson and excellent finish by Yarmolenko.
  • Neville spends the entire highlight analysis saying how poor Man United are rather than saying anything about the quality of the goal.
  • Cracker of a goal
  • Man Utd 7 months without a clean sheet!
  • :goal:

YARMO!

:wahoo:
  • Some people thinking Rice isn't good enough for Man United's midfield.

LOL.
  • Is it me this very biased commentary
  • Both centre forwards have been very quiet. Rashford only had one run which Declan intercepted.
  • I think one of the reasons we are slower in attack is because we have become more organised defensively.

Anderson, for example, has really taken his defensive duties seriously in recent games, which means he is not up the pitch when we turn possession over, so we have to start from much further back.
  • Sky :::: home of the has beens
  • You know it’s a bad day in the studio when Souness is the happy one :lol:
  • edited September 2019
    What’s everyones impression of Fornals in this game? I haven’t been too impressed but he has got some praise from the commentators.
  • I think it was Rice who said after the Villa game how close of a group we are this season. The celebration for the goal looked like the team was extremely close! It was like one big group hug!
  • MIAHammer said:

What’s everyones impression of Fornals in this game? I haven’t been too impressed but he has got some praise from the commentators.

For me he just looks off the pace, which is usual for a newbie to the PL.

Reckon he’ll be fine in a month or so.
  • You can see Fornals has got great technical ability. He's just getting used to the pace of the league, it seems to me. You can't dawdle the way you can in Spain. Somebody is always right behind you.

He'll come good, IMO.
  • edited September 2019
    Fair play to Yarmo. He's keeping hold of the ball so much better than against Villa, using his flicks and skills only at the right times and now has a goal.

In the second half I'd like to see Haller have a go at one of the other defenders (ie not Maguire). With some clever movement I think he'll make their life difficult.
  • edited September 2019
    MIAHammer said:

Needs confidence because his decision making is costing him. Bit like a striker who needs that opening goal to get them going, Fornals needs one of those balls to turn into an assist and the confidence will put him in a better mind frame.

He is currently playing to either extreme of either thinking 2 steps ahead of everyone else who is not on the same wave length or just not making a decision at all and panicking.
  • Re Formals: remember the vastly more experienced. Yarmo struggled at the start of last season. He's got bags of skill, and a great engine. If we're patient, I think he'll be really good for us. This is only his 2nd PL start.
  • Yarmo WAS there! :biggrin: :scarf:
  • Lifeline there. Massive hole at left back and the cross should be finished by Mata.

Big let off.
  • What is Cresswell doing.
  • MIAHammer said:

He'll come good.

Coming in for a big transfer fee and then not playing probably damaged his confidence - imagine you're coming to a new country at that age, full of excitement and enthusiasm and you find yourself on the bench most games.

He just needs a run in the team. Lanzini at the end of last season didn't seem good, Yarmo is only starting to look good this season now. It may take Fornals 5+ games if he gets consecutive matches.
  • Mata really should have scored there.

• ManU coming out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. It could be mighty tough for us to keep a clean sheet.
  • What is Cresswell doing.

If you ever find out, can you let him know.
  • MIA

As in the first half, it's a spell we need to see out.
  • Fornals needs time. Lanzini took a few games to get used to the Premier.
  • More anti-West Ham digs by the Sky comms team, this time about the stadium.

So unprofessional.
  • Game is turning into a bit of a scrap which i don't think West Ham will mind.
  • This commentary team are starting to make me feel sick. Everything is either how well or badly Man United are doing things. There are actually two teams playing and one of them is winning, you clowns.