Hammers ⚒ v Man City - “AND IT’S LIVE”

Comments

• nice of us to ensure Liverpool dont pull away on goal difference to City.
  • That’s 9 they’ve put past us in a month. Thought that after the thrashing in China we’d have had some idea as to how to counteract them but we were utterly clueless.
    Our midfield are so slow and predictable and seem asleep most of the time.
    It’s easy to write it off that City are a class act, which they are, but you can see the way they are coached that they are light years away from us.
  • They are brilliant and they can do that to anyone. But they do it to us every single time. Why cant we even get a spirited loss?
  • alderz

We have, last 2 seasons at their gaff.
  • Going back to bed :weep:
  • This game has confirmed my worst fears about the way VAR could undermine the referee on the pitch, eliminate reasonable discretion and divert attention and comment from the actual game.

Why can't we just have a human referee who's decision is final and we all accept it?

In no way has VAR in this game undermined Dean. All the VAR decisions were correct and Dean refereed that game in the way he always does.

There were many things wrong with that game, VAR was not one of them.
    Totally agree Suze!
    NBC spending a lot of time talking about VAR and how it’s affecting the atmosphere. They’re all saying the Jesus goal should have stood.
    I disagree. We have the technology now, so it has to be used.
  • Creswell ain't no captain
  • It was easy to see that in the first half City were practising walking football and that just about suited us because we could try and keep pace with it.
    Second half they decided to stop fooling around and stepped on the gas and blew us away.
    Only positive from today is that it wasn’t 7 or 8.
  • VAR is primarily used in goal decisions.

There was a lot of use of VAR because City create a lot of goal scoring situations.

It's City's fault, not VAR's...
  • Oh well, the cricket’s back on Wednesday.
    You can’t read much into that game, they will do that to a lot of sides this season.At least it’s out of the way now.
  • Hamstew said:

Creswell ain't no captain

Innit.

Balbuena captain at Corinthians. Diop captain at Toulouse. Wilshere captain at Arsenal.

And Pellegrini give it to Cresswell.

Noble at least leads by example. I don't know what Cresswell does, either as a player or a captain.
  • Slacker said:

Oh well, the cricket’s back on Wednesday.
    You can’t read much into that game, they will do that to a lot of sides this season.At least it’s out of the way now.

:weep:
  • alderz

We have, last 2 seasons at their gaff.

I mean, you know as well as I do that we are dreadful every time come to us
  • Can't wait to go and watch Brighton next week
  • Like there were positives, and we aren't going be in trouble....But you could tell we were going to be battered .....its just flat out not good enough

Dont understand how Pellegrini cannot see this and doesnt mix it up, the job of the manager is to access the opposition and come up with a plan, which we just didnt do

City will put 4/5 past a couple teams, but if we want to be taken seriously we need to fix up fast

• edited August 2019
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/bilanz/verein/281/plus/0?saison_id=&land_id=189&wettbewerb_id=GB1&heim_gast=&day=&punkte=&group=1&datum_von=01.08.2016&datum_bis=08.08.2019

This is Pep’s record against PL teams. Basically, he destroys most teams. Before today, Watford had the worst record against him.

Only Middlesbrough are unbeaten against him!
  • I'm just surprised what an easy ride our manager gets at times, I think it must be an age thing.
  • In our last 5 home games against them we’ve conceded 22 goals. Two 5’s and three 4’s.
    Perhaps we should come to some arrangement with them where we refuse to play and they are awarded the three points and it’s down as a 3-0 loss. We would be happy with that but I guess they won’t be as goal difference may come into the title chase.
  • I don’t quite get Pelle’s comments. He doesn’t think the score was a fair reflection of the game but says he wasn’t happy with how we played in the first half and we conceded in the second half by giving them too much space and time.
  • MIAHammer said:

This game has confirmed my worst fears about the way VAR could undermine the referee on the pitch, eliminate reasonable discretion and divert attention and comment from the actual game.

Why can't we just have a human referee who's decision is final and we all accept it?

In no way has VAR in this game undermined Dean. All the VAR decisions were correct and Dean refereed that game in the way he always does.

There were many things wrong with that game, VAR was not one of them.
    Totally agree Suze!
    NBC spending a lot of time talking about VAR and how it’s affecting the atmosphere. They’re all saying the Jesus goal should have stood.
    I disagree. We have the technology now, so it has to be used.
    I respect the views expressed. I guess I align with an old fashioned world where we accept the referees decisions on the pitch and get on with it.
  • Result was disappointing to say the least, frankly I thought we started well and I really liked the way that Haller linked up play and controlled the ball, I think we have a real footballer up top.

However good City are, the end result exposed some poor performances, Diop had a bit of a mare and Lanzini only showed flashes of what he can do, midfield looked pretty much non existent in the second half.

Ho hum
  • Brighton romping it at Watford. Won’t be easy next week.
  • Good for you Dean.

However, I much prefer a world were you say when something is wrong.
  • Champo agreed City will put 4/5 past a couple of teams this season but if our midfield and defence perform like they did today, especially second half, a couple more teams will do to us what city did today.
    Pelle really needs to address it.
  • There is no excuse for the consistent way we get battered by them. Losing 0-5 in a one off game is not the problem; losing 0-4, 1-4, 0-5, 0-4, 0-5 in five consecutive home fixtures against them is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Lukerz :ok:

That’s a shameful run of results.
  • Brighton will be full of confidence ahead of next week, which is probably the last thing we need.
  • I've been watching the game (with half an eye) -they haven't been playing like Barcelona. Watford set up wrong, and never got going. I'd like to hope we'll have a bit more about us.
  • Just back from game thought we played ok in first half was quite happy at half time second half Man City showed their quality but we just did not take our chances the double effort quickly followed by the double taken penalty took any chance of us getting anything out the game. Haller look quality and our season won,t be defined but how we do against city . It’s strange I came away from the game feeling like it was not a 5-0 thrashing performance. Man City are just too clinical and punished us every time
This discussion has been closed.