Hammers ⚒ v Man City - “AND IT’S LIVE”

Comments

• I think we are the only PL team to concede 4 goals at home to the same opposition 4 times on the bounce :lol:

You won't be saying that next year :lol:
  • Lino failed to see Fab was clearly off his line, which makes a mockery of the decision not to use VAR to check it
  • We start each year with a big negative goal difference and never recover from it.
    I thought the Norwich defending last night was poor but ours is ridiculous.
  • We are not as bad as Norwich.

Not having that.
  • edited August 2019
    Thorn :ok: Playing catch up from game two and already pressure to get something out of the next couple of games.
  • 5-0

Sterling hatrick.
  • Oh for God sake
  • This game has confirmed my worst fears about the way VAR could undermine the referee on the pitch, eliminate reasonable discretion and divert attention and comment from the actual game.

Why can't we just have a human referee who's decision is final and we all accept it?
  • At least we didnt lose 4-0....
  • Still believe that Suze.
  • edited August 2019
    1st half was ok but 2nd half has been a shambles
  • Surely a foul in the build up.
  • not going to let this result spoil my optimism better teams than us will lose heavily to them believe me
  • edited August 2019
    Still time for a 6th. I don’t think we have a defence, it’s been so so easy and a complete embarrassment.
  • edited August 2019
    Obviously not a foul on Diop in the build up to that goal...
  • Still believe that Suze.

Err.... I might have changed my mind a tad :biggrin:
  • We continue to be so embarrassingly easy to play against.
  • We lost all shape in midfield
  • Still time for a 6th.

You can but hope, thorn...
  • I don't think any team has a worst aggregate scoreline against City than us over the last 4 seasons league games combined.
  • This game has confirmed my worst fears about the way VAR could undermine the referee on the pitch, eliminate reasonable discretion and divert attention and comment from the actual game.

Why can't we just have a human referee who's decision is final and we all accept it?

In no way has VAR in this game undermined Dean. All the VAR decisions were correct and Dean refereed that game in the way he always does.

There were many things wrong with that game, VAR was not one of them.
  • Dodger58 said:

We lost all shape in midfield

We didn't have a midfield.

Which we knew.

And did nothing about in the summer.

No one can be surprised by what we've just seen.
  • Boys have embarrassed us again. I was hoping for a 2 or 3 nil loss.
  • I don't understand the Fornal change one bit. Maybe for injury. Looks like we lack motivation again. Not worried too much though, City have their triangles down to a science. One day we will have a coach teach us triangles.
  • edited August 2019
    One that could teach us defending would be good, too
  • Sadly we have a manger that will not change, its too embarrassing regardless how good City are, I have said it since he came, Pelle just does not know how to change his tactics, it's his way or the highway, shocking.
  • edited August 2019
    I think I remember someone saying that our squad is one that will concede a lot but score a lot. Well, we're half way there. :weep:
  • From reading some of the comments on here you'd think we had lost 5-0.
  • No changes are going to do anything, City went up a gear from the first half and West Ham just cant match that.

But simply getting turned over at home by a 4 goal margin every season is just poor. It doesn't matter who we play in the world. If that is happening consistently then no lessons are being learnt and i'm afraid that falls at the managers feet.
This discussion has been closed.